Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Mafdet Experience?  (Read 553 times)

Offline Redietankhesi

Mafdet Experience?
« on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:06 am »
i know i have a habit and throwing threads like these up, but it just keeps happening!

i don't see much of Mafdet, and i would be curious of what anyone could tell me about Her from a worshipper's perspective. She's recently swept up into my life in all Her bushy-tailed mongoose glory, for what i can only presume will be some good old-fashioned slaughter of the "serpents" in my life as of current, and after what i've read of Her i just wanna know more!

thank you in advance to anyone who may have experience to share!
given ancient life.
call me rediankhesi or redi please!
𓇉
finding a way.

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Mafdet Experience?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 01:56:59 am »
Em hotep!

Mafdet was the first one to step up as one of my beloveds, and while I had an interest in Her to start out with, I had to learn about Her through experience after my RPD!  I'm actually interested in hearing about your experiences too, as I hadn't experienced mongoose. :)

I see Her often as a cheetah or serval-headed woman, occasionally in a more feral form.  She is silent but kind, like an assassin watching your back from the shadows.  She is old and primal, guardian and protector, steering one in the right direction to better serve Ma'at.  I have found Her more interested in traditional offerings, such as bread and water, and once had Her stare me down until I removed some trail mix from Her offering dish.

I hope others chime in!  I love Mafdet so much.
~Tawa'u
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:14:48 am »
I don't have Mafdet in my line-up, but i honor her in my home. For me she is cheetah or cheetah headed woman. She is similar to Wenut in how I seem to connect with her and depict her. Quiet, guardian, and one who enacts punishment in accordance with Ma'at.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Redietankhesi

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 08:10:29 pm »
thank you both for your input!

I'm actually interested in hearing about your experiences too, as I hadn't experienced mongoose. :)

I see Her often as a cheetah or serval-headed woman, occasionally in a more feral form.  She is silent but kind, like an assassin watching your back from the shadows.  She is old and primal, guardian and protector, steering one in the right direction to better serve Ma'at.  I have found Her more interested in traditional offerings, such as bread and water, and once had Her stare me down until I removed some trail mix from Her offering dish.

i'll be sure to note that, and let you know what i find of Her in that form! so far She feels very... "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed", to put it succinctly. cunning, at the ready, energy that hits in bursts. She swept in during a very recent dark moment, taking the snake of my emotions by the throat with tail raised and eyes gleaming. all very new to me, mind you, aha!

I don't have Mafdet in my line-up, but i honor her in my home. For me she is cheetah or cheetah headed woman. She is similar to Wenut in how I seem to connect with her and depict her. Quiet, guardian, and one who enacts punishment in accordance with Ma'at.

i can empathize with the Wenut comparison! similar feeling to me too. thank you!
given ancient life.
𓇉
finding a way.

Offline Taahahermafdet

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 11:06:48 am »
Mafdet kid reporting in - Rev. Tawa'u and I experience my Mama in super similar ways. She's always appeared to me in cheetah or cheetah headed female form - definitely super protective, quiet (She'll let you know when She's up for a convo though!), firm but kind, has the tendency to be super intense sometimes.  I've found that she also enjoys some Fireball now and again too. :)

Ta'aha
Oh Serpent! I am the flame which shineth upon the Opener of hundreds of thousands of years, and the standard of the god Tenpu, the standard of young plants and flowers. Depart ye from me, for I am the divine Mafdet.

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 03:48:46 pm »
I love Mafdet! She appears to me as a cheetah.
She is usually on my right-hand side. I find she protects me from external things.
(In contrast to Wadjet, on my left-hand side, who protects me from myself! ;D )
I occasionally cook her a blue steak as an offering.
“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Heru-wer.
Fundraiser, Sema Ka (Newsletter and Calendar editor), Discord moderator.

Offline Redietankhesi

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 04:15:51 pm »
Mafdet kid reporting in - Rev. Tawa'u and I experience my Mama in super similar ways. She's always appeared to me in cheetah or cheetah headed female form - definitely super protective, quiet (She'll let you know when She's up for a convo though!), firm but kind, has the tendency to be super intense sometimes.  I've found that she also enjoys some Fireball now and again too. :)

Ta'aha

I love Mafdet! She appears to me as a cheetah.
She is usually on my right-hand side. I find she protects me from external things.
(In contrast to Wadjet, on my left-hand side, who protects me from myself! ;D )
I occasionally cook her a blue steak as an offering.

so much cheetah! haha! noted!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:47:39 pm by Redietankhesi »
given ancient life.
𓇉
finding a way.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119