collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How do I set up a shrine?  (Read 658 times)

Offline Tutankhamen

How do I set up a shrine?
« on: July 07, 2021, 06:39:36 pm »
How do I set up a shrine? I want to make a shrine for my passed guinea pig, Herman. could you send a picture of an example?

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
Re: How do I set up a shrine?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 09:06:03 pm »
Pet shrines are very personal and can be either simple or elaborate.
I have two wooden boxes that hold the ashes of two cats with a candle holder shaped like a cat. They have their paw prints and sympathy cards we got from when they passed. My dad recently built us a very cute shelving unit with room for when our other babies are ready to join them (hopefully those spaces will be empty for many more years). It's all up on the wall by the hall to our bedrooms.
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
"Self-Care Bast Advocate"
Class 33 graduate
Sau Apprentice

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 09:47:40 pm »
Agreed with Nebit, shrines for beloved pets are very personal.

Since I am still in the process of settling after moving a while back, my current pet shrine simply has my kitty’s urn with his ashes in it on it. Previously though, at my old place, it had a white cloth, his ashes, a small bowl to offer water and kitty-safe foods, as well as some silk flowers and a photo of him. It was simple but pretty.

Just put things that remind you of him, and maybe some nice pretty silk flowers or a water bowl on it. I’d also look at threads on here where folks share shrines - lots of pics to see!
Meset Yinepu 𓉈
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hathor-Nut, Bast-Mut, Mafdet, her Shezmu
Fedw Diviner - Fundraising team volunteer - taswau@kemet.org

Most things in life can be fixed, except for death; and even that isn’t impossible…

Offline Tatuayinepu

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:30:36 pm »
I have a little spot on one of my shrines where my Rottweiler, Kieta, has her place. Her cremains, picture, a squeaky toy and an occasional pizza crust, are close to a statue of Yinepu at His Scales. She visits regularly too!
Tatuayinepu. Please use my full name, not a nickname.

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu, Sed, Wepwawet. Temple Board Member, Forum Moderator

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304030
  • stats Total Topics: 21099
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal