collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Your Shemsu Name and You  (Read 82430 times)

Offline Sherit

• Shemsu
Re: Your Shemsu Name and You
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 06:05:57 pm »
I love name games...

1.) What is your Shemsu name and meaning?
Djehutysherit: Djehuty's Little Girl. (I'm in the cute bucket with Sobekemiti)
2.) What is your RPD lineup?
Sat Djehuty, Meryt Khnum, Bast, Serqet-Aset
3.) How long have you been named, and how long did you wait before being named?
I was named last President's Day weekend, so Feb 16th or so of 2006. I took my RPD in Oct. of 2004, so I waited a year and 4 months.
4.) Are there any interesting puns in your name that you have heard of? Please share them if you're willing to.
Whew, there are plenty, but most of them are personal. The funniest is that sherit is a pun on "big nose", which was one of Djehuty's nicknames in the late period -- "The Snozz"
5.) Did you try to figure out what your name would be before you got it? If so, were you close?
No idea, tho I really WANTED to be Djehuty's Mighty Smiting Hand of Glory, or something like that. Since I was named...I like being a little girl better.
6.) Did you use any Kemetic names before you got your Shemsu name? If so, what were they and what did they mean?
Nope, no other names kemetic names. i have enough names as it is...
Djehutysherit -- "Djehuty's Little Girl"
sat Djehuty
meryt Bast her Khnum her Serqet

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 06:09:22 pm »
Part A.

Munefmontu--Montu the guardian or watcher

Daughter of Montu Beloved of Amun-Ra, Sekhmet, and Khnum

I was named Dec 27th 2006 so almost 3 months...My RPD was Dec 23rd...so I waited a whole 4 days....lol I guess that's not really waiting is it?

4.) Are there any interesting puns in your name that you have heard of? Please share them if you're willing to.
Not that I know of...Of course I didn't ask.

5.) Did you try to figure out what your name would be before you got it? If so, were you close?
You know...I was just so elated at finding out who my Father was that it never occured to me to try to figure it out. After I was given my name and I started delving into it's meaning...it really makes sense.

6.) Did you use any Kemetic names before you got your Shemsu name? If so, what were they and what did they mean?

I used the name Ankhesenma'at. It means "living for truth" or "she who lives for truth".

Senebty,
Munef

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Munefmontu »
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

Offline Aqatisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 06:23:06 pm »
Aqatisenu(ah-KAH-tee-seh-NOO), meaning "Two use me correctly". :3

Daughter of Nebthet-Nit-Seshat and Yinepu-Wepwawet, beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert.

It was December 27th, 2006 - four days after my RPD. So really, my RPD and Shemsu naming weren't all that long ago. Only two(almost three) months! :)

None that I know of, but I'm really interested in learning! I don't have a way to figure them out, so if anyone could help, I would be very thankful!

Nope, I didn't try... I figured being surprised would be fun, and I was definitly surprised alright! I'm still trying to figure out what my name could really mean to me. :)

I used "Ankheseninpu/anpu" for AncientWorlds, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Aqatisenu »
Aqatisenu - "Two use me correctly"
Sat Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Self-Care Sekhmet Keeper

Offline TadagyterRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 07:38:46 pm »
[color:#FF6600]For the already named: Part A.

[/color]
TadagyterRa (though in glyphs I write it in it's full form: TadagyterRaHeruakhety).  It means "the one that beholds/looks at/sees Ra"

[color:#FF6600]2.) What is your RPD lineup?[/color]
Daughter of Ra-Heruakhety, beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet.

[color:#FF6600]3.) How long have you been named, and how long did you wait before being named?[/color]
It'll be a year in april. I went through the RPD and naming the same day, so I didn't have to wait at all ^_^

[color:#FF6600]4.) Are there any interesting puns in your name that you have heard of? Please share them if you're willing to.[/color]
Yes!!! and I love Dad for it SO much *g* I love vampires and all vampire literature, so when I found out one of the meanings for Dagyt is "bat" well... go figure how much I loved it *g*
Dagyt also means "bird" "staring" and, the verb "to hide"

[color:#FF6600]5.) Did you try to figure out what your name would be before you got it? If so, were you close?[/color]
No

[color:#FF6600]6.) Did you use any Kemetic names before you got your Shemsu name? If so, what were they and what did they mean?[/color]
No
Tadagyt-er-Ra-Heruakhety (Tadagyt or Dagyt)

Sat Ra-Heruakhety <3
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Yamen

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 08:32:50 pm »
Yamenaset, Offer to Aset.

sat Aset-Serqet, meryt Heru-wer

My RPD was March 17, 2006 and naming was April 26, 2006.

Well, I'm not sure if I'd say it's a pun, but offer could also be sacrifice. I like that my name is a directive rather than a title too.

I made a few guesses. I wasn't close.

No.
Yamenaset ~ sat Aset her Nisut(AUS), meryt Heru-wer

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 08:37:35 pm »

For those not yet named or not planning to be named: Part B
1.) Have you had your RPD done? Who was in your lineup?

Yes. Sat Bast-Mut meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Hethert

2.) Do you use a Kemetic name right now? What is it and what does it mean?

Nope.

3.) Do you plan on being named at any time? If not, and if you are comfortable sharing - why not?

Yes.  In two weeks!

4.) If you plan on being named, are you trying to guess what your name might be like? Care to share the guesses?

Not really.  But I have made some jokes about what it could be. ;)
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 08:59:10 pm »
Part A.

Tanehemmuti (Tanehem) - "The Thunder of My Two Mothers" OR "My Two Mothers Thunder For Me"

sat Nit-Nebthet-Seshat her Nut, meryt Set

Nearly 3 months... I only waited 6 days after my RPD. I was hanging around the House boards for about a year before that though.

"To dance for joy"
"To assume an office"
"To withdraw"
"To take away/carry off"
"To save/rescue"

Also, thunder being the laughter of Nut, sometimes I suspect my name also means "My Two Mothers are Laughing at me".

Nope. Don't have enough imagination for that sort of thing. :)

Setnakht - "Set is Mighty", (I picked it before I realised there was a Nisut of the same name, evidently I may have picked a male name but meh).

Offline ubenet

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 09:01:59 pm »
Part A.

ubenetsenu.  it means "two shine" or "two appear shining."  and ubenet, which is what people generally call me, just means "shiny," which makes me very happy.    :grin:

sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu, meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset.

i was named 12/23/05, a month after i was divined - i was in finals when the first naming came around after my beginner's class.

ubenet also means "excessive" (...cough...) and.. uh.. i think there were other things, but that was the one that cracked everyone up.

it actually did pop into my head in the shower (where i do all my deep thinking) that it might have something to do with shining.

nope.  the name i used here, creatively enough, was "abby."  :P

ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:22 pm »
Part A.
1.) TaysatWesir "This daughter of Wesir"
2.) I’m sat Wesir meryt Mut her Ma'ahes her Bast.
3.) It was 2 months since March 10th and 10 days waiting after my RPD.
4.) There are no puns my name is pretty straightforward.
5.) I did and I guessed DjedWesir.
6.) Yes I did. NeferMerytBast, MerytMaahes, MerytMut and Shepenmut.

The long version of my Shemsu name is Taysat-Ptah-Sokar-Wesir "This daughter of Ptah-Sokar-Wesir" pronounced tie-SOTT-puh-TAH-soh-KAR-wuh-SEER. The long version of my RPD is sat Ptah-Sokar-Wesir meryt Mut her Ma'ahes her Bast. Wesir specifically as the syncretic Ptah-Sokar-Wesir. :D Why do I have two versions of my Shemsu name and RPD? Wesir gave me a choice he probably knew that I would have a hard time registering for the long version on Websites.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TaysatWesir »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Henkuyinepu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 10:35:29 pm »
Henkuyinepu "Yinepu's Gift"
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet mery Bast, Serqet-Aset her Sekhmet-Hethert
I was named on March 4, 2003.  I don't remember how long it was until I was named.
Yes, it can also mean "Yinepu's Beer"
Nope.
About a year before I found the house, I was looking for a name for myself in Kemetic.  I asked Yinepu (as I was looking through a book with definitions of some glyphs) to let me have a name.  The glyphs I saw immediately after asking that were "Sa" = son "Setep" = chosen "n" =of Yinepu.  Together it was SaSetepnYinepu = Chosen son of Yinepu.
Henkuyinepu
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet
Mery Bast, Serqet-Aset her Sekhmet-Hethert
http://www.livejournal.com/users/henkuyinepu

"Not only are there no happy endings, there aren't even any endings." - Bast (in American Gods - Neil Gaiman)

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 10:41:35 pm »
Sipenaset - 'Destined to Aset'
Sat Aset, meryt Set, Wesir, her Nefertem
Named since late December; almost three months. I waited...errmm...a year and a half.
The only ones I know of are the ones Hemet(AUS) mentioned - 'counted/claimed by Aset'. so Aset's all "she's MINE!" haha (sorry, that image cracks me up). I haven't had a lot of time to research yet (and I honestly don't really know where to start!)
I pondered a bit...but I didn't really come up with anything that was remotely close to my name.
I used Khuinaset ('protected by Aset') for quite a while. I *think* it might have even been grammatically correct. Maybe. heh. Anyways, I still like the sound of it.
Per Nefertem

Sat [color:#3333FF]Aset[/color], meryt [color:#FF0000]Set[/color], [color:#009900]Wesir[/color], her [color:#FFCC33]Nefertem[/color]

Decline Designs

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 03:38:50 am »
Tanebetheru = "Heru's Lordhip"
Daughter of Heru-Sa-Aset, Beloved of Ra-Heru-Akhety
I have been named in February 2004 and was divined exaxtly one week before
I let it to others to decide if they are interesting  ;), my name could mean "this belongs Heru" as well
no, I didn't try
Tahemet - which means Queenie (or at least that's what the homepage said), which is one of my other nicknames and so I thought it was fitting
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tanebet »
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 10:20:32 am »
[color:#006600]Naisenu (Two Carry Me Across) - You can view it here.[/color]
[color:#006600]Sat Wepwawet her Bast-Mut; Meryt Djehuty her Sekhmet (I am Kheret's near twin)[/color]
[color:#006600]I was both divined and named on the same day: March 26, 2006[/color]
[color:#006600]I do not know of any puns on my name.[/color]
[color:#006600]I was still mulling over my new Parents and Beloved and too distracted to even think about ideas for my Shemsu name. I will say however, that when I was named, up until the end of the naming chat, I hated my name. It took the length of the chat for it to grow on me and let me accept it.[/color]
[color:#006600]Nope. I didn't want to influence it at all so I just went by the name given to me by my human parents.[/color]

Offline Metitaitui

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 12:03:19 pm »
Metitaitui "My two Fathers are precise/exact"

Sat Set her Djehuty, Meryt Ra her Heru-wer

I've been named since April 26, 2006 so it will be a year soon :grin: I waited 4 days after my RPD to get named and a few months after graduating the beginners class.

I don't know of any puns because I never thought to ask until recently. I plan to ask soon.

No, never crossed my mind to.

Yes I used the NeferAhabut which means beautiful dancer (or at least I hope it does lol)  :blush:
sat Set her Djehuty meryt Ra, Heru-wer, her Hethert

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 09:37:02 am »
Very cool thread! ^_^

Shefytbast, "Bast's Majesty"

Sat Bast, meryt Nut and Amun-Ra

I was divined on my birthday (April 6) in 2005. Then Named toward the end of April--I want to say the 25th or so.

I'm not sure if it's quite a pun, but "shefyt" also means a ram-headed figure associated with Amun, so I've got a bit of the Beloved in there as well. ^_^

I was thinking it would have something to do with fire. The possibility that it would be something abstract never even crossed my mind.

Nope! I kinda thought about it, but I knew that I didn't really know what I was doing, so I held off.

Senebty,

Shefyt

edited to correct the year--I was Divined and Named in 2005, not 2006
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:16:05 pm by Shefytbast »
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9