collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: as the cool kids say: "Em hotep!"  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Bear

• Beginner
as the cool kids say: "Em hotep!"
« on: June 14, 2020, 12:52:32 pm »
Hello all! You can call me either Bear or Suzanne. One of those--I'm sure you can guess which--is the name my mother gave me, but I'll answer to both equally.

I've been what I call a "recovering monotheist" for about five years now. I was raised Roman Catholic, and it worked well for me until my early 20s, at which point I started having thoughts and feelings that the Church couldn't give me satisfactory explanations for.

I started tentatively worshiping Anubis in 2015, at which point (I presume) Taweret tapped Him on the shoulder and said "thanks for getting her through the gate, I'll take it from here". She is my Mother Most Mighty, my Scary Hippo Mom; I affectionately refer to myself as Her calf. Other gods have come into my life--Sopdu, Hapy of the Nile, Bast, Pakhet--but Taweret has remained the most constant of them, and my heart is safely in those big scary lioness paws of Hers. Even when She is in Her form of Taweret-Sekhmet (a sync I was recently introduced to, the Mistress of Pure Slaughter), I know I have nothing to fear from Her.

I'm coming to the House at this time because I wanted to explore a more organized/structured approach to my Kemetic paganism. I really do miss the community and structured ritual of Catholicism. (It's about the only thing I miss, really...) I put in my application for the next Beginners' Class yesterday, so hopefully I'll be taking part in that come July!

I've recently been working on prayer beads/bracelets and finding a lot of joy in creating them for myself and others, inspired by the gods. If I do decide to stick around with the community--either during or after the class--I'd be more than happy to make some on commission!

So hello!

(You may find my avatar familiar. I am blackbearmagic and washedinpurewater on tumblr!)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:25:59 pm by Bear »

Offline Taynodjmettaweret

• Shemsu
Re: as the cool kids say: "Em hotep!"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 02:02:43 pm »
Em hotep, Bear! This is antlering! Glad to see another Hippo kid here! ^^

I hope you enjoy the Beginners' Class! I think it's a worthwhile experience, regardless of what decision you make afterwards! Let me know if you have any questions or wanna chat about Mama. (Especially Taweret-Sekhmet...I have not met her in that form yet!) <3

Senebty!  8)
Taynodjmet - "this sweet one of Taweret"
Sat Taweret, meryt Sobek-RaHeqat, her Banebdjedet
Devoted to Hermes and Dionysos
Fedw Diviner and Self-Care Keeper for Taweret

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 02:31:31 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!

I love seeing all Sekhmet Forms and learn more about them. If you have any information/articles/websites about Taweret-Sekhmet I would be very excited to read more on her.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 02:35:21 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!

I hope you enjoy the upcoming beginners class!
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Online Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 02:46:53 pm »
Em hotep and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! <3

I know you! I've followed you on Tumblr for like, forever. You don't know me, though. Heheh. ^^;

I'm Tjemsy. My Parents are Sekhmet and Set, and Taweret is one of my Beloveds! I have not heard of Taweret-Sekhmet before, but my Sekhmet primarily manifests as "Lady of Slaughter" so that is interesting to me! I would be curious to hear how you experience her. <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Online Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:24:37 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 03:30:35 pm »
Em hotep!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Online Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 03:43:46 pm »
Em Hotep and welcome!  I follow you on tumblr. I hope you enjoy the beginners class!
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Amarantheia

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 04:01:03 pm »
Em hotep, Bear!

I remember you from a Discord server we were both in (KF) ;v;

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the beginner class~ ❤

Offline Bear

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 04:43:30 pm »
Thanks for the welcomes, y'all!

Em hotep and welcome!

I love seeing all Sekhmet Forms and learn more about them. If you have any information/articles/websites about Taweret-Sekhmet I would be very excited to read more on her.

She's not a historically-attested sync, to my knowledge. I met her through a friend who does monthly oracular work with Bast and Sekhmet. During one of those workings, I asked my friend for a "personal" oracle, and Sekhmet appeared to her as Taweret-Sekhmet to deliver the message. (And then "split out" to just Taweret and Sekhmet, and Taweret gave a message of Her own. <3)

Em hotep and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! <3

I know you! I've followed you on Tumblr for like, forever. You don't know me, though. Heheh. ^^;

I'm Tjemsy. My Parents are Sekhmet and Set, and Taweret is one of my Beloveds! I have not heard of Taweret-Sekhmet before, but my Sekhmet primarily manifests as "Lady of Slaughter" so that is interesting to me! I would be curious to hear how you experience her. <3

I experience Taweret-Sekhmet as... basically Taweret with all of Her protective motherly fury dialed up to 11. She's the hippopotamus turning the river crimson as she bites and dunks and thrashes apart the crocodile who threatens Her calf. She's the lioness scattering the pack of wild dogs circling Her cub. She feels hot and fierce and dangerous in a way that I can't begin to describe, but I have nothing to fear from her. I know She could splatter me like a mosquito with one careless flick of Her tail, shatter my bones with one great paw, but She never would.

She's a goddess Who delights in the blood and slaughter of those who threaten her own. She laughs through reddened tusks and booms and roars. Her feet shake the ground. Her tail swings like a club. She is violence incarnate... but Her heart is so full of love for her calves, her cubs. She will hold them and cradle them and cuddle them. She'll pet and nuzzle and kiss.

That's Taweret-Sekhmet.

Offline Sedjosrysekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 05:40:25 pm »
Em Hotep!

Im  a cub of Sekhmet-Hethert <3 It makes me very happy someone else refers to them as the baby form of the animal of their diety! I adore Taweret and am always happy to see more kids of her. ThoughI wish your post had come about 3 days earlier as myself and my bro Nysenu host a monthly chat on names of kemet for house members. We just hosted one on friday allll about Taweret!  That would have been an amazing sync to discuss! Anything you wish to share about her feel free to pm me and ill add to our database <3.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)  Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Djehuty her Bast-Mut

Official Bog mom.

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 06:04:23 pm »
Yay! So glad to see you here. I hope to read more about your experiences as time goes by :D
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret
Sau apprentice

Online Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 06:04:45 pm »
Em hotep and Welcome, Bear!

I hope you enjoy the beginner's class!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 07:26:13 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, Bear. :)

...so as  kid of Aset-Serquet, would that make me a larva? *giggles and runs away*
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Khenenwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:35 pm »
Welcome Bear!

I also have been following you over on tumblr for a few years now, so seeing your post about putting in an app for the beginner's class was cool. I hope that you have a good time in the beginner's class ^^ I also came here because I was lacking for a community/structure, and have found it a good place.

Now would a baby sha be called a pup or a kit? :D
Meset Set her Khonsu
Meryt Heru-wer, Amun, her Heru-sa-Aset
𓃪𓁳𓅅𓁩𓅃
In the fan club of Mut, Ptah-Sokar, Qebehet, Tefnut, Shu, and Heruakhety

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298671
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955