Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

53%
Current donation status as of April 14, 2021 = $2,027.16 of $2,500
(81%)
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Igniting the flame  (Read 1444 times)

Online Nesertem

Re: Igniting the flame
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 02:42:34 pm »
Welcome!

My main piece of advice to anyone who comes here is just to keep an open mind, and to share or contribute however you feel able or inspired, because a community is only bettered by the sharing of knowledge and experiences from a wide variety of people :)

~ Nesi

Thank you for the advice, Nesiwepwawet. :)
𓁣𓁴𓁟𓁐𓆙

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 02:56:52 pm »
Em hotep and welcome. :)
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 52 <-- this is correct now LOL

Offline Naruwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 01:56:53 am »
Em hotep and welcome!
Child of Nut and Sobek-Ra, Beloved of Nefertem!

(NAR-oo wee): "(the) Two Who Protect"

Offline Morgana1860

• Remetj
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 08:43:39 am »
Em Hotep and welcome my friend!

Online Nesertem

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 02:14:44 pm »
Thanks Morgana1860, Nix, and Asetmehheri! :)
𓁣𓁴𓁟𓁐𓆙

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 11:58:10 am »
Blessings and welcome. 

I would recommend you learn about and try to get to know Khonsu of the Knives as well.  One of the roles that Khonsu has taken on is that of a mind-healer (mental illnesses and such).

One thing I would like you to have a clear and unclouded knowledge of is this:

Our Gods will NEVER ask us to do anything that is against our own best interest, or is harmful to others.  They may (and do) push us into uncomfortable waters sometimes as They help us grow and develop, but never never never into harmful actions.  If you hear voices claiming to be any of our Netjer and telling you to do something against your own health, well-being, or safety - STOP.  Evaluate your mental state. Speak to your mental health team.

Blessings and Senebty,

Tahai

*Senebty means 'health', and is often used in equivalent to the English 'good bye'

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:00:48 pm by Tahai »
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Online Nesertem

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 01:49:05 pm »
Blessings and welcome. 

I would recommend you learn about and try to get to know Khonsu of the Knives as well.  One of the roles that Khonsu has taken on is that of a mind-healer (mental illnesses and such).

One thing I would like you to have a clear and unclouded knowledge of is this:

Our Gods will NEVER ask us to do anything that is against our own best interest, or is harmful to others.  They may (and do) push us into uncomfortable waters sometimes as They help us grow and develop, but never never never into harmful actions.  If you hear voices claiming to be any of our Netjer and telling you to do something against your own health, well-being, or safety - STOP.  Evaluate your mental state. Speak to your mental health team.

Blessings and Senebty,

Tahai

*Senebty means 'health', and is often used in equivalent to the English 'good bye'
Thank you, Tahai! I've been feeling a pull toward Khonsu lately, but I was wondering if he was the right deity for me.

The voices I hear tend to answer my thoughts or comment on my moods so if I'm thinking about Netjer they will attempt to respond in that way. But they also respond to mundane things as well so I'm just going to ignore any voices that I hear. I really prefer more subtle communication with the gods anyway. I love receiving messages that I can put together like a puzzle. I trust that if the gods really want to communicate with me, they're not limited to words and emotions.

I will keep in mind that Netjer will never force me into harmful actions because the voices don't exactly have my best interests at heart.
𓁣𓁴𓁟𓁐𓆙

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3400
  • stats Total Posts: 301368
  • stats Total Topics: 20751
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 121
  • stats Most Online: 955