collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 51
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings for Amun, Mut, and Khonsu  (Read 198 times)

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
Offerings for Amun, Mut, and Khonsu
« on: September 03, 2020, 06:05:48 am »
I’ve been looking up info on the Waset triad but I have no idea what to offer to them. What I know is Amun is the hidden one, Mut is associated with Kingship, and Khonsu is a moon god.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Khenenwy

• Shemsu
Re: Offerings for Amun, Mut, and Khonsu
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:03:42 pm »
There is a place on the kemet.org site that people have posted suggested offerings outside of the usual safe bread/water/beer. Their pages are a little lacking though, I've been meaning to add mine for a while but haven't gotten to it yet :) http://kemet.org/members/offerings

In my own experience, Amun likes decadent things: honey, caramel, dark chocolate, coffee, nicer wines, whiskey, and spiced sweet bread. For incense, He has enjoyed Egyptian musk, myrrh, and amber.

Mut likes most of the same things as Her Husband, but also fruit (cantaloupe and strawberry in particular come to mind), fruitier wine, and desserts with custard/whipped cream. For incense, in addition to the ones above, I have found She likes more refined/gentle florals like lotus as well as cinnamon.

Unsurprisingly I have the most for Khonsu ;D He has enjoyed coconut/coconut flavored things (mostly sweets, but Thai curries also liked), any kind of chocolate, white/green tea (especially sweetened and with milk), vanilla ice cream, white or pink/rose wine, gin, rice dishes, nuts (mostly cashew/almond), and salads with more "healthy" greens like spinach/dandelion/microgreens and carrot. Nondairy "ice cream" I have found to be a favorite, coconut milk or cashew milk seem to be liked better than oat milk though. He likes more refined flavors rather than strong tasting things if those aren't sparking anything. For incense He has liked myrrh, lotus, jasmine, and some rain/cool water scents.
Meset Set her Khonsu
Meryt Heru-wer, Amun, her Heru-sa-Aset
𓃪𓁳𓅅𓁩𓅃
In the fan club of Mut, Ptah-Sokar, Qebehet, Tefnut, Shu, and Heruakhety

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3250
  • stats Total Posts: 298329
  • stats Total Topics: 20448
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything