collapse collapse

* Donation Status

52%
Current donation status as of September 3, 2021 = $1,302.97 of $2,500 or 52%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Horus is that you???  (Read 439 times)

Offline DarkDragonoffire

• Beginner
Horus is that you???
« on: August 26, 2021, 10:21:31 pm »
Ever since I was little i was drawn to hawks and falcons. I was interested in Egypt as well but as a young kid and no interent (and school libraries not having much) it kind of faded. Fast forward through adult hood where a lot of bad things happened (not going into detail) but then as stupid as it sounds i started playing Assassin Creed Origins (An egyptian based video game). Things came flooding back. I remembered a hawk that flew above me as i walked to school and other memories. That game let me to as an adult to dive down rabbit holes and eventually what led me here.

I've always felt drawn to Horus even before i really understood it. Well since then, i was able to make my move to florida where a apartment just "happened" to open up within 2 days of my old lease ending. Then (as I am a martial art instructor) i decided i really missed teaching and wanted to do it again and started training. Well today i found out i passed my test AND i made it through the first set of hoops that would get me a job to work day shift and potentially open a school. All of this started happening as i turned my faith and sights to him.

It really is hard NOT to believe.

It is with this I am even more excited for our class to start and to really dive more into the relgious side and to improve my connection with him.

Offline SpaghettiYeti

• Remetj
Re: Horus is that you???
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:08:35 pm »
While I cannot truly say for certain whether or not it is Horus for you, I will say that I have had similar experiences in my personal practice.

Like you, I grew up fascinated with the Ancient Egypt I read about in library books. My grandfather also had a series of Life: Nature Library books from the 60s or 70s that he would read parts of to me as a very small child, though I mostly liked the pictures. He had an odd one out on the civilizations of man--and of course it happened to be Ancient Egypt.

I too had nearly forgotten it until I was at a shop somewhere that sold an incense called Egyptian Musk. I believe it was a mix of musk of some sort and frankincense. Whatever it was, it hit my memory bank like a truck, and I immediately went and devoured just about every book in my school library (I was in high school at the time) day in and day out until I identified what the aching, itching feeling was in my chest that forced me to keep reading. I called it homesickness.

All that to say that I would definitely trust that you are having a religious experience.

If I recall, I believe that beginners are encouraged to keep an open mind to any Name of Netjer who may step forward. Horus may have led you here, as it would certainly seem so, and so I would advise you to keep your perception open to others as well. You never know who else may step forward as your path progresses.

Offline Senneferet

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 04:38:34 am »
Hello and welcome!

It’s incredible when Netjer first start to really make themselves known. It will be exciting to see where this adventure will lead. Perhaps a specific Horus will reveal himself? I am far from an expert but off the top of my head there is Horeus the Elder (Heru-Wer), Horus the younger, (Heru-as-Aset, and even Ra-Horakhty.

I’ve only recently started to talk to Heru-Wer but I’m sure more Horus devotees and “fans” will pop in to say hello!

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 12:21:16 am »
I can see this being a possibility, as several of the Herus are martial.  However, I'm not the foremost Heru person here.  Suffice it to say, paging Rev. Tanebet. :)
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:46:42 am »
I too am an Assassin's Creed fan and loved Origins. The gods communicate to us through a variety of means and it sounds like Heru is letting you know He is around.
Sa Wesir-Sokar, mery Nut her Djehuty
Heri-sesheta Wesir

Offline Saqdiheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 08:46:32 pm »
Oh my, this sounds similar to the experience i had with Heru-Wer when i prayed to him, its was kinda cringe looking back on it how i prayed but I got a very swift response in the form of a clue by four and gods did he whack me hard because 30 minutes after that prayer i was playing xbox and my party chat on xbox cut out and i could hear the Tv in the living room talking about the egyptian afterlife and there was a mention of Horus, which is who i prayed to. had my party not disconnected i would have not heard that at all. So yeah Heru is VERY verbal when he wants to be trust me.
"Heru sails (onward)"
Son of Heru-Wer
beloved of; Sekhmet-Hethert, Ra, Set
Self care Heru-Wer keeper
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

* Most Recent Topics

topic Hello
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Asetmehheri
September 20, 2021, 01:38:38 pm
topic National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]