collapse collapse

* Donation Status

53%
Current donation status as of April 14, 2021 = $2,027.16 of $2,500
(81%)
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Affection for a deity that you do not know  (Read 441 times)

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Affection for a deity that you do not know
« on: January 15, 2021, 06:11:08 am »
Hello,

I had an interesting experience during our Senut recently.

It has been our perception of late that Sobek has been around since pre-RPD for me. Which is quite a thing, as I was not around at the time. I do not know Sobek well at all. I know a couple of things he is supposed to be the "God of", but that is about it.

And yet, in our Senut, I found myself feeling a profound sensation of, I'd say affection, or perhaps love, towards him. I could not figure out why, as he is essentially a stranger to me. But the sensation persisted and was quite strong.

I assume that this is likely "normal", but I would still like to hear people's experiences with such a thing if possible. Most people seem to have affection for deities that they know well, or were at least investigating at the time. How many of you have felt these things for deities you did not know, and if I might ask, what came of it?

Thank you,

Selene
Isha (they) | Selene (she)
𓇼

Offline Sobekemiti

• Shemsu
Re: Affection for a deity that you do not know
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:28:59 am »
Em hotep Selene,

I've had this happen to me more than once on my polytheistic travels. Sometimes, it's just a god making themselves known to me for the first time, a sort of 'hello I'm safe and I love you and want to connect' sort of situation. These are the ones that tend to morph into more lasting relationships.

Other times, it's a passing sort of feeling, as if we're traveling in different directions, but They've stopped for a while to say hello. This is more common when I'm writing stories about gods I may not know as well, and I feel Their presence as I write Them, and then They go when I'm done writing what They wanted me to write.

Also, I have felt Sobek very much like that in my own life too. Just an overwhelming feeling of Love and Affection from Him. It's very calming. One of His epithets is the Lord of Love, after all. <3 It may be that He's simply reminding you that He's around, if you ever decide to start making a connection with Him. I'm more than happy to ramble about Sobek to you if you need any advice about that. <3

senebty,
Emiti
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') | Genderfluid (they/them) | Sau Apprentice
mes-en-Sobek Shedety
meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet
Per sebek |

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3404
  • stats Total Posts: 301390
  • stats Total Topics: 20752
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 121