collapse collapse

* Donation Status

0%
Current donation status as of February 22, 2021 = $0.00 of $2,500
Final Donations for the period ending February 21st 2021 = $2,314.76 of $2,500 (93%) $185.24 of Rollover Fund used.
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: She is cozy on my couch  (Read 426 times)

Offline Mimi

She is cozy on my couch
« on: February 01, 2021, 09:44:42 am »
Dear all,

I am very new around here, I hope I managed to find the right place to ask my question.

I would highly appreciate any input, brainstorming, idea <3

The story goes like this:

A weekend ago, my friends visited me and had a sleepover. One of my dearest hold a Senut ritual (again, congratulations to your RPD Hethertshema'anefer/Sári <3)
Since than, there is a very warm presence in my apartment. I thought it’s just good vibes from the good times we had.

And than:

Two nights ago, out of blue, Honeycrumb candy (toffee sponge) recipe comes at my face.
I do not love it, but I felt inclined to do it.
I tried it, tastes okay, left it there.
Days go by, it’s 3am, made more, and more, staring at the result, packing it on the table, still doesn’t feel like eating any.
I woke up next morning, look at the table stacked with candy and here goes a voice “someone is very happy for that offering”.

And it clicked. It does feel like an offering.
And once it clicked I started to feel funny about how I made up my couch all cozy and warm with pillows. Not for myself, and here goes the voice again “It’s nice, I like it, I will chill here”.

Does this make any sense? I thought it might be a Goddess (or a God with lots of feminine energy).

Here are my following instincts on what she/he likes:
-Honey and sweets
-Water
-Labradorite
-Daylight (this one is questionable, maybe early morning, something like that).

I went on to read about all the gods and goddesses but somehow I can’t seem to figure it out.

Does anyone can think of someone? Has any similar experience maybe? I really do feel like it’s a Goddess who just happened to visit for a while.

On the side note: since Shema’a and I were joking about Set, Set is also chilling around here, my head is filled with him and he invites himself in my thoughts in totally random circumstances.
But for some reason his presence (if we can call it that) has a very laid back, low-key smirking, eating popcorn and “I’m just gonna chill here and watch this” type of vibe which is totally the opposite of what I would’ve expected.

I am confused. Can anyone kindly offer me some help and thoughts please?

Much love <3
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:48:31 am by Mimi »

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: She is cozy on my couch
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:24:11 am »
This all sounds like a lovely experience!

The goddess vibes you listed make me think of a cat. Cozy place to sit, plenty of yummies, and shinies.
But your experiences may vary and the journey of experiencing these is wonderful!
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 01:38:17 pm »
Welcome, Mimi! :)
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 52 <-- this is correct now LOL

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 01:51:39 pm »
Em hotep, Mimi! Lovely to see you here. ^_^

That could be any of a number of deities, but it does make me think of Bast. (I may be just a little bit biased, though! :D )  The labradorite in particular was what made me think of Her--She seems to be particularly fond of it.

And your experience of Set is pretty similar to how I experience him, although of course he also appears in other ways to other people.

I hope this helps!

Senebty,

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Mimi

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:29:34 pm »
Thank you so much! <3

Having Bast around would explain why I keep knocking things accidentally, than jump scare when it hits the grounds.  ;D

On a more serious note, I keep reading about her and more than one source mentions protection and healing. Is that correct?

I was praying for healing not that long before “the weekend”, because I just had a surgery at the beginning of this year, and have a horrible surgical scar on my cheek now.

I was also thinking maybe I should not focus on a specific aspect/names of the Netjer just yet, as I am at the VERY beginning of this journey. Any thoughts on this?

Sorry if I come across a bit chaotic, that’s the way my mind works. >.> * trying to organise *

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 10:05:51 pm »
Em hotep and welcome,

It could be Bast or it could be someOne else. Hethert comes to mind because there is huge overlap. Maybe try another offering to a specific Name and see what happens.

You’re not required to focus on Netjer as a whole until the beginners class. Many go in with pre-existing relationships. And since you have Netjeru chilling at your place, it might be worthwhile getting to know Them.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 10:36:58 pm »
Welcome!

I definitely thought Hethert from your description, for what it's worth.

On a more serious note, I keep reading about her and more than one source mentions protection and healing. Is that correct?

I think it's pretty accurate to say that basically all Netjeru are associated with protection and healing. So unfortunately that might not be the best way to narrow it down. :)

I was also thinking maybe I should not focus on a specific aspect/names of the Netjer just yet, as I am at the VERY beginning of this journey. Any thoughts on this?

I actually think the opposite! I think focusing on one or two Netjeru is often a good way to start out.

Once you're in the KO Beginner's Class, it is suggested that you put aside your current relationships and focus on Netjer as a whole for a while, but it's not required. But before the class begins, I would approach a Name or two, just to see how it goes.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Mimi

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 01:18:21 pm »
Thanks for the input, it makes lots of sense! <3

And thanks for the advice as well, I will definitely make some offerings and try to get closer to them until I start the course. It’s all so very exiting!

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 07:23:32 pm »
I only thought of this after you replied but you could try divination from a friend or acquaintance or Temple member. I don’t think doing it for yourself this time is a good idea as  you will only get what your subconscious thinks is the answer.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:15:34 am by Demaimuti »
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Mimi

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 10:28:32 pm »
We already tried it with Shema’a, but the answer did not help much, so I shall try another way. (I also tried to read for myself, that caused even more confusion - it always does, though, even after years and years of trying to read for myself   :P)
Unfortunately I cannot open that link, probably I don’t have enough rights.
I am super new around here, super super very new, so new I would not even dare to ask anyone else to do this for me.
Any other way I can try to find out myself?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3349
  • stats Total Posts: 300657
  • stats Total Topics: 20682
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955