Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Bes Amulet/Artwork?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Tuaira

• Shemsu
Bes Amulet/Artwork?
« on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:41 am »
My mother is having very unsettling dreams, they're not bad per se, but they are confusing and upsetting. I don't think she's getting very restful sleep. I was thinking of getting her a Bes Amulet or icon, something she can either wear or have in the room? Is that a good idea and is anyone in the house got a Bes-related item for sale or can make one?
Sat Ra meryt Nut her Set

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: Bes Amulet/Artwork?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 07:42:02 pm »
I don't know much about Bes, but I'm sure other people will be able to help you, but I do know that Nit, Yinepu, Nut and Aset are great names to deal with sleep and dream stuff
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Sesaiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:36:12 pm »
This is what I was able to find with a brief search:
https://www.ebay.com/i/254335202521
or
https://www.etsy.com/listing/622237422/bes-egyptian-god-of-good-fighting-evil

An alternative might be a sa protection amulet! Bezen has one available here from shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/A33TYHS6B/ancient-egyptian-sa-ldquo-protection-rdquo-amulet-version-1
You might also be able to request a Bes design, but you would have to speak to them directly to verify that they can do that! :)

Senebty,
Sesai
𓊨𓏏𓁐𓋴𓋴𓐠𓄿𓀁𓀀 — “Aset makes me wise” or "Aset satisfies me" / "Aset me hace sabie" o "Aset me satisface"

Discord moderator + Spanish language liaison
Moderadore del Discord + Enlace para les Hispanohablantes

𓎬 𓁥 𓎬

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 10:21:56 am »
Em hotep nefer, Tuaira!

I happen to have an "antiqued" bronze (Sopdu-)Bes/Heka statue I can pass along, although I need to finish making Him a new wood base. I'd be happy to PM you pictures after I get back from the hospital today.

On a related note, (in addition to Yinepu and Aset, already mentioned, Who are Divinities with "Big Heka" across the board) Set and Tutu are historically Gods to petition over nightmares. Set, because He is a Lord of Night and the God of nightmares and nocturnal visions (much in the same spirit that, say, Apollo would be petitioned against plague and pestilence in the Hellenic world, to use a better-known example); Tutu because He is the pacifying Son of various Eye Goddesses in Their wrathful aspect (Nit and Nekhbet in particular, but not only those Ladies).

"Bes," to further qualify (and you can ask Bestekeni for all kinds of material/greater elaboration on this; it's one of her specialties as an Egyptologist and iconographer), is less an individual God and more of a function/form of several Gods and a Modern Egyptological category Egyptians didn't quite use in the way we Moderns do. They're also not to be confused with what are called Sau-figures (which often have the dwarfish "Bes"-body but sometimes feature leonine, jackal, or antiquatedly-called "pygmy" heads, and on one unique headrest, Set-animal heads and crocodile heads. There are one or two articles with accompanying illustrations I can forward you concerning Sau-figures, if you're interested. These spirits do the same job 😉).

Likewise, because the God Shu appears on headrests more than just once, I think it's safe to say that Shu is a nocturnal protector of dreamers, too.

All that being said and in any event, Whomever the petitioner feels "closest" to, they can expect just as much help from that God/dess as from the aforementioned Divinities and class(es) of Spirit. 😙

I hope this helps!
Senebty,
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 04:36:23 pm »
I’m rather late to this, but I did end up putting together an amulet for Bes as was suggested by Sesaiaset. (https://www.shapeways.com/product/DCVDMYTNM/bes-amulet?optionId=151540467&li=shop-inventory)

Regardless of any  potential interest in it, I hope you were able to find something for your mother and that she’s now resting better!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:01:53 pm by Bezenwepwy »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 10:13:11 am »
That is a beautiful amulet for Bes, Bezenwepwy!  (Another item to add to the long list of potential temptations, :D )

Senebty,
Neheh....
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3308
  • stats Total Posts: 299318
  • stats Total Topics: 20536
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119