collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of June 14, 2021 = $1,847.64 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Nefertem advice  (Read 349 times)

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Nefertem advice
« on: May 29, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »
Em hotep everyone,

Recently Nefertem has been appearing more to me and requesting offerings, and I am interested in getting to know him better! I wanted to ask anyone who works with him what kind of offerings he seems to enjoy, and I'm also really curious to know the roles he plays in other members practices (be it as a Parent or a Beloved?)

Thank you!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Nefertem advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:27:05 pm »
I adore Nefertem!
I first got to know him when I worked at Teavana, a loose leaf tea company. I was surrounded by wonderful aromas, drank tea made from flowers and fruits, and ended up bringing the vibes home with me. It found him very healing, calm, gentle. Over the years he has deepened a bit and  has an edge of fierce, protective energy.

I offer him anything with a floral aroma. Teas and fruits work well too. He also likes essential oils. 
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 07:00:59 pm »
I adore Nefertem!
I first got to know him when I worked at Teavana, a loose leaf tea company. I was surrounded by wonderful aromas, drank tea made from flowers and fruits, and ended up bringing the vibes home with me. It found him very healing, calm, gentle. Over the years he has deepened a bit and  has an edge of fierce, protective energy.

I offer him anything with a floral aroma. Teas and fruits work well too. He also likes essential oils.

Ahhh this is amazing thank you!! It's so funny you say that because I actually have an interest in teas (originating from a tea ceremony) and I was already considering that something he would like, I'm glad to see I'm on the right track!! I do herbal infusions and such to help with menstrual cramps and other general health stuff so I think that's something up his alley too. Essential oils were also on my mind!!

Thank you Reverend!!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Naruwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 09:00:48 am »
Em hotep! Nefertem is absolutely wonderful! I'm not sure how much I can help since I primarily get the warrior aspect of Him as opposed to the lotus/perfume and healer side. But! As Rev. Ma'atnofret has said, teas are a great offering for Him.

I personally offer Him honey (made from wild flowers with oranges), incense and candles (there are few makers on Etsy that have things for Him!), meditation. I watch the sunrise with Him, watching the stars slowly fade out as the day begins.

For me, He is very prominent in my life as my Beloved, a very protective Name since His warrior aspect is a border protector. Elusive and silent at times, but always watching for any threats. A warrior at rest, never lazing, ready to strike at a moments notice. A lion patrolling its territory, looking out for the rest of its pride. Of course, this is how I see Him, you may experience Him differently. I hope this helps in some way!
Child of Nut-Menhyt and Sobek-Ra, Beloved of Nefertem!

Devoted to Hel, Follower of the Mountain Spirit, Champion of Ue

Offline Benerwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 12:03:12 pm »
Em hotep!

Totally echoing Rev. Ma'atnofret and Naruwy - Nefertem has been nothing but loving towards me, He's great!

I first 'met' Him as I was preparing for Senut. He requested I light a candle for Him and we sat together, and we have ever since. This was also around the time I learned about the ritual purity required for incense, so I bought some Lotus Morning Star and developed quite a love for it. Since then He has brought quite a windfall of incense into my life, and requested that I sit with Him to really try and tell the scent notes apart - a sort of meditation, I suppose? Sitting together and 'being present in the moment' is a big thing for us.
I also feel close to Him when focusing on putting myself first and doing all the little 'self care' bits and pieces. I feel great afterwards, renewed confidence, and His pride in me!

I very much get his 'healer' side. He is stillness and softness, kind and wise, the reeds gently swaying in the breeze, a warm embrace. Though He is firm when needs be - He is the Son of Sekhmet, after all! I like to offer Him pastel-coloured candles, incense of all kinds (and a little time to fully appreciate their scent), and fresh flowers. I have a small selection of room sprays that are His, a fruity perfume I wear on special occasions and a blood-orange solid perfume I wear more often. All my self-care is devoted to Him. I gather that floral teas are popular for Him, but all the fancy green and floral teas in my home are poured for Djehuty!

I hope this helps, I'm always down to chat about my Beautiful Father  ;D

Senebty~
Benerwy
-Benerwymerutsenu-
"How sweet is the love of two"

Daughter of Sekhmet-Hethert and Nefertem
Beloved of Ra and Djehuty

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3423
  • stats Total Posts: 302216
  • stats Total Topics: 20862
  • stats Total Categories: 8