Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: As promised, Set Devotional Book Fundraiser!  (Read 846 times)

Offline Tatuayinepu

As promised, Set Devotional Book Fundraiser!
« on: August 02, 2020, 12:46:23 am »
Em hotep everyone!

Here's your chance to get a hardback copy of Herman te Velde's famous work Seth, God of Confusion!

Te Velde (1932-2019) originally wrote this influential study as his doctoral thesis, which he defended in 1967 at the University of Groningen, in the Netherlands. (He went on to become head of the Institute of Egyptology there.)

This book is a reprint of Mrs. G. E. van Baaren-Pape's translation to English—hardbound with a beautifully embossed cover (I have a copy!), and an impressive dust jacket (see image links below). It runs to 198 pages in five sections: "The name and the animal of Seth," "Seth, the enemy and friend of Horus," "Seth the murderer of Osiris," "Seth repelling Apo/pis," and "Seth the foreigner." There are extensive footnotes on each page, and a 16 page bibliography, six pages of which were updated in 2018. There are hieroglyphs, 16 illustrations and 19 black and white photographs. Also included is a new foreword by University of Birmingham Egyptologist Anne Landborg, who calls the book "a superb example of a monograph examining an individual god."

What does Hemet say?
"The best book about Set that exists. People are always looking for it as it has been very rare/hard to find." ~ Hemet

Who is this book for?

We think you'll be interested in this book if:
  • You or someone you know loves Set!
  • Set is in your line-up;
  • Someone you know has Set in their line-up and would love this book as a gift;
  • You want a reference work on Set;
  • You just love researching our gods!

We got a deal!

For a long time, this book was hard to get at a sensible price, despite being much cited in academic articles. But we've negotiated a deal so that (a) you can get a reasonably priced copy, and (b) the House of Netjer benefits from an included contribution!

How it works

At this time, we're taking preorders for order in the US only, including shipping costs, until approximately Sept 30th. We'll then place an order with the publisher. When we receive the books (allow a few weeks!), everyone that placed an order will receive it as soon as possible.

If you are not in the US, please register your interest here:  fundraisers@kemet.org.

How much will it cost?

US$39.00 (a portion of which will go to the House of Netjer) plus US$8.00 shipping to US addresses. The book will be shipping by Priority Mail and a tracking number will be sent to you when it is shipped.

How do I get my copy? What do I do now?

If you are in the US, please go to our Bookstore http://www.kemet.org/node/3606
You will be able to pay using PayPal or Zelle. The instructions for Zelle are included on the bookstore page.

Images
Dust jacket:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690394660060790805/738808885275525191/Te_Velde_dustjacket_front.JPG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690394660060790805/738808949934915664/Te_Velde_dustjacket_rear.JPG

Hardcover and bookmark:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690394660060790805/738809046441656370/Te_Velde_hardcoverbookmark.JPG

Contents page:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690394660060790805/738809106093178960/Te_Velde_contents_page.JPG

Senebty,

Tatuayinepu and the Fundraising Team
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:48:04 am by Tjesi »
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Tatuayinepu

Re: As promised, Set Devotional Book Fundraiser!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 06:30:17 pm »
Boosting as a reminder, the deadline for preorders is coming up. September 30 is the last day to get yours!

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Offline Tatuayinepu

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:02:18 pm »
Em hotep!

The time for preorders has expired as of September 30. We will now work on placing the order for the books with the publisher. Once we receive them, we'll begin shipping them. Everyone that placed a preorder will be notified when their book ships.

Tatuayinepu

Offline Tatuayinepu

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 09:33:48 pm »
We are presently waiting on the bulk book order to arrive. When it does, and we can begin shipping, each member will receive an email with tracking information as their book is shipped.

Stay tuned and thank you for your patience :)

Offline Tatuayinepu

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:12:14 am »
Em hotep all!

Books have arrived and shipments have begun. Watch your email for shipment notice with tracking. Thank you for participating in this fundraising drive and for your patience.

Senebty,

Tatuayinepu and the Fundraising Team

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298659
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything