Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Amun-Ra as beloved  (Read 363 times)

Offline Sopdetmuti

• Shemsu
Amun-Ra as beloved
« on: June 05, 2020, 11:19:24 am »
Em hotep !

I have a question about Amon-Ra. He is my beloved. Of all the netjeru in my lineage, he is the one I have the hardest time defining, feeling and communicating with.

However, I associate him with a time of day that I love to observe: dawn. Attending the spectacle of the rising sun is something which arouses in me intense emotions, joy, but also a feeling of the sacred and the divine. Apart from this experience, he seems to me difficult to perceive or understand. (I like twilight too.)

And you ? What experiences do you have with him?

Have a nice day
Senebty
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:44:41 pm by Sopdetmuti »
Sopdetmuti
"My two Mothers are effective for me."
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet her Bast, meryt Amun-Ra
Followed beginners classes from July 2006 to January 2007.
RPD March 27, 2007

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Amun-Ra as beloved
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 06:10:03 am »
Em hotep!

I have Amun as a Beloved, and He is very much the Hidden One for me!

I say that as even trying to visualise Him, there is never a clear image, like He’s deliberately obscuring himself, it’s almost always faded or fuzzy or just, well, jittery. I can never get a clear focus.

He almost never speaks, either, instead He communicates a lot nonverbally.

I’ve also found that wind, a light breeze, can be something that gives me feelings of Him. It is both there, and not there.

I hope this helps, and senebty,
Temi
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 09:29:15 am »
Em hotep

Amun-Ra for me is prob my loudest Beloved honestly. He is warm and soft and gives big proud father vibes haha but He is also huge and I always feel that most of Him is hidden from me
"Yinepu heals me" - Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet Beloved of Amun-Ra, Heru-Wer and Sokar-Wesir

Sau apprentice

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 10:10:54 am »
Em hotep nefer, Sopdetmuti and all! :)

Amun-Re(-Banebdjedet) is my Father, rather than my Beloved. As I've written before elsewhere, even when we're simply speaking of Amun-Re and not His manifestation in the Divine person of Banebdjedet, He is a set of individuals Whose ends and beginnings are difficult to discern. For me, He is Amun-Re, He is Banebdjedet, and He is both Gods manifesting as a unique and  an incredibly diffuse and abstract third Who is called "Djefedjef" in mystical writings pertaining to Amun Theology dating between the New Kingdom and Late Period. He is each of Them individually, and He is all of Them at once.

Personally, one of my favourite portions of Amun's Mysteries is in His being Djefedjef, "Hidden within His Iris." It is not a flower; rather, it is His Eye-Goddess (usually Sekhmet). She is His physical representation -- the Atenet, the feminine Aten -- yet She hides Him, clothes Him in a mystical aura that allows Him to be percieved wihout being revealed. There, within His supreme sanctuary in the sky, He is the Mysterious Ba, Mysterious of Mysteries Whose Mysteries Cannot Be Known. (And yes, the Egyptian hymns really are that "redundant," to emphasize how incredibly transcendent and immutable this God is. ;)

Amun-Re's hiddenness is not a "lurking in shadow," but an obscurement by His own, supremely overwhelming brilliance. He is everywhere, enduring in everything, the Lord of All That Is, illuminating all things in Creation. Because He is so vast and so overwhelming, He is more than just difficult to "see." :)

It's not a failing on anyone's part to not "understand" Amun-Re. Indeed, it is impossible to come anywhere near to fully comprehending Him. The only things we can really "know" are those things which concern the surviving evidence of His historical cults and what His temple scribes recorded in their hymns to Him. But this is, at the end of the day, a superficial kind knowledge compared to experiencing His Mysteries, which are difficult to articulate.

I hope this helps some!

Senebty,
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Sopdetmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 02:29:06 pm »
Quote from: Temi
I’ve also found that wind, a light breeze, can be something that gives me feelings of Him. It is both there, and not there.

Me too at first. For example near the river which flows down from my house. Sometimes when I thought of him, I felt a light breeze that swept over the leaves of the trees and the surface of the water, then disappeared.

Quote from: Temi
He almost never speaks, either, instead He communicates a lot nonverbally.
Yes, he is quite silent and discreet.

Quote from: Sonebiyinepu
I always feel that most of Him is hidden from me
Hidden, yes that's the right word.

Quote from: Sedjfaiemitui
It's not a failing on anyone's part to not "understand" Amun-Re. Indeed, it is impossible to come anywhere near to fully comprehending Him..
It's reassuring. I sometimes felt guilty for having more distance, a different link compared to my other netjeru. Was it me or him?
Now it's clearer. I am not the only one to have this feeling.

Thank you for your testimonials.  I am happy to know the experience of other members with him.
I'm glad I shared this with you.

Senebty

Sopdetmuti
"My two Mothers are effective for me."
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet her Bast, meryt Amun-Ra
Followed beginners classes from July 2006 to January 2007.
RPD March 27, 2007

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 12:22:46 am »
I've come to terms with my Beloved Amun-Ra's ineffability and at this point I just do my best not to stare into the void.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3180
  • stats Total Posts: 296004
  • stats Total Topics: 20234
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955