collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Igniting the flame  (Read 304 times)

Offline Nesertem

Igniting the flame
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:10:12 pm »
Hello everyone! I have been browsing the boards for a while and I decided to join.

Some background on me:
I am 34, mixed with Black and Filipino, employed, and living with mental illness. The latter makes having a spiritual path very difficult, especially since the voices in my head use this as an opportunity to manipulate and torment me. Naturally, I was mistrustful when I started hearing Sekhmet's voice again. But my daily devotionals are improving communication and strengthening my connection to Her in the process. It is just challenging because I am learning and developing rituals at the same time! I get inspiration every day and I feel like I need to do something with it.

I mainly worship Sekhmet as a goddess of fire, destruction, and blood. I want to explore Her warrior and healer aspects in the future. I also feel a connection to Renenutet, Nut, and Thoth.

That is it about me for now, any suggestions and advice are very welcome. :)

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: Igniting the flame
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:42:44 pm »
Em hotep, Nesertem!

Welcome to the House of Netjer! I'm really glad that you find a good voice between the ones that torment you. Sekhmet is the goddess of this year, the Great Flame. She is a great Healer that I hope will help you with your journey.
I know little about Renenutet, I know She was once syncretized with Serqet, another great healer. If you ever want to have a talk on Nut, I'm always open, She is my first Beloved and I care so much for Her.

Senebty and welcome,
Hepetwi <3
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Nesertem

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 11:19:52 pm »
Hello Asethepetwi!
Thank you for responding. I definitely want to connect with Sekhmet’s healer aspect. Her fire aspect is just so prominent in my worship of her. I didn’t know there was a connection between Renenutet and Serqet, it makes me want to learn even more about Serqet. I’m just fascinated by Nut’s depiction in art, she’s so beautiful. I have this memory of going outside one night and the sky was cerulean blue and the stars were sparkling. I remember feeling uncomfortable and quickly going back inside. I don’t know if this memory is connected to her or not and I don’t have visual hallucinations (thank goodness). It happened years ago and I just remembered it.

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 11:38:16 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Offline Nesertem

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 12:33:58 am »
Em hotep and welcome!

Thank you, Temimensenu! :)

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 01:36:34 am »
Em hotep & welcome!

Interesting that you've broke your silence in this year. Like Asethepetwi said, we currently have Sekhmet-Nesret specifically as our deity of the year. The oracle about that, in case you haven't seen/read it: http://www.nisut.org/2020/08/aset-oracle-year-28.html
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet

Offline Beck88

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 03:30:10 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
I find television very educating. Every time someone turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. ~Groucho Marx

~Graduate of Zep Tepi Class 57~

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 07:50:15 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Amarantheia

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 10:26:34 am »
Em hotep and welcome! ❤
☽✩Devoted to Astarte✩☾

Offline Nesertem

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 11:30:10 am »
Em hotep & welcome!

Interesting that you've broke your silence in this year. Like Asethepetwi said, we currently have Sekhmet-Nesret specifically as our deity of the year. The oracle about that, in case you haven't seen/read it: http://www.nisut.org/2020/08/aset-oracle-year-28.html

Thank you for welcoming me everyone! :)

And thank you for sharing the link, Bawysudjawi. It was an enjoyable read that really helps me on my path. I'm happy that this Her year and I hope it draw even more followers to Her.

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 06:35:02 pm »
Em hotep, and welcome!
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline laurenb

• Remetj
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 06:48:01 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!

I am also drawn to Sekhmet, and deal with mental illness, both in the long term. I hope you consider the beginner's class, as you learn a lot and honestly, it's a great experience

Lauren
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Bast

Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Sau Apprentice

Offline Nesertem

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 04:32:44 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!

I am also drawn to Sekhmet, and deal with mental illness, both in the long term. I hope you consider the beginner's class, as you learn a lot and honestly, it's a great experience

Lauren

Thank you, Yinepuemsaes!

Thank you for posting Lauren. I don't feel so alone now. I am currently considering the beginner's class.

Offline laurenb

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 04:52:10 pm »
Definitely not alone. I'm happy to talk any time through DMs as well, if you'd like.

Lauren
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Bast

Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Sau Apprentice

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 06:36:09 pm »
Welcome!

My main piece of advice to anyone who comes here is just to keep an open mind, and to share or contribute however you feel able or inspired, because a community is only bettered by the sharing of knowledge and experiences from a wide variety of people :)

~ Nesi
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬ - wepwawet.ca
sat Wepwawet-Yinepu, meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Discord Moderator - join via your Kemet.org account!
Fedw for my Father | HoN Class of 2001

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3312
  • stats Total Posts: 299385
  • stats Total Topics: 20544
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955