collapse collapse

* Donation Status

52%
Current donation status as of September 3, 2021 = $1,302.97 of $2,500 or 52%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Possible connection to Yinepu?  (Read 371 times)

Offline SlavicTaki

Possible connection to Yinepu?
« on: July 02, 2021, 10:16:37 am »
Em hotep, everyone! (I hope im using that right..)

Ever since around 5 years ago after my Father and eldest brother's death, i have felt a connection to Yinepu, almost a sort of union.
I feel as if i may actually have a real connection to him, in fact.

I was wondering if there were any ways to find out-- Such as rituals, prayers, offerings, etc.., as I have noticed many fellow forum-users have connections to one of the gods or goddesses (Such as Sobek, Bast, Aset, etc..) or maybe even some advice from others who are Yinepu's children.

Thank you, and have a good day.
Sam.

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Re: Possible connection to Yinepu?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:52:14 pm »
Em hotep!

I understand what you mean. This last year I have been a caretaker to my grandfather in his 90s, and I've felt Yinepu become present in my life during my time doing it. He's not my Father but he's one of my Beloveds.

Classic offerings for all netjeru are bread and water. Beyond that, I've found success with things that are warm, sweet, and spicy. Things like chocolate (brownies, cake), chili, coffee, and vanilla.

Within rituals I include him in my ancestor work and my funerary work. I mostly offer water and incense, more specifically myrrh.

Hope this helps!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 04:37:12 pm »
Em hotep! (Yup, that's how we do it!)

As for ways to find out if you have a relationship with Yinepu, my first thought would be simply making offerings and prayers, and just spending time with him. I felt a strong connection to him early on that inspired me to look into the House, and although he didn't end up a divine Parent (that is determined via the Rite of Parent Divination [RPD], after completing the Beginners' Course, if you choose to undergo divination), he did end up a Beloved (a god with whom one has a strong connection, but not as strong and specific as that of Parent).

Still, even if he had not come forward in my divination results, that would not have made my connection to him invalid. You can have a connection to or relationship with any god, whether or not they're part of your RPD results, and whether or not you ever choose to undergo RPD.

Maybe make some offerings and see what tends to go over well? It will differ for each person, but my personal rule is that I only offer that which I would and can consume...so nothing I dislike (like certain kinds of vegetables), or that I'm allergic to (like milk), or that I'm addicted to and have quit using (like tobacco).

I hope you find this helpful!
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 04:45:42 pm »
Em hotep and you are indeed using it right!

There are lots of folks around who do divinations to help confirm things like this, so I'm hoping one of them will see this and give some advice on how that typically goes.

Generally, if I feel like I'm making a connection, I will give some offerings and see if I get any "response"--which can be fairly ambiguous, like a sudden thought about them, or a wave of emotion, or the smell of incense somewhere where there's no reason for incense to be. But I've also had responses be more concrete. Sometimes it takes a little while, but usually if there's a real connection there and I've identified the deity in question correctly, I'll know it one way or another pretty quickly. I am extremely skeptical, as a rule, and inclined to discount my experiences, so I always ask Them (out loud in words) to give me a very clear sign that I can't just wave away.
- Ha'aut, "Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.
Carrd | LGG translation project

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 08:26:41 am »
Em hotep!

Everyone else has said some great things here, so I don’t have much to add, but you did ask about His children, so since I fit that role I figured I would chime in. : )

Offerings are a great way to establish connection - they’re what first got me and Him interacting! He’s particularly fond of chocolate, coffee, peanut butter, and other nut butters. If you go the chocolate route, a chocolate filled with coffee, peanut butter/other nut butters, or raspberry filling will all go over wonderfully! He’s also partial to red meat, or if you drink alcohol, He enjoys whiskey/bourbon or coffee liquors. Of course, you don’t need anything fancy and special either - it’s the heart behind the offering, so if all you can offer is water or to share your next meal with Him, that is absolutely fine as well. Intent is what matters.

Apart from establishing a connection and fine tuning your discretion on what’s from Him and what’s from within you, it’s definitely possible to ask Him directly if He’s around, and potentially why He’s around; if it’s temporary/with a purpose, if it’s long term, etc., though how much info He’s willing to divulge is up to Him. If you do have any questions for Him, I’m happy to ask Him via the Kemetic Orthodox divination system known as fedw. It’s a yes/no type system, so the answers are limited to those, but it can definitely be helpful.

Either way, I hope you’ve gotten some helpful info from folks here, and again, I’m happy to help further as desired!

Good journey to you!
💜Taswau
Meset Yinepu 𓉈
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hathor-Nut, Bast-Mut, Mafdet, her Shezmu
Fedw Diviner - Sau Apprentice - Fundraising team volunteer || taswau@kemet.org

Most things in life can be fixed, except for death; and even that isn’t impossible…

* Most Recent Topics

topic Tomb of Pharaoh Seti I in virtual reality
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
Gaspard
Today at 10:57:54 am
topic Tomb of Ramose in virtual reality
Gaspard
Today at 07:23:34 am
topic Tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamun in virtual reality
Gaspard