Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 321 times)

Offline MaxAsher

Hey!
« on: October 15, 2020, 01:51:04 pm »
Hello!

I go by Asher or Max. Either is fine. I'm FTM and my name will ultimately be Maxwell Asher followed by my last name, of course. I only just started HRT, so a lot of the legal changes haven't taken place yet.

I'm 31, and re-exploring Kemetic Orthodoxy. I think I took part in your community years ago briefly when I was still going by female pronouns. During that time, I was relatively young, early twenties, I believe, and still very unsure of myself in many ways. I believe that, in recent years, I have gained a better grasp of who I am.

I have been looking into various types of religion including Norse Paganism, Hellenism, and Druidry, but for some reason I feel most called to Kemeticism. I was raised a very non-religious Jew, with an Atheist father, and an Agnostic mother. I was always the odd one in the family, stepping away from Jewish customs and the idea of not being religious. It's not that I don't identify as Jewish or have anything against Judaism (it's my primary ethnicity after all), but I feel not having a religion left a sort of hole in my being. I feel like my life has no structure, and that strict rules are needed. I tend to be a pretty terrible person honestly without rules, and I want to make myself better.

On the more spiritual side of things, I have always felt drawn to Ancient Egypt since I was a young child. In relatively recent years, starting in my late teens or maybe early adult years, I felt called by the names of Netjer. I would feel the presence of one of the names in various ways, but most notably, I would experience the particular Name of Netjer entering my body. It wasn't like one would expect, however. It's not at all like possession. It's much more like making themselves known. I would feel phantom limbs, like if Hethert were communicating, for example, I would feel the sun disk and the horns. It's a difficult thing to put into words, so I do apologize if I am not communicating this very well.

I did apply for the next Beginner's Course here, though I don't know if I got my application in a bit too late. I applied last night. I am local to the Chicago suburbs, and last I checked, that's where this religion is based physically. I won't dive in headfirst, of course, as that is never the way to go in any circumstance. Instead, I plan to learn and make my decision only then. Ultimately, if things mesh well, then I will look into becoming a Shemsu.

Hope that suffices as an introduction!

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:56:43 pm »
Em hotep and welcome (back) Max!

We do still own a building outside Chicago but no one has lived there for several years and it is on the market. There are some members around and we have an active community around Ohio and Indiana.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Senneferet

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 03:49:06 am »
Hello and welcome, Max! First off, I’d like to say congratulations on your transition. A close relative of mine has come out as FtM in their late 50s and I have never seen him so happy. It’s never too late to be who you are 💙

I’ve been floating around the forum with one account or another since 07 or 08. Every year I tell myself I will go for the beginners course but, you know, procrastination!

I also dipped into Norse and Hellenic polytheism. I find them both fascinating, and some of the deities even seemed to take an interest in me. Ultimately I was always meant to be with Netjer.

I’m sure you will find many friendly faces here and look forward to chatting with you

Senebty

Offline Setjezusenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 07:09:47 am »
Welcome! I hope you have a good experience here and that things go smoothly for you with signing up for the beginners class!
Child of Hethert-Sekhmet and Set, beloved of Heru-wer and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Amarantheia

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 05:19:13 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, Max! ♥

I hope you find what you're looking for here, and congratulations on your transition~~! c:

Offline MaxAsher

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 01:21:41 am »
Thank you all for the welcomes and congratulations on my transition! It's appreciated! Good to be here! <3

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 11:11:56 am »
welcome Maxwell! Hopefully you find what you are looking for here :)
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 12:15:01 am »
Welcome Max!
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 10:18:23 am »
Hello and Welcome!  I remember how I felt when I first found the House.  Exciting times are ahead for you!
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Beck88

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 10:26:13 am »
Welcome!

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 11:56:10 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 03:55:32 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260