Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Serqet  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Nekoite

• Remetj
Serqet
« on: April 08, 2020, 07:29:12 pm »
Hello again!

Through a roundabout way, I’ve recently become interested in Serqet (Serket?) and wanted to learn a bit more about her!

Unfortunately, I haven’t had the best luck, and so I was hoping asking here would help!

I’m interested in personal experiences with her, as well as what she stands for and general history!

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!
Eunha/Neko
Bast-Mut - Nut - Set - Serqet -Nebthet
Naunet-Sopdet-Satet

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
Re: Serqet
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:36:53 pm »
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
Sat Aset-Serqet
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline kenn

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:56:48 pm »
more: https://midnightandmythos.wordpress.com/tag/serket/
    : https://aminoapps.com/c/worldofmagic278/page/blog/serket-and-the-breath-of-life/LN6p_nlU8uez4mYLNl4Y6DqV5na4p5d2RN
The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt by Wilkinson has good info as well.

I will post a more in depth reply, including personal experience, when I have more time.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 05:56:00 am »
Serqet, for me, was a difficult one for a long time.

I found her aloof, abrupt, harsh. She was the scorpion, terrifying and dangerous. She could heal and she could sting, and honestly? Probably both at the same time. She has thrust her hand into my chest and wrenched out my pain to show me what I need to work on, what I need to heal, and she does not use anaesthetic.

So we had a tense relationship for a very long time. I loved her in my own way, and I needed her, and she's part of me and my life, but it was tense and I never knew how to get close to her.

One day, I actually saw her aspecting with Aset. This isn't a thing I ever "got" before, she was always Serqet. If there was any Aset, it was a fierce enough Aset that I never noticed. But this time, I saw the aspecting. Saw them blending at the edges, saw them running into each other like spilled paint. And it was like the key I needed to unlock an understanding of her, I think, because there was a time, though I don't remember the exact context, when I saw her and I saw through that harshness, to the Goddess behind, reaching out her hand to me.

And she was radiant, and kind, and full of love. She's not Hethert, it's not the same "tone" of love that you get from most aspects of Hethert. But it's just as expansive and true, if she's giving it to you. True to that earlier blunt nature, if she has decided to give something, it is given, there is no question, no lack of conviction. Her love is as quick, forceful, and powerful as any of her stings.

When I saw that face of her, when I understood that ah, yes, my Beloved loves me, she simply said "Finally.". It's true, I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes :P

She's the kind of Goddess who will rip off a band aid, and she's not exactly the kind to kiss it better afterwards. She's kind and loving, but she's not actually my mother, and I am not actually a 2 year old with a skinned knee. But she knows what hurts, and it's my perception that she will be your support when you need it, even if she's the one pushing you to go through that pain.
Isha (they) | Selene (she)
Meset Wepwawet, Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Reiki Student • Sau Apprentice
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓏣𓋌𓇼

Offline Nekoite

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 03:30:08 pm »
Oh my goodness, thank you all for the sources and experiences!!

She’s been a bit elusive, either for my own benefit or simply because I have nothing to learn from her yet!

It’s odd, I’ve thought of her merged with the likes of Meretseger! Maybe because they have similar ‘domains’ but I’ve found it quite curious!
Eunha/Neko
Bast-Mut - Nut - Set - Serqet -Nebthet
Naunet-Sopdet-Satet

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 05:27:09 pm »
If there is one thing I know about the Names, it is that They are very 'squishy'.  :D  They will often merge with each other, and this has been noted both in ancient times, and in our experiences with Them. <3
Sat Aset-Serqet
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 04:51:22 pm »
Em hotep!  *henu*

Serqet can be both a healer and protector.  She will always have a scorpion aspect to Her however She shows up for you.  She can be secretive, even if there is nothing of major importance to be learned.  There is a maternal aspect to Her, (the great scorpion that carries us on Her back), but it's a different maternal feel than most of the other divine mothers. 

She wants you to spend time with Her to get to know Her better/learn Who She is for you (I'm not trying to be cryptic here, but She didn't want me to change what is above as I re-read it).  Offerings that She approves of would be:  amber incense, nature valley sweet and salty almond bars, cinnamon candied almonds, lemons.  If you are unable to obtain almond or lemon offerings, She will accept bread.  Lime-aid or water works as a liquid offering (for now no alcohol). 

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 07:53:04 pm »
I have a small icon of Serqet on my desk at work. She is heavily involved in my professional life and I am learning to get closer to her and understand her actions in my life.
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Paserutaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
I have a small icon of Serqet on my desk at work. She is heavily involved in my professional life and I am learning to get closer to her and understand her actions in my life.

Em hotep, Raheri!

I feel an approximation of Aset in his aspect of Serqet in connection with my area in mental health. Could you tell us in which area you work?

If you are uncomfortable with the question, I apologize!
Paserutaset "The prophecies of Aset"
Paserut
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Heru-Wer, Wesir and Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3306
  • stats Total Posts: 299262
  • stats Total Topics: 20533
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything