Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: My name is Sesbetisenu.  (Read 712 times)

Offline Sesbetisenu2

My name is Sesbetisenu.
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:53:40 pm »
Em Hotep!

Okay. Here goes nothing.

A very long time ago, probably around 2003, I was divined as a child of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Sekhmet-Hethert. I drifted away. Now, I hear my Parents calling me back. I'm hesitant, because I don't know how receptive the community will be to someone who abandoned the temple for so long in favor of other deities. I won't say it was a mistake, per se, because the journey was necessary to my spiritual growth. I am just unsure as to how to proceed now. I have forgotten so much, and my life is in shambles.

Dua Netjer!
Dua Wepwawet!
Dua Sekhmet!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:12:03 pm by Sesbetisenu2 »
Child of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Sekhmet-Hethert | Beloved of Bast

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: My name is Sesbetisenu.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 03:56:38 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back, Sesbetisenu!

Everyone’s journey is personal and many of us have taken time away to pursue other paths or just deal with life. There’s no shame in that. <3 I joined the temple back in 2010 and have spent periods of time away attempting to deal with life, delving into Wicca, etc. Somehow I’m always led back home in the end ;)

It’s good to meet you. Sekhmet is my first Beloved so She holds a very special place in my heart.

Senebty,

Tepta
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:10:31 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back!
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Online Iau

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:11:53 pm »
Welcome back!

I first came to the temple around 2016 or 2017 and had to duck out shortly after Wep Ronpet of 2017 due to real life stresses and just generally going through an intense fallow period. I just came back a couple of months ago myself. The absence perhaps wasn't as long as yours, but all this to say drifting in and out can be quite normal I think. Our life paths are all different, and that's a beautiful thing!
Iaunehehnydjehuty
Eternal Adoration of Djehuty | YOW-neh-HEH-nee-djeh-HOO-tee
Meset Djehuty Meryt Bes her Hethert-Sekhmet
My Art | Kemetic Blog
Discord Moderator

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:18 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back. :) As others have said, drifting away and returning is pretty common. <3
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 05:15:47 pm »
You are most welcome back! I'm the assistant webmaster, please let me know if you need any help with anything!

Tjesi
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 05:17:53 pm »
Em hotep Sesbetisenu and welcome home.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 05:56:57 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back, Sesbetisenu!

I'm glad Wepwawet and Sekhmet led you back home!

Senebty,
Neheh....
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 06:10:02 pm »
I understand that hesitancy, I was gone for 18 years. I've been back just over a year now and sometimes it feels like I never left. There is no judgment here, and a person's path can take them far and wide before they finally return home, I think we all realize that.

Welcome back!

~ Nesi
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬ - wepwawet.ca
sat Wepwawet-Yinepu,
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Fedw for my Father | HoN Class of 2001

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 06:34:39 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back Sebetisenu!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 06:48:48 pm »
Em hotep, Sekhmet sibling! I'm Tjemsy, good to meet you. I am glad you are here. <3

We get returning members, including those who have been gone for long periods, fairly regularly, including

- people who left for another path/other deities, and then came back when they found out that wasn't for them after all
- people who left for another path/other deities, came back, and continued to practice the other paths/work with the other deities
- people who left for another path/other deities, came back, and continued to practice only some of the other paths/work with only some of the other deities
- people who left for another path/other deities at Netjer's behest, came back, and may or may not continue to practice the other paths/work with the other deities
- people who left for another path/other deities and came back more than once, for any number of reasons

Whether or not people stop practicing Kemeticism entirely or just leave the House while continuing to work with Netjer during these times seems to vary, as well.

We also have a number of members who are multi-trad. Sometimes people were already pursuing other paths/working with other deities when they came to the House. Sometimes the other paths/other deities happened while they were already Kemetic/with the House, but they never left Kemeticism/the House. Sometimes people were already doing multiple things at the same time from the very beginning, and continue to do multiple things now.

What I'm meaning to say is, you're not alone, and these things happen. Netjer understands and wants what's best for us. Sometimes that does involve leaving and coming back, or doing multiple things while here. <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Sedjosrysekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 07:43:45 pm »
Em Hotep Sekhmet-Sibling! I'm so pleased to meet you! Welcome back !
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)  Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Djehuty her Bast-Mut

Official Bog mom.

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 07:49:08 pm »
Em hotep! It's lovely to meet you, Sesbetisenu. You are certainly welcome, or welcome back again! Like Zep Tepi, it sounds like a chance to renew.

How to proceed now? I'd make sure that your email address is current with the House so you get the nightly event announcement email. I also send out monthly newsletters to those addresses. You can read the current one here: https://www.netjer.org/forums/index.php?topic=24449.0

We still have IRC going, though official Duas are also simulcast in a special Discord channel. So if forums aren't your thing, but more conversational chat is—albeit religion centered—and you like a sense of community, you might like to consider the Official House of Netjer Discord server. You can find out how to join here: http://www.kemet.org/members/discord-info

I look forward to meeting you again online!

Senebty,
Shaseni

“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Heru-wer.
Fundraiser, Sema Ka (Newsletter and Calendar editor), Discord moderator.

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 08:31:18 pm »
Welcome back and nice to meet you!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Sesbetisenu2

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 08:57:18 pm »
I understand that hesitancy, I was gone for 18 years. I've been back just over a year now and sometimes it feels like I never left. There is no judgment here, and a person's path can take them far and wide before they finally return home, I think we all realize that.

Welcome back!

Wow, 18 years? That's about as long as I've been gone. I've just submitted an application to take the beginner's class again because I have forgotten so much. Do you think that's a good idea?
~ Nesi
Child of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Sekhmet-Hethert | Beloved of Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3253
  • stats Total Posts: 298449
  • stats Total Topics: 20457
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955