Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Questions on tattoos and glyphs  (Read 206 times)

Offline Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
Questions on tattoos and glyphs
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:09:10 pm »
Em hotep all!

A few years ago before I even became kemetic or knew it was a thing, I got the idea to get the morning barque and evening barque tattooed on my wrists. My left wrist would have Mandjet, the morning boat. My right wrist would have Mesektet, the night boat. I have been feeling like getting this tattoo again a lot recently, and I have all the glyphs...almost.

In Mandjet, the glyphs I am using are G17-V26A-D36:N35:I10-G43-X1:P3. This all works fine except I cannot figure out what V26A is supposed to be. V26 I have found, and me and couple people helping me were wondering if V26A would just be the same glyph but vertical instead of horizontal. Does anyone have an answer to that? And if that is not the case, could there be bad heka or something from using V26 instead when its something as permanent as a tattoo?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 12:12:31 pm by Yinepumehuti »
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
Re: Questions on tattoos and glyphs
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
Em hotep,

I just took a quick look at a couple of my dictionaries and yes, it looks like your "V26a" is the vertical version of V26 (and/or V27.) And it does seem to be the way that glyph tends to appear in the spelling of mʾnḏ.t. But it does appear both ways (as it would do in order to best fit the space in which it appears.) I will PM you a screen cap of the entry for it from a modernized/digitized version of Faulkner's Concise Dictionary. Hopefully it will be of some help.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 12:56:54 pm by Bezenwepwy »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
Re: Questions on tattoos and glyphs
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 10:24:47 pm »
Thank you! That makes me feel much better about this! I didn't want to get them put on me, then learn that I had spelled one wrong! Still not sure when/if I will, but having everything planned makes me feel better and helps me make a decision. With glyphs settled, does anyone know anything about heka of tattoos? Would it be...taboo? to get these inked?
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3308
  • stats Total Posts: 299318
  • stats Total Topics: 20536
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything