Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Testing the Waters  (Read 534 times)

Offline mauvais

Testing the Waters
« on: November 02, 2020, 05:00:00 pm »
Hello! You can call me Mau if you'd like. Or not, it's up to you.

I'm very new to the world of Kemetism; in fact I've only known about it for a few days now. I've applied to the beginner's course, and I'm anxious to get started. I've never been religious in my life, and I actually used to be very anti-religion back when I was an edgy teenager. Reading about the Netjeru (forgive me if that's the wrong form of the word, still learning!) really tugged at something deep inside my being, however. I've never felt anything like it, and I want to learn more!

I've never experienced any signs or callings from the gods (at least from what I know), and that still puts me off a bit honestly. Is it normal to have never experienced any communication/sign from a divine being while being Kemetic? I want to try to initiate contact in the future, but I wonder if maybe I'm just not able to speak with them. Even if I'm unable, I still think I'd like to honor the Netjeru anyways (although talking with them is always preferable :D).

Thank you for reading my ramblings, I look forward to meeting you all and learning from you!

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Testing the Waters
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 05:24:01 pm »
Hello and welcome Mau!

No, it's not odd to not experience signs and communication, especially when you are starting out your journey with them. While there are many people who talk about such things here on the forums, there are many others who don't have it. I've been here in the temple for 16 years, and have just in the last few years started to receive the barest of inklings at times. I've been told by others that it is, in many ways, a skill that one can develop, but it is not necessary to have a relationship with Netjer. Most of my communication with the gods, for example, has been through other people here at the temple!

So, welcome (again), and I hope you find what you seek here!
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 06:06:41 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Beck88

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 08:11:54 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, mauvais!
I find television very educating. Every time someone turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. ~Groucho Marx

~Graduate of Zep Tepi Class 57~

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 08:33:42 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 09:15:26 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, Mau!

Enjoy your explorations!

Senebty,
Neheh....
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 01:42:18 am »
Em hotep and welcome
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Online Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 02:56:12 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 08:12:51 am »
Welcome!  I remember my early days with the House well.  It is a time of growth, learning, and excitement :)

As others have said, some of us need to get "clue x 4'd" before we find our way to the Gods, and some of us (sadly, not me) were wise enough to find our way to them all on our own.

It sounds like your are the kind of Seeker who did not need to be stunned and dragged to the temple doors :D

So, no, having a direct and obvious interaction with the Netjeru is not required.  Having said that, be open to future interactions.  Don't get locked into a 'i'm not the type who...' mindset, because you might find you miss the subtle cues.

On the flip side, avoid the pressure that people often put on themselves to have an obvious interaction.  I've seen people focus so much on getting the big whammies, that they miss all the quiet conversations and interaction - which leaves them feeling like the Gods don't TALK to then. :( 

My advice, as a Shemsut of over 10 years, is to just let things be and come as they will.  Sit quietly in shrine (formal or informal), and just be. 

And remember at all times that there is no 'one way' in our Faith.  Just as your interactions are different with different people, so, too, are the Gods interactions different with each of us.

Blessings and Best Wishes in your new journey,

Tahai
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 09:32:35 am »
Hello and welcome!
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline mauvais

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 03:53:16 pm »
Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes and advice! I'm so excited to be a part of such a kind and caring community <3

Offline Setjezusenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 07:02:49 pm »
Welcome! I hope you have a good experience with the beginner's class  :)

It's definitely fine to not have much or any communication from the Netjeru - a lot of people are like that! I'm not very good at hearing from them myself, though it does happen from time to time. It's different for everyone I think, and that's okay. I find thinking about them and talking to them still makes me feel better and I know they're listening even if I can't always hear them reply.

We're happy to have you here!
Child of Hethert-Sekhmet and Set, beloved of Heru-wer and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2020, 12:26:04 am »
Em hotep and welcome!

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline laurenb

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 12:35:15 pm »
Em hotep! Welcome Mau!

I don't have any direct "pings" from the Netjeru either. I sometimes think I'm missing the subtle signs, because, as someone said above, I've been so busy looking for the big things that the small ones escape me.

My advice is to just accept thing and know that if they wish to, the Netjeru will let you know they're there.

All the best!
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Bast

Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Sau Apprentice

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3308
  • stats Total Posts: 299318
  • stats Total Topics: 20536
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955