collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 57
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Offerings for Djehuty  (Read 975 times)

Offline Taji

• Shemsu
Offerings for Djehuty
« on: April 27, 2020, 04:42:54 pm »
So I am praying to Djehuty more with everything that is going on.  For people to use reason, endeavor to understand each other, put seeking Truth before ideology, avoiding misunderstandings, ... all that jazz.

What offerings does He like?

Senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:47:05 pm by Tasedjebbast »

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Offerings for Djehuty
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »
Em Hotep!

In my experience with him, he loves lemon flavors, green and herbal teas especially.
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Taji

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:20 pm »
Thank you! If anyone wants to share their Djehuty stories, I’d like to hear those too.

Offline Sedjosrysekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:17:30 pm »
Oh my adopted dad. <3 One of my favorite topics! I find hes fond of honey, and Chai tea. I always make him Chai tea. Milk will do in a pinch as well. Pens, paper, any sort of writing material. Writing in his name is also top notch. When i was in school i pledged my homework to him for my writing class. This is upg but i think hes very fond of my divination materials as limited as they are. <3
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)  Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Djehuty her Bast-Mut

Official Bog mom.

Offline Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:08:06 am »
Em hotep!

I only have one experience with Djehuty, but it was...powerful to say the least.

I was in my microbiology lecture, and my fibro was flaring so bad I couldn't even sit properly. I had lab next for the same class and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to move my hands enough to do the lab since it required so much precision, and sitting was hard enough as is. I sent out a silent prayer to whoever was listening for help, otherwise I was going to have to take an absence for my lab and honestly I love lab time. As soon as lecture ended, after I sent out my silent prayer, my pain disappeared. I knew immediately it was Djehuty. After lab ended (I did everything perfectly and I had so much fun), my pain slowly started creeping back. I offered Djehuty a coffee from the campus Starbucks and my pain level stayed lower than it had been before He intervened.

I haven't had any interactions with Djehuty since, but that has stuck with me very hard.
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

Offline Sa-ta-Aset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 02:42:11 am »
citrus, flavors or scents. mint. earl grey tea, He gets my London Fogs from Starbucks regularly
meset Aset
meryt Wepwawet her Djehuty
please don't shorten my name
self care Sekhmet & Nit advocate

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 10:41:11 am »
Ancient scribes used to pour out a little ink as an offering to Djehuty, so I have a tiny notebook that I write "dua Djehuty" in as a way of carrying on that tradition with the non-ink-spilling tools I have at hand. :)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline thebonyman

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »
I've always offerees him tea and coffee, and he really seems to like those. And strangely, Pepsi.

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 05:41:58 am »
For me it is dahl particularly if I’ve made it.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 02:33:19 pm »
Earl Grey and mint teas, Mint Juleps. Limoncello. St George absinthe.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Iau

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 08:07:58 pm »
Chai is a common offering to Him, and in my experience He seems to enjoy it. I only recently started trying citrusy offerings and those seem to go over well too!

In addition to that, Frankincense incense is something I've heard others reference and have myself offered to Him in the past. Patchouli has had to take its place for me recently (only because I haven't had a chance to replace my current Frankincense incense, which has a wood core for each stick--wood-core incense has started to seriously mess with me lately :/) and I haven't gotten strong negative feelings around it, so I imagine it's at least fine!

On the flip side, I seem to recall that Myrrh should be avoided with Him (even when mixed with Frankincense). I don't recall quite where I've heard this though (much less how reliable the source was), and I've never offered it myself so I can't personally attest to His distaste for it, so YMMV.  :)
Iaunehehnydjehuty
Eternal Adoration of Djehuty | YOW-neh-HEH-nee-djeh-HOO-tee
Meset Djehuty Meryt Bes her Hethert-Sekhmet
My Art | Kemetic Blog
Discord Moderator

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 09:53:36 pm »
coins...well used ones.  Pennies especially.

Good paper and pens.  Ones you like, not ones you think will please Him, because He expects you to use them.  The act of writing is more the offering than the tools of writing are.

Bergamot, so Earl Grey tea.
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 10:58:40 pm »
Hey Taji, I just got a nudge to offer to do an I-Ching reading for you with Djehuty if you are interested.  Even though I Ching is Eastern divination, Djehuty is always the facilitator for me when I use it.

We could zoom or FB call for the coin tosses, then I can send you the message from the book via photo so you could read it.  I'm open all weekend, if you are interested.  Unless you have the book yourself, in which case, He says please use pennies.
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3250
  • stats Total Posts: 298330
  • stats Total Topics: 20448
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything