[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodoxy General Forums > [PUBLIC] Welcome!

A Wild Sobek Kid Appears!

(1/8) > >>

Sobekemiti:
Em Hotep, everyone!

It's been a while since I was on the forums, and even longer since I was a shemsu. Some of you might remember me, but many may not. It's been a while, after all. For those who don't know me, I'm Sobekemiti/Emiti, 36, Australian, genderfluid (they/them), and have worshipped Sobek for about 20 years now. I joined the House in 2003, and I was divined back in 2005 as a child of Sobek, and beloved of Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, and Wepwawet. I took my shemsu vows in 2006.

I wandered off from the House back in 2011 to sort out my Sobek and Heru stuff, which, if you've been reading Per Sebek, you probably know how that turned out. And if you haven't, hello, have an entire site about Sobek. <3 I've been a solitary Kemetic since I left the house, not tied to any particular tradition, but forging my own path for Sobek.

I hadn't intended to be away from the House for so long. I thought it might just be a couple of years, and things would make sense and I could go back to my Kemetic stuff. Sobek clearly had other ideas, bc I have wandered through a bunch of different paths and practices and other things I had no idea were relevant until I looked back on them before I got to where I am now. Everything taught me something, bc that's how Sobek works with me, but I feel like I haven't had a stable path for a very long time now.

But a lot has changed this year. I normally do my Wep Ronpet on Feb 1, bc it makes the seasons match up with the southern hemisphere seasons, and this year's has been A Lot. Lots of inner changes, and a ton of decluttering, going back to uni to retrain, a burgeoning new romantic relationship, and Sobek and Aset urging me to go back to the House, bc this is where I need to be right now. Hence, I am back.

I was actually going to wait a bit longer to make a re-introduction, once I'd properly joined the House again, but Temi reached out to me today and now I'm convined this is where I need to be. Sobek clearly wants His kids back here. So here I am. So for now, I'll enjoy getting to know you all, some again, and some for the first time.

senebty,
Emiti

Shezatwepwawet:
Welcome back Emiti!

Ma'atnofret:
Em hotep and welcome back

Temimensenu:
Em hotep and Welcome back Emiti!

Thank you for joining me on my quest to find out what Dad wants

Sautyinepu:
Welcome back Emiti!

I joined in 2002 and have been sort of wandering for quite some time, too. Never formally leaving the house but never around for long periods, either. Yinepu also likes to round His kids up.  :) I won’t say I’m back for good but I’m here for awhile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version