collapse collapse

* Donation Status

Current donation status as of May 10, 2021 = $1,243.27 of $2,500
50%

Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The Pharaohs Golden Parade  (Read 418 times)

Offline HeryHeru

• Shemsu
The Pharaohs Golden Parade
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:45:54 pm »
Em Hotep

I need to comment on the importance of today!
The Pharaohs Golden Parade was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. We from the Brazilian Community watched and commented together and it was a widespread emotion.

Did anyone else watch?  What comments do you have about the event?

The only thing I need most of this moment is the lyrics of the songs used in the event.

Senebty
𓅃𓁷𓂋𓏭𓇯𓀀
Sa Heru-Wer, Meri Aset-Serqet her Set

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: The Pharaohs Golden Parade
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 07:58:39 pm »
I watched it today and was blessed to have some others from our community watching at the same time so we were discussing it and commenting on it together as well! Such big vibes, such a big, beautiful display of pageantry and love for Egypt and its histories.

Dua to the Akhu, the Pharoahs of the Golden Parade.

Dua Netjer!

• List of 20 Royal Mummies to be on display, from oldest to youngest: Seqenenre TaaII, Ahmose Nefertari, Amenhotep I, Thutmose I, Thutmose II, Hatshepsut, Thutmose III, Amenhotep II, Thutmose IV, Amenhotep III, Seti I, Ramses II, Merenptah, Seti II, Siptah, Ramses III, Ramses IV, Ramses V, Ramses VI and Ramses IX.
  • 2 more Royal Mummies were transported but will not be on display: Queen Meritamun and Queen T
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬ - wepwawet.ca
sat Wepwawet, meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Discord Mod (join via Kemet.org) | Forum Mod
Fedw for my Father | HoN Class of 2001

Offline Sobekherkhepeshef

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 10:30:21 pm »
As described in an article I'll link below, the lyrics of the choir that accompanied the orchestra were, "taken from the epic “Book of the Dead” texts, several hymns dedicated to Goddess Isis, and Pyramids texts, in addition, they were vocalized in the Ancient Egyptian language."

https://see.news/pharaohs-golden-parade-symphony

The song that was sung just prior to the procession was by Mohamed Mounir, and a couple sources claim it's called "I Am Egypt" in English.

Unfortunately I don't have actual lyrics on hand as of yet! I also don't know the songs that were sung by Reham Abd Elhakim, Nesma Mahgoub, and Amira Selim. But I'm gonna keep looking, because the music really helped make this a magical experience.

I was lucky to watch along with others in the House Discord 😊

Edit: Reading an Egyptian article that says two of the songs sung by the women were called, "Egypt Doesn't Sleep," and "The Story of the People." Take this with a grain of salt though, as these are Google Translate's interpretation of the Arabic.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:43:13 pm by OnTheRiver »
𓆋
Darian, son of Sobek
Beloved of Aset-Serqet, Amun-as-Banebdjedet, Wadjet, Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Sawkheperka

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 12:15:59 am »
Que coisa mais linda queria que tivesse todos os festivais assim, por todo o ano.
Esse evento nos mostro como seria lindo e poderoso fazer qualquer festival em pulico.

Senebty

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 12:30:19 am »
This was so beautiful!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed. Temple Board Member

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 12:40:15 pm »
As described in an article I'll link below, the lyrics of the choir that accompanied the orchestra were, "taken from the epic “Book of the Dead” texts, several hymns dedicated to Goddess Isis, and Pyramids texts, in addition, they were vocalized in the Ancient Egyptian language."

https://see.news/pharaohs-golden-parade-symphony

The song that was sung just prior to the procession was by Mohamed Mounir, and a couple sources claim it's called "I Am Egypt" in English.

Unfortunately I don't have actual lyrics on hand as of yet! I also don't know the songs that were sung by Reham Abd Elhakim, Nesma Mahgoub, and Amira Selim. But I'm gonna keep looking, because the music really helped make this a magical experience.

I was lucky to watch along with others in the House Discord 😊

Edit: Reading an Egyptian article that says two of the songs sung by the women were called, "Egypt Doesn't Sleep," and "The Story of the People." Take this with a grain of salt though, as these are Google Translate's interpretation of the Arabic.

Here is the Goddess Isis hymn with transliteration and translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmP-y2_jNw
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 01:19:40 pm »
Here is an image I picked up off my social timeline with all the Pharaoh names from the Golden Parade

~ Nesi
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬ - wepwawet.ca
sat Wepwawet, meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Discord Mod (join via Kemet.org) | Forum Mod
Fedw for my Father | HoN Class of 2001

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3410
  • stats Total Posts: 301733
  • stats Total Topics: 20800
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955