collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: New and uncertain.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: New and uncertain.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 08:28:15 am »
Em hotep, Ashlea!

Welcome to the House of Netjer, and I hope that you find what you're looking for here! I too have a deep love of Mehet Weret, so we should probably gush sometime about her together. ;)

I'm also the legal advisor for the House, so I'd like to address your concerns about your personal information. Basically, since we rely so heavily on the internet for communication, we need to make sure there is an actual human on the other end of the email. We do basic background screening for community safety reasons. We do not allow in members who are known stalkers of existing members, registered sex offenders, felons, or anyone who would pose an obvious threat to the community. Some people in the past have tried to join with sockpuppet accounts for the purpose of disrupting or harassing the temple generally, and that's also something we actively work to protect against.

And even though data security and member safety are issues that I am deeply involved with, I don't actually see any member data that members have not willingly and knowingly shared with me unless there is a problem I need to investigate, which has happened exactly once in my 13 years here.

I hope that addresses your concerns. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions along these lines.

Senebty!
Arieni
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3248
  • stats Total Posts: 298290
  • stats Total Topics: 20442
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything