collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Beginners Class Meeting  (Read 580 times)

Offline deadlysupia

Beginners Class Meeting
« on: December 29, 2021, 04:04:40 am »
Em hotep all! I'm sure the next class will be starting very soon! Wanting to make a thread of those of who are in the next one or previous ones to talk to each other! I'm so looking forward to this and want to meet others who have and are going to be participating! Getting to know the peers and whatnot!

I am Karissa! I'm 27 years old and I am deeply into art! I have been on the Kemet path for just under a year but I have been a lifelong lover of Ancient Egypt since I was a little girl. I know my inner child is simply giddy with excitement to learn so much more and to be apart of the religion I thought was gone. I have always felt a pull even though Yu-Gi-Oh! was my introduction to Egyptian things... though that only jumpstarted my love for it. In my childhood I would always make sure to read every single Ancient Egyptian book on the shelves and even then... with what we know now it still makes me so happy to know of more Netjer! I was never aware of some as they were never mentioned in early books in my childhood.

I guess it has been a childhood dream to be closer to this and now that I am it is so much more than I have dreamed. I will visit Egypt someday but, for now... to be with likeminded passionate people and to be apart of those who truly understand really makes me happy. I get emotional writing this honestly haha! I already have felt close to each of these gods in ways I can't explain as well as the culture. I look forward to this class and to a lifetime of knowledge!

Who are the Netjer you are looking forward to getting to know better or cultivating more with?

Senebty <3
𓁢 𓁣 𓏌𓏏𓇯𓁐 𓋹

Re: Beginners Class Meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 11:49:38 am »
Hello! I'm way excited to start my journey as well! I adore Bast and feel I serve her best by running a small but significant community cat rescue. I also used to own/run my state's only ferret rescue so that's my connection to Ra (I was told years ago by someone knowledgeable that is who would watch over my ferrets). I feel called by Sekhmet but due to life's setbacks I feel both stuck and stagnant. I pray that this new chapter in my life will help. So nice to meet you. 😊

Many blessings, B.

Offline deadlysupia

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 12:55:37 pm »
Hi Brenda! That's super awesome to hear :) I personally adore Anpu/Yinepu, Nut and Set/Sutekh a lot and have already reached out to them. Though, my main goal is to get to know all of the Netjer in some shape or form! To me... it feels as if I am reaching out to legends that I previously thought were just mythos in childhood. Now to be able to commune and to be close to them it feels so amazing! I know this will be a great new chapter for the both of us! Nice to meet you too!
𓁢 𓁣 𓏌𓏏𓇯𓁐 𓋹

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 10:07:31 pm »
Em hotep!! I’m Sarah, and I feel like I resonate a lot with your story. I was also an Egypt-obsessed kid and now very excited to explore those roots even further. That feeling you described of connecting with the Netjer and learning that They are still worshipped is so awesome. At this point, I am excited to get to know all of the Names better. I’ve felt pulls towards Aset, Nebt-Het, and Khonsu, but I also feel like I am called to put my energy towards simply developing my general Kemetic practice right now. Very much looking forward to the beginner’s class (signed up for it at the start of December) and very excited to meet fellow seekers!

Offline deadlysupia

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 12:43:20 am »
Hi Sarah!! I'm so glad you can resonate with my story too! That's wonderful that you have felt pulls to those 3 as well! I am very much looking forward to it as well and developing my practice too! I have a feeling this will be lots of fun :)

Senebty! <3
𓁢 𓁣 𓏌𓏏𓇯𓁐 𓋹

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 07:37:19 am »
I too am excited/interested. I've not heard anything back so I don't know if I've been accepted but am interested

Offline Fawn

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 08:19:47 pm »
Em hotep!

I'm Fawn. I'm 27 and I'm really into writing. I work with pets during the day and play games by night!
I've been working with Egyptian deities for almost ten years and have been in love with the history for most of my life.
I am already quite devoted to Sobek and fond of Yinepu. I know there's a lot of netjer that I haven't properly connected with and I'm hoping this will encourage me to incorporate them more into my life, as well.

I've been putting off applying here for quite some time but something told me it was finally time to give it a shot. I'm really excited for the class. (: Nice to meet you all~

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304388
  • stats Total Topics: 21164
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal