collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Are The Gods Powerful Enough To Protect?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline DLogician

• Remetj
Are The Gods Powerful Enough To Protect?
« on: December 14, 2020, 01:26:03 pm »
Em Hotep, i know my question may look out of place, but coming from a country that relies on spiritism in every affairs, i want to know from experienced members especially, if the Gods in KO can effectively protect me from all sorts of spiritual attack. Here, people go as far as India to acquire powers to harm or punish opponents in, business, politics or in the office. Can the Kemetic Gods protect their worshippers from other destructive Gods?

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Are The Gods Powerful Enough To Protect?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:07:17 am »
Em hotep Dlogician, *henu*

This is a very complicated question and it tends to fall under belief/experiences more so than a solid yes or no answer.

I personally believe my Gods can, and have, protected me from harmful things. How They've done it hasn't always been straightforward and sometimes those harmful things were things *I* was causing myself. I think They do what They can for us, and things like heka, rites, and prayer draw Their attention to those areas where we are struggling and need help.
Our Gods aren't omniscient - They don't see or know everything, but bringing Them in on the issues we're having helps.

Good relationships with Akhu, our blessed dead, certainly helps as well! Because the Netjeru are not and never were human there are some very human things They find puzzling. I know personally that my Akhu are extremely helpful in these areas, particularly because they have passed beyond the mortal coil and are both knowledgeable of and beyond my concerns. Whenever things are going roughly for me, a nice conversation with them tends to get me going again.

Hopefully that helped,
Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
Re: Are The Gods Powerful Enough To Protect?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:08:58 pm »
Em hotep, Dlogician! I will tell you a little of my own experience, though I do not pretend it is applicable to you or anyone else, and you may or may not find it relevant or useful.

In my long life, I feel fortunate to have had close relationships with very many pagan and non-pagan deities from around the world. And in that time, I have found that none of them are all-knowing or all-powerful, despite what their followers may say! And for more than 40 of those years, I have taken an active interest and practice in healing and protection. Perhaps because of that, power has been important to me, and I have found none more powerful than Netjer and the Netjeru—by a long way—at least in my own life.

After my RPD, my divine Parents—Nit and Set—gave me my new name. It means “Two tread on my enemies”, perhaps in recognition of this. I have certainly found them strong, protective, and loving. But this doesn’t mean there’s nothing for me to do! Part of Netjer’s protection has been protecting me from myself, from less-than-positive habits of thought, speech, and action, and that has meant I have had to change too and learn new things. Plus there is plenty for me to learn from ancient Kemetic tradition and practice, and some of this is discoverable through research.

So I understand your question and how important it is for you. I don’t think the Netjeru are just interested in recruiting! I think they genuinely care about their followers. Perhaps it is worth getting to know one or two of them better and seeing how that relationship develops. I know what works for me, but in the end I think you have to find out what works for you.
“SHOSS-en-ee”—"Tread on my enemies!"
Child of Nit-Nebthet-Seshat and Set.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Heru-wer.
Fundraiser, Sema Ka (Newsletter and Calendar editor), Discord moderator.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304030
  • stats Total Topics: 21099
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal