collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Who is the Smiter?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: Who is the Smiter?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 12:13:26 pm »
Em hotep!

Medjet (mDt)
The Smiter or The Surfire One is a (possibly) similar to a sheet-ghost look like Netjeri/Demon/Creature from the Duat. The images we associate to Medjet may not be of Them since their name is usually not written with the images.
Medjet is mentioned on spell 17 of the Book of the Dead as the one "who shines with his eye without being seen, who circles the sky with the flame of his mouth and predicts the inundation when it is not yet seen".
It is mostly a protective spirit who is good at predicting how the inundation will go.

Senebty,
Hepetwi.
Hepetwi
Aset embraces me
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
l Sau apprentice l

https://asethepetwi.home.blog/

Offline Tutankhamen

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 12:57:39 pm »
Em hotep!

Medjet (mDt)
The Smiter or The Surfire One is a (possibly) similar to a sheet-ghost look like Netjeri/Demon/Creature from the Duat. The images we associate to Medjet may not be of Them since their name is usually not written with the images.
Medjet is mentioned on spell 17 of the Book of the Dead as the one "who shines with his eye without being seen, who circles the sky with the flame of his mouth and predicts the inundation when it is not yet seen".
It is mostly a protective spirit who is good at predicting how the inundation will go.

Senebty,
Hepetwi.
Why would video game characters look like the Smiter? I don't think developers would care about the book of the dead, but I do.

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:42:25 pm »
I think in this case it is purely a coincidence. All the characters in Among Us have that shape, just different colors, so it’s not surprising that if they use a bunch of colors, one of them would be white, and there for look like Medjed. It’s a fun thing to find similarities! But there is almost definitely no real connection here. Just a fun coincidence!  :)
Meset Yinepu 𓉈
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hathor-Nut, Bast-Mut, Mafdet, her Shezmu
Fedw Diviner - Fundraising team volunteer - taswau@kemet.org

Most things in life can be fixed, except for death; and even that isn’t impossible…

Offline Tutankhamen

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 01:44:27 pm »
I think in this case it is purely a coincidence. All the characters in Among Us have that shape, just different colors, so it’s not surprising that if they use a bunch of colors, one of them would be white, and there for look like Medjed. It’s a fun thing to find similarities! But there is almost definitely no real connection here. Just a fun coincidence!  :)
Thanks! I was thinking there was a coincidence.

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 04:22:32 pm »
I agree with Taswauyinepu! In this case is just a coincidence, since the among us characters are little astronauts, but for some reason, japonese people really do like Medjet, the Netjeri has become a popular character around Japan
Hepetwi
Aset embraces me
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
l Sau apprentice l

https://asethepetwi.home.blog/

Offline Tutankhamen

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 05:12:33 pm »
I agree with Taswauyinepu! In this case is just a coincidence, since the among us characters are little astronauts, but for some reason, japonese people really do like Medjet, the Netjeri has become a popular character around Japan
The name of the game is Among Us, right? In this part of the text it says, "I know the name of that smiter among them". It sounds strange about Medjed and the term "among them" in spell 17 of the book of the dead.

Offline Xulf

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 06:56:30 pm »
The name of the game is Among Us, right? In this part of the text it says, "I know the name of that smiter among them". It sounds strange about Medjed and the term "among them" in spell 17 of the book of the dead.

I would consider this a coincidence still, though definitely a fun one at that. Context also matters on what is implied in the verse compared to what is presented within the game.

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »
It is really fun how often Medjed shows up in Japanese things! There’s so many cute depictions of Him! Which I say with the utmost respect, because He’s very much not cutesy LOL

But yea, agreed here again with Xulf. It is just a coincidence. Nothing more. If you look for correlations in things, you’ll be able to find them, but that doesn’t mean that they’re intended to be there. It’s just a funny match up.
Meset Yinepu 𓉈
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hathor-Nut, Bast-Mut, Mafdet, her Shezmu
Fedw Diviner - Fundraising team volunteer - taswau@kemet.org

Most things in life can be fixed, except for death; and even that isn’t impossible…

Offline Xulf

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 07:37:25 pm »
It is really fun how often Medjed shows up in Japanese things! There’s so many cute depictions of Him! Which I say with the utmost respect, because He’s very much not cutesy LOL

But yea, agreed here again with Xulf. It is just a coincidence. Nothing more. If you look for correlations in things, you’ll be able to find them, but that doesn’t mean that they’re intended to be there. It’s just a funny match up.

I definitely agree, and it's charming to see how Medjed is often seen in other cultures aswell. For how well.. not cutesy he is.. It still is very nice to see and observe the changes, details, and all the jazz in forms of culture or artwork. ^^

And also, Correlation =/= Causation, good note to remember especially when researching. I've learnt that many times ^^"

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304030
  • stats Total Topics: 21099
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal