collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: BEBT  (Read 193 times)

Offline Sha'ersenu

• Shemsu
BEBT
« on: December 29, 2021, 09:14:44 am »
Em Hotep!

I am on a research about sacred feminine and the goddess Baubo, and one of the websites I am reading says this Goddess can be related to an Egyptian Goddess called BEBT... I have never heard about this Goddess, or even if She exists... Is She a kind of proto-Bast?

I hope you can help me,

Thank you...

Senebty,

Sha'ersenu
Sha'ersenu
"Worthy of Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Set
Meryt Wesir, Ra, Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Sha'ersenu

• Shemsu
Re: BEBT
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 09:17:30 am »
"Baubo may also be related to a little-known Egyptian goddess named Bebt. The ancient historian Herodotus (c. 484 – c. 425 BC), described rites for the Egyptian cat goddess Bast at her main temple at Bubastis. During these ceremonies, men and women rode a barge down the river, yelling “mocking jokes and jests” at women on the riverbanks. Women on the barge performed dances, “then, standing up, they hitch up their skirts.” (According to Herodotus, more wine was drunk during this festival than at any other time of the year.)

The image of a vulva-flashing goddess was so popular in Egypt that artwork of her in one or another of her guises, but always unashamedly displaying her bits, appears to have been mass produced. In the late 19th century, antiquities hunters in the markets of Cairo or Alexandria in Egypt could buy bronze or terracotta figurines of this sort that had been dug up in farmers’ fields, writes Lubell. These showed women in flowing gowns and headdresses, lifting their skirts above their naked pudenda. Is it possible these figures were actually of the much older Egyptian goddess Isis? Again, scholars disagree."

Source of the survey: https://bust.com/arts/196838-baubo-ancient-vagina-goddess.html
Sha'ersenu
"Worthy of Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Set
Meryt Wesir, Ra, Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3504
  • stats Total Posts: 304339
  • stats Total Topics: 21157
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal