Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Meretseger  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Nix

• Remetj
Meretseger
« on: March 11, 2020, 05:53:42 am »
Recently started following/working with Her, and I was wondering if anyone here did, and if they had any tips? I've asked around a bit, but I'm still ever curious about Her.

Like what offerings to give Her, what She's like with others, how to more formally approach Her and welcome Her into my practice. Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated!

Offline Redietankhesi

Re: Meretseger
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:32:02 pm »
em hotep nefer.

i met Meretseger a long while ago in my practice, before my official return. at first it was an admiration, but with time and patience, like a cobra waiting to strike, She came back to me with a vengeance to take me under Her gaze. surprisingly, She did so in tandem with Geb, the two working closely together enough for me to guess that, by UPG, They acted as a wedded pair in Their dominion over me.
Meretseger is the humbling force i need, the bite to Geb's bark (pun intended). She reminds me that i needn't "take no [censored]", nor should i create any, and though She is a sharp and stern mother and wife in this dynamic, She is much needed and loves in Her own ways. Her lack of many words or raised voice does not mean She has nothing to say - She whispers in the lowest places, and requires you to stoop down to hear Her, to see what She wants to show you, to bring you down to the level you need to grow from. She often takes the form of the danger in the road, the coiled snake threatening to bite with fatal venom, but to fight Her is to be loved by Her, to learn Her lesson - She teaches best when She can place you at the end of Her spear, never fearing for this is how She adores you, how She shows you that you are loved and important, training you to fulfill your highest qualities.
i offer Her my discipline, physical or otherwise. the times i show restraint, the times i am the bigger person - the times i forgive, but never forget. i light candles and sit vigil, silent, simply feeling Her coiling around me with a cold smile that still manages to fill me with warmth. i offer Her teas and light cakes and breads, things one would give to their dead, things that never sit on the stomach long - heavy foods are too stifling for a Goddess that must always be moving, always headed towards the next battle, the next lesson. cool waters and wine and drying flowers. snakeskins and cement shards and sandstones. flint and weaponry and sacrifice. these are Her offerings.
read to Her, speak to Her. She values words. She is a listener above all. let Her take what you have to say, and weave it into something greater, only to put it against you to prove to Her how much you stand by it.
given ancient life.
call me rediankhesi or redi please!
𓇉
finding a way.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3304
  • stats Total Posts: 299241
  • stats Total Topics: 20531
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything