[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodoxy General Forums > [PUBLIC] Welcome!

as the cool kids say: "Em hotep!"

(1/5) > >>

Bear:
Hello all! You can call me either Bear or Suzanne. One of those--I'm sure you can guess which--is the name my mother gave me, but I'll answer to both equally.

I've been what I call a "recovering monotheist" for about five years now. I was raised Roman Catholic, and it worked well for me until my early 20s, at which point I started having thoughts and feelings that the Church couldn't give me satisfactory explanations for.

I started tentatively worshiping Anubis in 2015, at which point (I presume) Taweret tapped Him on the shoulder and said "thanks for getting her through the gate, I'll take it from here". She is my Mother Most Mighty, my Scary Hippo Mom; I affectionately refer to myself as Her calf. Other gods have come into my life--Sopdu, Hapy of the Nile, Bast, Pakhet--but Taweret has remained the most constant of them, and my heart is safely in those big scary lioness paws of Hers. Even when She is in Her form of Taweret-Sekhmet (a sync I was recently introduced to, the Mistress of Pure Slaughter), I know I have nothing to fear from Her.

I'm coming to the House at this time because I wanted to explore a more organized/structured approach to my Kemetic paganism. I really do miss the community and structured ritual of Catholicism. (It's about the only thing I miss, really...) I put in my application for the next Beginners' Class yesterday, so hopefully I'll be taking part in that come July!

I've recently been working on prayer beads/bracelets and finding a lot of joy in creating them for myself and others, inspired by the gods. If I do decide to stick around with the community--either during or after the class--I'd be more than happy to make some on commission!

So hello!

(You may find my avatar familiar. I am blackbearmagic and washedinpurewater on tumblr!)

Taynodjmettaweret:
Em hotep, Bear! This is antlering! Glad to see another Hippo kid here! ^^

I hope you enjoy the Beginners' Class! I think it's a worthwhile experience, regardless of what decision you make afterwards! Let me know if you have any questions or wanna chat about Mama. (Especially Taweret-Sekhmet...I have not met her in that form yet!) <3

Senebty!  8)

Ma'atnofret:
Em hotep and welcome!

I love seeing all Sekhmet Forms and learn more about them. If you have any information/articles/websites about Taweret-Sekhmet I would be very excited to read more on her.

Temimensenu:
Em hotep and welcome!

I hope you enjoy the upcoming beginners class!

Tjemsy:
Em hotep and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! <3

I know you! I've followed you on Tumblr for like, forever. You don't know me, though. Heheh. ^^;

I'm Tjemsy. My Parents are Sekhmet and Set, and Taweret is one of my Beloveds! I have not heard of Taweret-Sekhmet before, but my Sekhmet primarily manifests as "Lady of Slaughter" so that is interesting to me! I would be curious to hear how you experience her. <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version