Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Aspects of Aset?  (Read 474 times)

Offline NorthSpirit

Aspects of Aset?
« on: April 27, 2020, 11:26:08 pm »
Em Hotep and good evening all!
      In my past few days of opening my mind to the Netjeru and exploring, I've starting thinking over a lot of the different aspects each Netjer holds. For example Bast-Mut or Hethert-Nut. However, in all of my pondering on the subject, the one name that continued to come back to me was Aset. I'd like to learn more about Her aspects and what it is like to work with Her in these aspects. I feel like She has been holding my attention for the past few days on the subject so what better way is there than to ask around and do a bit of research? There have been a few other posts describing aspects and the one that lead me into this spiral of needing to know was the conversation about Mehet Weret. Is it possible that I am experiencing Aset as a part of Mehet Weret or something else entirely?

Thank you to all who respond! I'm excited to be continuing my journey on these forums.

Offline Sa-ta-Aset

• Shemsu
Re: Aspects of Aset?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 02:46:45 am »
you could be, definitely, but it's hard to know for sure. everyone's UPG on what She is like is going to vary, even if slightly. if you think She may be coming to you in that form, then that's something you can ask Her about in whatever way you're comfortable

I experience my Mother mainly in Her epithet of Lady of All the Stars, but She is also for me Aset-Amenti, Weret Hekau, and other things I haven't discovered yet. our Netjeru are great and vast, as well as squishy. however They appear to each of us may vary at any time, depending on what we need and how They feel

hope this helps!
meset Aset
meryt Wepwawet her Djehuty
please don't shorten my name
self care Sekhmet & Nit advocate

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 06:40:00 am »
There have been a few other posts describing aspects and the one that lead me into this spiral of needing to know was the conversation about Mehet Weret. Is it possible that I am experiencing Aset as a part of Mehet Weret or something else entirely?

Mehet Weret can be an aspect of Aset.  There is even a syncretism recorded called Aset-Mehet Weret in the form of a cow.  So yes, you could be receiving Aset as the Celestial Cow. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:29:21 pm »
Yes you totally could! But I must say that tradicionally and for most people, Aset is VERY shapeshifter, there is usually one aspect of Her that is bigger than the others for you, but She will change a LOT.
For me She is very much Weret-Hekau and Mother, usually Nit and Nut appear more to me as Mehet-Weret, but I did experienced Aset ans the Great Cow. And She can be much much much more!
If you wanna explore more of Her aspects I totally recommend TahekerutAset's book "Magician, Mother and Queen".
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline NorthSpirit

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 02:04:20 pm »
She may be coming to you in that form, then that's something you can ask Her about in whatever way you're comfortable
However They appear to each of us may vary at any time, depending on what we need and how They feel
Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your response. I'll have to reach out a bit more and talk to Her about it in the next few days. This does really help and I appreciate your guidance.

Offline NorthSpirit

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 02:06:23 pm »
Mehet Weret can be an aspect of Aset.  There is even a syncretism recorded called Aset-Mehet Weret in the form of a cow.  So yes, you could be receiving Aset as the Celestial Cow.
That's incredibly intriguing. I'll have to look into it a bit more and talk with Her. Possibly meditate on it for a while.

Offline Sesaiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 06:23:44 pm »
As everyone had said, Aset can be many things. Speaking with Hemet (AUS) recently, she even said that each person will always interact with what we call an Iru, a form, of Aset, simply because she is such a shapeshifter. For me, Aset is Hatmehyt, who is the goddess of Mendes named "foremost of the fishes", but that doesn't mean she isn't also still Aset. If you feel pulled to examining a very specific form of Aset, you absolutely should.

That being said, if you need someone to talk to about this subject, please don't hesitate to send me a message. 💙
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:27:32 pm by Sesaiaset »
𓊨𓏏𓁐𓋴𓋴𓐠𓄿𓀁𓀀 — “Aset makes me wise” or "Aset satisfies me"
Aset's designated nerd | self-care Hatmehyt advocate
Meset Aset-Weret-Hatmehyt, Meryt Nit, Amun-Ra-Banebdjedet, her Hethert
𓎬 𓈰 𓎬

Offline Asetwedjbai

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 05:54:51 pm »
You may find that your relationship with Aset and how she presents herself to you changes over time. I used to always and only get her as Aset-Amentet and now she's coming to me as Aset-Sopdet. My thinking is that she's so vast that her children and beloveds tend to "get" her as specific aspects or Iru.

There are probably more aspects/Iru of Aset than there are people.

<3 wedjbai
Wedjbai
sat Aset-Amentet
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet,Wesir, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nut &
Nebthet-Seshat-Nit

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3180
  • stats Total Posts: 295997
  • stats Total Topics: 20234
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955