Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: About the beginning  (Read 5111 times)

Offline Nofret Hathor

• Remetj
About the beginning
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:40:35 pm »
Dear All,

Thank you very much for accepting my registration here. :)
Around two days ago I sent an E-mail to Rev. Tamara Siuda about the online membership and learning, but unfortunetally she hasn't answered me yet. I don't want to bother her, she must be really busy, so maybe you can help me with my questions. :) Maybe these were asked a lot before, so I'm terribly sorry if you have to read them again.

First of all, I am a 23-year-old Wicca from Europe, from Hungary. As far as I know, there are no Kemetic Orthodox shrines/temples here, but I would like to learn more about ancient Egypt's culture, religion and gladly worship a god or goddess (my all-time favourit is Anubis but I also have a strong connection with Bastet and Hathor too). I read everything I could about studying here and I was very happy that you are open for foreign candidates as well... But I don't know how I should imagine the process of online studying. I mean, I should join to a Skype or maybe Messenger call and speak with you via it, or I should join to a chatroom and have online chatting with the others.... It's an important question for me because I work in a plaza, in an optic shop and most of the time I have to work 10 or 11 hours a day and there's no system in my schedule. So, sometimes I have to work on weekends, too. I am afraid that I cannot join to study with the other candidates all the time. :(

Secondly, on kemet.org I saw that the beginner's course is free. Does it mean that for other courses I have to pay in the future if I pass the beginner's one? If yes, how much does a course cost?

Thank you if you read my long post and thank you if you can help me with these questions.

Blessed be,

NH

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: About the beginning
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:20:04 pm »
Em hotep, NH!

At the time I did my beginners course it was taken via 1. e-mail, where we received all the materials and 2. an IRC chatroom where we would discuss the lessons. If you can't take the discussions all of the chatlogs are send to us via e-mail, where we can always contact the priests who are taken the course to ask anything.
If something I said has changed since when I did my beginners course, please someone let me known.

There are no other official House of Netjer courses aside from the beginners course, but our Nisut, Rev. Dr. Tamara do have her own courses that can all be found on https://courses.tamarasiuda.com/ and on her patreon page https://www.patreon.com/tsiuda but none of them are required to take to be part of the Kemetic Orthodox religion.

Senebty,
Hepetwi.
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:55:23 pm »
Em hotep, Nofret!

The beginner's class is designed to introduce you to all of the basics of the Kemetic Orthodox faith over the course of several written lessons. When I first joined (I presume this probably hasn't changed much in 18 years), these were distributed by email primarily with discussion on the forums and via chat. Your timezone or your work schedule should not at all be a problem, you might miss some of the live chats but the forums and email and private messages will always be open for you.

It is completely free and there are no additional 'intermediate / advanced' classes you have to take later. We are a faith / religion / spirituality, however you want to term it, so the Beginner's class is an intro to our practice and belief system so you can better decide if you'd like to move forward in following the Kemetic Orthodox path. If you choose to join and participate in the House after the Beginner's class is over, you will have new areas of the forums opened up to you and there is lots of material and discussion happening all the time! The lessons you learn in the Beginner's class are just the start of a greater journey, the tip of a much larger iceberg. :)

In the interest of transparency since you did bring up free vs. not-free, there is a small fee associated with RPD later on if you choose to proceed with it (RPD = Rite of Parent Divination, where you find out which Netjeru/Gods are your Parent(s) and Beloved(s)). That fee strictly covers the materials and offerings for this divination performed by Hemet(AUS) (Rev. Siuda) and I think the amount has not even changed since I was here in 2001.

No one to my knowledge has ever been barred from RPD if they can't afford it. Financial barriers are not something we're interested in here.

Hemet can be very busy and typically replies to emails on two days per week, so if you've sent an email please give Her some time to respond! In the mean time, feel free to ask as many questions as you like :)

~ Nesi
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬ - wepwawet.ca
sat Wepwawet-Yinepu, meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Discord Moderator - join via your Kemet.org account!
Fedw for my Father | HoN Class of 2001

Online Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:29:26 am »
Em hotep and welcome!

The others have covered your questions quite nicely, so I would just like to say hello, and I hope that you enjoy the Beginners Class!
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Offline Nofret Hathor

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 02:12:35 am »
Thank you all very much for the answers! 😊 Rev. Tamara also sent me an e-mail about my questions, she is such a nice person, as you too. Thank you again. I can't wait to start the beginner's course. 😊

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 10:49:09 am »
Em hotep and welcome!  (I agree, Hathor is beautiful (Nofret) :)

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Nofret Hathor

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 03:12:06 pm »
Thank you very much, Senuwierneheh! ^^ And yes, indeed. ^^ I chosed this username because She is the goddess of love, dancing and joy and, as a bellydancer, sometimes I try to get some inspiration through Her image. I mean, I try to imagine how She would dance on the given music and this gives me inspiration. And, when I created my account, I was thinking about bellydancing and that's how the name came. :D

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 09:39:01 pm »
Em hotep and welcome to the boards!  ^_^

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Nofret Hathor

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:30 am »
Em hotep and thank you very much  ^^

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 12:49:14 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 05:37:58 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!!
Nysenu | "Because of two" | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Bast | Yinepu-Wepwywawet | Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Khonsu | Sekhmet-Mut | Mafdet | Set
𓃧𓃠𓁢𓃧
𓁳𓁴𓃮𓁣

Offline Nofret Hathor

• Remetj
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 02:59:06 pm »
Thank you very much, everyone! ^^ <3

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 07:27:29 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:46 pm »
Em hotep, Nofret Hathor! I have family in Hungary, and I've visited a few times--lovely to see someone from there who's interested in Kemet. ^_^ . I'm one of the instructors, so I'll look forward to seeing you in the class.

Senebty,

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Sautyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »
Nofret Hathor... I love that you bellydance. I took lessons many years ago, oddly enough (or maybe not) they were taught by someone who had been a Shemsu here. I think honoring Netjer through dance is a lovely sort of a offering. And it’s a lot of fun. I’d love to pick it back up but I don’t think there are any classes around me anymore.

Welcome.
Saut
Sat Yinepu Meryt Nekhbet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3308
  • stats Total Posts: 299318
  • stats Total Topics: 20536
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything