collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Nit-Nebthet-Seshat?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Gemahi-Itui

• Shemsu
Nit-Nebthet-Seshat?
« on: March 13, 2020, 07:40:01 pm »
Hello everyone!

I hope youre all well!

Ive been trying to get myself out of my fallow period by researching and connecting with some of the Netjeru in my lineup that I havent had much experience on and the one that has been constantly on my mind is Nit-Nebthet-Seshat.

They've always been a bit hard for me to wrap my head around, so I was wondering, how do you all tend to view them? What are your experiences with them? What offerings do you think are appropriate?

Im unsure of how They work as as a whole, and any perspective would be much appreciated from me! <:)

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:58:14 pm by Gemahi-Itui »
Gemahi-Itui
I behold/catch sight of my two Fathers

Son of Set and Sobek-Ra.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Heru-wer and Bast

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
Re: Nit-Nebthet-Seshat?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 08:09:08 pm »
Come along to the Names of Netjer chat in 20 minutes. next week. Nit is one of the Names being featured.

Meanwhile, some hints on offerings to Nit:
I've found Nit likes offerings that I would like, something that I would immediately enjoy as part of my next meal, but perhaps that's because She's my Mom!
I've found that, while She likes vodka, She prefers something with herb and seed extracts in it like absinthe.
And given the choice of frankincense, myrrh, amber, and sandalwood, She chose Sandalwood during Senut.

Edit: last minute postponing to next week.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:12:31 pm by Shaseni »
“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Heru-wer.
Fundraiser, Sema Ka (Newsletter and Calendar editor), Discord moderator.

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »
Also there is Hemet (AUS)'s book Nebt-het: Lady of the House. As the title suggests, it's primarily about Nebt-het, but it also has short chapters on Nit and Seshat.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/tamara-l-siuda/nebt-het-lady-of-the-house/ebook/product-17476215.html
“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:33:58 pm »
In my book, Flaming Lioness, I have some  ancient hymns for Nit and Nebet Het and Seshat (all separately). 

I tend to really only get Nebet Het.  I rarely get Seshat or Nit in my personal practice.

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 08:14:47 am »
I get Nebthet and I get Nit, but in my experience, they are very different from each other.  Nebthet is such a gentle, loving presence.  Nit is the ancient Great Grandmother, mother of Ra and Grandmother of Hethert.  She has a power that in some ways is more intense than that of Set.  She shields me with her great shield.  (And she loves all of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.)  There's a fierceness to that love, in some ways more fierce than that of Sekhmet.  I'm so glad to be getting to know them more.

I don't have much experience yet with Seshat....

Senebty,
Neheh....
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Sesaiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 11:06:56 am »
I have Nit-Nebthet-Seshat as a Beloved as well, and I get them together. Before my RPD I spent time with Nit and Nebthet, with an emphasis on Nebthet. Seshat is the most distant to me, which I think is why they appeared in that order in my RPD.

I get Nit as a stern but loving force, presenting to me as very butch. Nebthet is softer, but since my RPD I've come to understand my experience of her more as Nit in different clothing.

Nit-Nebthet-Seshat enjoys from me things that are strong-- stiff drinks, highly seasoned foods, as well as offerings of my time which take on more physical emphases.

I do also get her as Creator sometimes, which is when she becomes most mind-bendy to me. She is definitely a lot to conceive of and understand, for sure!
𓊨𓏏𓁐𓋴𓋴𓐠𓄿𓀁𓀀 — “Aset makes me wise” or "Aset satisfies me" / "Aset me hace sabie" o "Aset me satisface"

Discord moderator + Spanish language liaison
Moderadore de Discord + Enlace para les Hispanohablantes

𓎬 𓁥 𓎬

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 12:13:29 pm »
Em hotep!

I adore to talk about Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, I think there are a few threads on Her here on the Forums, give it a search because I'm sure you will find some great stuff <3

I get Them/Her as a Trio of Names who are always together by the manifestation of the first one - in my case, Nit. So when I call for Nit, the other two will always appear behind Her.

For me Nit is very much primordial, She is very abstractal and abyssal, Her presence around me feel like an underwater flooded and dark cave, but in constant motion, She always appear to me as the Great Creator (in Her own forms, and sometimes in Mehet-Weret form). Nebt-het is very very close to me, She was the "doorway" for me to meet Nit, They two get almost mixed together, I can see much of the creational aspects of Nit in Nebt-het, but I can also see much of Nebt-het's end/death powers in Nit too.
Seshat is the most distant one for me, She seems very caring and observing, She is always on the back of the first Two writting and taking notes of Creation.
Thinking about the Cave image, Nit is the cave itself and inside of it resides the water (Nebt-het) and the motion (Seshat). But of course, each and every one of Them can be each symbol on this energetic abyssal cavern.
(Hope it didn't got too confusing)

Senebty,
Hepetwi
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Gemahi-Itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »
Thank you all so much for your replies! I really appreciate them!!

It seems most people get them as a trio rather than a singular entity, thats really interesting! I was really strictly trying to fathom Them as Nit fused with all the aspects of the other two.

Thats probably why it was so hard for me to understand.

I think im gonna researching both separately and see where that takes me before i try thinking of them as a singularity

(More perspectives are always welcome! I would love to hear what more people have to say!)
Gemahi-Itui
I behold/catch sight of my two Fathers

Son of Set and Sobek-Ra.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Heru-wer and Bast

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 12:55:02 pm »
Some aspected Names I do get as one entity with two Names/manifestations, but, for me, with Nit it is three together indeed!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:01:42 pm by Asethepetwi »
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 01:47:56 pm »
Yes, I think it’s important to know that Nit-Nebthet-Seshat is/are regarded within Kemetic Orthodoxy as aspects, and not a syncretization. Hemet makes this clear in several forum posts over the years. In other words, They are not fused to make a fourth single separate Name.

Of the Three, I’ve so far experienced Nit much more than the other Two. And yet Nit has shown very many sides of Herself to me. When She first appeared, She came over as strong, confident, terse, and almost overwhelmingly and head-swimmingly powerful. Later I saw Her as sharp, precise, focused, like a master archer. I’ve seen Her as detached, matter-of-fact, and almost businesslike. I’ve seen Her as a teacher of heka and an inspirer of creative art. Often She seems a young mature woman wearing the deshret, but I’ve glimpsed Her as Creatrix, manipulating primal waters, and unimaginably old. And I see Her warm and motherly, someone Who is proud of Her child, and Who sometimes fusses about my health and appearance!

When I was changing my avatar after RPD and Naming, several people commented on how ‘metal’ the meaning of my name was, with two very powerful parents! However, despite Her association with bows, arrows, shields, and her reputation as a huntress and warrior, She wanted none of that. Instead I was to emphasize Her regality.

Seshat I’ve experienced directly rather less so far. She has helped me recalling and recording  dreams. She promises to aid me when I am writing novels.

I recall Nebt-het from Her epagomenal festival. She introduced Herself gently, and wanted an offering of milk, promising that I’d hear from Her a lot more in the future.

Nit-Nebthet-Seshat is my Divine Mother, and I have Set as my Divine Father. It’s interesting that in different myths at different times, Set’s consort is variously named as Nebt-het or Nit, and that Sobek is the result of that latter union. And yet as Nit in myth as Creatrix, She needs no partner to create Ra and the other Gods.
“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298646
  • stats Total Topics: 20478
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything