collapse collapse

* Donation Status

53%
Current donation status as of April 14, 2021 = $2,027.16 of $2,500
(81%)
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Netjeru associated with the West?  (Read 216 times)

Offline Kallirrhoe

Netjeru associated with the West?
« on: April 05, 2021, 11:19:39 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm going to properly introduce myself soon, I promise! I was hit by this question and wanted to post it in here before I forget!

As far as I'm aware most Netjeru have at least some connection with the afterlife. What I am curious about is: for which of Them do we have an explicit connection with the West (for example, in epithets)? Besides the most famous ones, like Wesir, Yinepu, Hethert, Meretseger, and (I imagine) Sokar? Thanks in advance! :)

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: Netjeru associated with the West?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:37:54 pm »
There is Aset Amenti (Amentet); Nebet Het, Mistress of Amenti; Hethert Amenti; Nut Amenti (I think? She is the Lady of the Sycamore too); Mut, Lady of the Underworld. 

Those are off the top of my head. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:36:18 am »
There is Hedj-wer of who is associated with the protection of royal akhu. A little more specific, but thought I'd bring Him up!
Bast-Mut's Soldier
www.BastMut.org
Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset,
her Djehuty-Hedjwer

Offline Amunraembia

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 06:02:38 am »
Em hotep 🤗

Nebthet is explicitly associated with the West as I believe She is even referred to as “Hethert in Amenti.” She eases the pain of mourning, Her hair is said to be of mummy linen strips, and She guides the Akhu.

Nut is also explicitly associated with the West as those who have passed join Nut in Her belly as Akhu.

Honestly.... just about every deity has associations with Amenti. Amun has epithets referring to Him carrying out the secrets of the Duat. Djehuty and Geb and Others are present at judgment, and Djehuty holds all the knowledge of the Duat. Khnum has epithets relating Him to the Duat, etc.

Is there a specific role you’re looking for in Netjeru associated with the West?

Senebty,
Embia
Sat Amun-Ra, Lord in the Heavens
Meryt Nekhbet-Raet, Lady of Life, and Ptah, Lord of Creation

Class of 57

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 07:19:02 am »
*vibrates at Hethert-Amenti mentions*

Like Amunraembia says, most Netjeru are going to have this kind of connection, either really obviously, or in passing. Wepwawet for example is "Lord of the West", "Lord of the Duat", and "He Who Opens the Beautiful Way in the West" (the latter specifically as Wepwawet of Lower Egypt).

It's just kind of a big deal sort of place, so, the Gods get linked to it in big or small ways very easily. Pick a God and I'm sure we can shoehorn them in there somehow :P

~Isha
Isha (they) | Selene (she)
𓇼

Offline Kallirrhoe

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 10:04:51 am »
Thanks everyone! <3

Em hotep 🤗

Nebthet is explicitly associated with the West as I believe She is even referred to as “Hethert in Amenti.” She eases the pain of mourning, Her hair is said to be of mummy linen strips, and She guides the Akhu.

Nut is also explicitly associated with the West as those who have passed join Nut in Her belly as Akhu.

Honestly.... just about every deity has associations with Amenti. Amun has epithets referring to Him carrying out the secrets of the Duat. Djehuty and Geb and Others are present at judgment, and Djehuty holds all the knowledge of the Duat. Khnum has epithets relating Him to the Duat, etc.

Is there a specific role you’re looking for in Netjeru associated with the West?

Senebty,
Embia

*vibrates at Hethert-Amenti mentions*

Like Amunraembia says, most Netjeru are going to have this kind of connection, either really obviously, or in passing. Wepwawet for example is "Lord of the West", "Lord of the Duat", and "He Who Opens the Beautiful Way in the West" (the latter specifically as Wepwawet of Lower Egypt).

It's just kind of a big deal sort of place, so, the Gods get linked to it in big or small ways very easily. Pick a God and I'm sure we can shoehorn them in there somehow :P

~Isha

That's what I figured ;) I don't know if I have any specific role in mind but I was thinking about Netjeru with epithets that link Them explictly with the West, like Foremost of the Westerners or Lord of the West as Isha mentioned.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3404
  • stats Total Posts: 301371
  • stats Total Topics: 20751
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 121
  • stats Most Online: 955