collapse collapse

* Donation Status

Current donation status as of May 10, 2021 = $1,243.27 of $2,500
50%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Aset in RPD  (Read 340 times)

Offline Kallirrhoe

Aset in RPD
« on: April 11, 2021, 02:16:32 pm »
Hello  :D I was reading old topics about the RPD and from what I gathered, there are Netjeru that always appear together, like Hethert/Sekhmet, Yinepu/Wepwawet and Nit/Nebthet/Seshat.

I've also seen a lot of people who have Aset-Serqet as Mother or Beloved but sometimes it's just Aset. I've heard that in KO Aset and Serqet are seen as aspects of each other, just like the other examples I've mentioned (Nit/Nebthet/Seshat is a complete mystery to me because I've never heard of Seshat being connected to Nit or Nebthet before!)

In short: does Aset always appear in RPD as Aset-Serqet and some people just drop the second name in their signatures for simplicity, or can She appear as Aset, no Serqet in sight?

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Aset in RPD
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 03:20:07 pm »
Em hotep!

Aset is an aspected God in KO, so, always Aset-Serqet, yes. Even when she is syncretised with someone else, or appearing as someone else, it's my understanding that the aspect is still there, just not written, for simplicity.

An example of this from another aspect would be Hethert-Mut. She is Hethert-(Sekhmet)-Mut.

But some people drop aspectings from their signatures as they feel is appropriate to their relationships, so that is why you may be seeing that. I do it in mine for some of them, for example (though I removed my signature recently, whoops, so for the record the relevant ones are Wepwawet, Serqet, and Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, and that is how I style them).

Some of the aspectings have closer relationships than others. Hethert and Sekhmet have a strong historical link. Aset and Serqet as I understand it, have a less strong, but still present link. Nit, Nebthet, and Seshat, as well as Wepwawet and Yinepu, have links, but they are not the same as present with say, Hethert and Sekhmet. I've read Hemet's booklet on the three ladies and honestly, to me they sound like women who borrow each other's outfits because they wear the same size, not aspects of each other, but I know others may experience them differently or have a different opinion on this. Wepwawet and Yinepu, in comments off-site (not sure about on the forums), it has been specified by Hemet that they are not the same God, that the RPD aspecting is a hint that the second God is potentially of interest and meaning to the person who got the RPD result.

For me, Yinepu isn't in my life really. I feel like he exists, but I feel like it would be a lie to say he is my parent, even as an aspect, so I don't. Similarly, I work with Aset, but I haven't (yet) experienced her as a Beloved, so I don't name her. Nebthet introduced me to Nit, and is still around and we are close, and Seshat for me is a quiet but constant presence like Ra-Heruakhty (another of my Beloveds) is. So I name all three of them.

~mostly Isha
Isha (they) | Selene (she)
𓇼

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 06:59:32 pm »
Aset-Serqet is how She shows up in RPD.  I put Aset only since I really don't get much of Serqet. 

I have had experiences with Aset-Nut, Aset-Hethert, Aset-Serqet, Aset-Nebet Het and Aset Amenti.  My practice is heavily Aset focused. 

In my RPD, I got Aset-Serqet and Hemet said that the aspect of Aset I was closest to was Aset Amenti. 

My Beloved of Nebet Het-Nit-Seshat is an aspected deity in Kemetic Orthodoxy.  Seshat is connected to Nebet Het through a few hymns and inscriptions from ancient Egypt. 

There is Hemet's booklet: Nebt-Het: Lady of the House which discusses this more. 

I also have two books on Nebet Het (Greek: Nephthys).  One of them talks about this a little bit.  Lady of the Temple: Ancient Hymns for Nephthys. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 09:09:45 pm »
The that I understood is that Aset always come as Aset-Serqet, since Serqet is an aspect of Her in whatever way She appears, so people can choose if they want to call Her Aset-Serqet or only Aset.
She can come as Aset-Serqet-as/in Her name of-[something], either another nome (such as Hatmehyt) or as an important role/title She takes (such as Amenti and Weret-Hekau). Or even, She can come only as Aset-Serqet and through your lifetime She shows Herself as an especific aspect/title.

On Nit-Nebthet-Seshat is a whole sotyr it could be written a book about it. Wait... there is one! lol
Hemet (AUS) has a book on Nebt-het that She goes through Her relationship with Nit and Seshat and the three of Them are constantly related in many hymns, scenes and even festival dates.
I highly recommend TahekerutAset's book, I don't have that one she talked about, but all the others I have are amazingly great!
Hepetwi
Aset embraces me
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
l Sau apprentice l

https://asethepetwi.home.blog/

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 10:35:38 pm »

I highly recommend TahekerutAset's book, I don't have that one she talked about, but all the others I have are amazingly great!

Thank you! 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3410
  • stats Total Posts: 301721
  • stats Total Topics: 20794
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything