collapse collapse

* Donation Status

Current donation status as of May 10, 2021 = $1,243.27 of $2,500
50%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: New here.  (Read 465 times)

Offline Qenebty

• Shemsu
Re: New here.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 10:14:34 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Cait!

I hope you enjoy being here, and find what you are looking for. Like many others have mentioned, I have personally found both human family and divine family here. ❤

Senebty,
Qenebty
Djehutyemqenebty (Qenebty): "Djehuty is the Judge"

Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Hethert-Mut, Ptah, and Khonsu

My blog: https://starrywheel.com | My art: @brookekellycreations (Instagram)

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 10:17:51 am »
Welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for, whether here or elsewhere.

As for Bast-Mut and Bast... that's a total yesno! Bast-Mut is Bast as Queen. They are both Bast, but at the same time They are totally different.

Bast-Mut is regal in all that she does. She still has the playful side of Bast, and enjoys watching Her kittens play, but She is not in the middle of the pile luxuriating in the play, She is a slight step removed.

Bast is a protector, a slayer of evil (look at Her sharp claws and ferocious hunting capability). Bast-Mut is more likely to strategize, organize, and send out the troops to do the deeds. That is not to say Bast-Mut can't get Her claws dirty, cause She can and does...

All of the above (and so much more) is my way of saying yes, Bast and Bast-Mut are the same deity, and no, they are quite different, all at the same time! You may have heard of the term polyvalent? It means that two (or more) different truths at the same time are both right. This is a huge part of thinking like a Kemetic. Another example is our creation myths, where we have very different stories about the creation of the world and Gods and humans, and they are all true!

Ok, that was probably more than you wanted, but, again, welcome!
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2021, 02:30:00 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 03:38:49 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline CaitSith

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 08:03:39 am »
Wow! You're a truly welcoming community! 💜

Beck88 ― Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!

Senuwierneheh ― Thank you! 💜

Zuzana 25 ―  I hope you're having fun!

Qenebty ―  Thank you! Each positive testimonial is really reaffirming my faith in my decision to take this course!

Padjaiemweru ― First of all... Wow! Thank you for your warm and detailed welcome! I have indeed heard of polyvalence, that most accursed of logic forms! I think that I understand what you're saying ― and though I can't say that I've ever experienced deity personally, I can definitely say that my "mental image" of Bast lines up quite well with what you're telling me of Bast-Mut. All this to say that I'm going to really enjoy diving into all of the (Unebenbastmut tells me they're called) synchs that you use here. Again, thank you so much for this long and unexpected reply about Bast-Mut! 💜

Rev. Shezatwepwawet ― Thank you!

Khesretitui ― Thank you!
What greater gift than the love of a cat?
― Charles Dickens

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3410
  • stats Total Posts: 301720
  • stats Total Topics: 20794
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything