collapse collapse

* Donation Status

0%
Current donation status as of July 22, 2021 = $0 of $2,500 or 0%
Previous period: $2,681.09 of $2,500! 107%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Your First Senut  (Read 293 times)

Offline Amunraembia

• Shemsu
Your First Senut
« on: August 17, 2020, 06:34:59 am »
For those who have had a chance to perform their first Senut, I’d love to hear about your experience as far as you’re comfortable sharing.

I performed Senut for the first time this last Friday—I was both nervous and excited. Making the natron and going through that purification process actually made me feel ready for ritual. Really though, it’s hard for me to describe how I actually felt after the bath other than “different” and “lighter.”

With the actual ritual, I felt clumsy and awkward, but I felt that way the first few times I did ritual as a practicing polytheist too. I wasn’t sure what to say once I got to the personal time part, so I ended up spending maybe 5-10 minutes there. I’d either blabber on (that’s just how it felt haha) for a few minutes, or I’d sit quietly and just try to focus on Netjer.

Reverting the offering, eating it during that time I think, was the most memorable part of Senut besides how the natron bath made me feel. That almost felt like I was sitting at Their table in a way.

So that was my first Senut. I won’t be able to perform Senut again for about a week, but I’d like to try adding in a moment for the Akhu next time  :)
Sat Amun-Ra, Lord in the Heavens
Meryt Nekhbet-Raet, Lady of Life, and Ptah, Lord of Creation

Class of 57 | Named III Peret 26, RY 28
In the company of Nebetuu.

Offline Bahi

• Shemsu
Re: Your First Senut
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:11:40 pm »
My first time was very awkward and full of fumbles. I scrambled, I rambled, I apologised  :P
I'm a stickler for details, and that can get in the way of my experiences. I wasn't sure if I'd purified myself and my shrine items correctly, I didn't light my charcoal thoroughly enough so my incense didn't burn as long as I needed it to, I forgot to bring an offering (I grabbed some chocolate on the fly), and the whole thing left me pretty embarrassed.

The second and third days have gone much better. I agree that I do feel differently after the ritual bath, and that it's hard to describe.

I've offered Scotch and chocolate again after my intuition prompted both. I feel a general sense of peace rather than embarrassment, so that's nice! 😂
𓆋
Bahikwiensobek, son of Sobek
Beloved of Aset-Serqet, Amun-as-Banebdjedet, Wadjet, Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Mutiemweret

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:57:04 am »
I did my ritual "bath" in the shower. It felt a little clumsy and weird to dip my fingers in the bowl of natron and then poke them up my nose and ears. But after doing the orifice-washing, I straight-up poured the whole remaining bowl of water over my head and...

I just remember saying "Oh. That's what it feels like" out loud.

Maybe it was the fact that the water in the bowl was cool and my shower was hot, but letting the whole thing wash over me like that just felt... indescribable, frankly. And I really did feel Different on stepping out of the shower.
Mutiemweret - "my Mothers are great"

Sat Taweret her Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Sopdu-Heru her Bast-Mut
𓋹 𓋹 𓋹 𓋹

Offline bru.ferraz

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:03:21 pm »
I did my first Senut today. The ritual shower was fine, I usually shower before most of my rituals so it wasn't something "new", but I loved the ritual words for the water and natron. It felt so powerful charging the water/natron, better than the shower itself.

Before the ritual, I was in a awful mood, but as I lighted the incense/candle and said the prayers, it all changed. My mind was clearer and I felt a presence in the room. It's been a while since my last prayer, so it made all the difference for me. I messed up some parts, but in general was a really envolving and welcoming experience. Almost as if I was entering a cozy temple that invited me to talk. I offered coffee today, which is a surprisingly nice scent when mixed with incense. It was a really quick Senut and I'm looking foward to the next one.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3432
  • stats Total Posts: 302773
  • stats Total Topics: 20929
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 123
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal