collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Your Shemsu Name and You  (Read 82428 times)

Offline Seshagemseger

• Divined Remetj
Re: Your Shemsu Name and You
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 10:14:51 am »
1.) Ankhkaseshat Seshagemseger (causing the ka of Seshat to live, wisdom is found in silence)

2.) sa Seshat(*), mery Hethert-Sekhmet her Serqet-Aset.  (* = either Seshat-Nit-Nebthet or Seshat-Nebthet-Nit; it needs clarification since my RPD preceded formal recognition that they're triple-aspected.)

3.) If I remember right, it was 1998, at the second Retreat.  (The Imakhu name came with my ordination in... 2002 I think it was?)

4.) "ankh" is apparently also "sworn", "captive", "common soldier" and "garland of flowers."  

5.) Not Ankhkaseshat -- I didn't try to guess and would never have come close.  (Imakhu names are a sort of negotiation between the priest and Netjer with Hemet's help.)

6.) I had an AncientSites character name that was supposed to be "the heart of Ma'at is satisfied," but that's it.
Child of Seshat
Beloved of Hethert, Serqet, and Shu
seshat.org / Facebook / LiveJournal

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 10:17:21 am »
Quote from: Seshetmaat

1.) What is your Shemsu name and meaning?
2.) What is your RPD lineup?
3.) How long have you been named, and how long did you wait before being named?
4.) Are there any interesting puns in your name that you have heard of? Please share them if you're willing to.
5.) Did you try to figure out what your name would be before you got it? If so, were you close?
6.) Did you use any Kemetic names before you got your Shemsu name? If so, what were they and what did they mean?

1. Ushaemnakhtwy - (Reciting) Praises For The Two Strong Ones

2. sat Sekhmet-HetHert her Set meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-Wer her Heru-sa-Aset

3. I was Divined on Dec 14, 2004 and named on Dec 18, 2004.

4. Not that I'm aware of.

5. No...I didn't try.

6. No.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ushaemnakhtwy »
Senebty,

Ushaemnakhtwy

sat [color:red]Sekhmet-HetHert, Set[/color] her[color:gold] Nisut(AUS)[/color]  
meryt [color:purple]Yinepu-Wepwawet,[/color] [color:blue]Heru-Wer[/color] her [color:teal]Heru-Sa-Aset[/color]

Sau Apprentice

Avatar by the Awesome Temwa..Thanks :)

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 01:11:14 pm »

What is your Shemsu name and meaning?
4.) Are there any interesting puns in your name that you have heard of? Please share them if you're willing to.
5.) Did you try to figure out what your name would be before you got it? If so, were you close?
6.) Did you use any Kemetic names before you got your Shemsu name? If so, what were they and what did they mean?

1.Ankemsekhmet...life or live in Sekhmet
2. son of Sekhmet-Mut beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat, and Set
3. I was named in Dec 06 I think.  I waited until I felt The Goddess called me to be devoted to Netjer before naming..
4. no puns
5. no i didn't, i really didn't want one until Mother "told" me to accept a name and take my vows.  Interesting enough b4 Nisut ((AUS) did my RPD I was drawn more to Set and Djehuti however it's very much a logical parent.
6. no, Kemet wasn't my thing..the Goddess brought me to HON.  I followed the Goddess' name Kali-Ma and drew upon the Hindu pantheon.  I'm 110% sure that I'm "ready" for the Netjer name  now...(shrug)

Senebty,

Ankhem

Son of Sekhmet-Mut and beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat, and Set

Ma'at hen'a-ten ra-neb

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 02:59:23 pm »
Ubatitui "My Two Fathers Make Revelation"

Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Set, beloved of Heru-wer and Khonsu

Since Nov 30th '06. waited one month after rpd

not that I know of

nope

nope
Ubatitui "My Two Fathers Make Revelation"
Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set,
Meryt Heru-wer her Khonsu.
& companion of Azazel :3

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »

1.) TabauAmunet -- "The Power of Amunet"

2.) sat Mut Netet em Amunet, meryt Sekhmet

3.) I've been named for a good few months now, got divined in November of 2006. :D It was only about a month or so between my RPD and my Naming (Dua Netjer).

4.) I haven't really found any puns on my name. Hell, i haven't even been able to find any references to the bits and pieces of my name from antiquity.

5.) Honestly, i tried not to think about what my name would be before i got it, just so that i wouldn't have a spazzy cat attack from anxiety of trying to figure out what it was and waiting, lol.

6.) I didn't ever use any Kemetic nicknames before my RPD, unless you count my RP character name "Ahmunet" that i thought i'd made up years ago, because i liked the sound. Then when wandering around the internet i ran across a website that listed my Mother and all i could say was "Oh my God... o.o" Needless to say, that's where it all began lol. So i guess my Kemetic nickname was just a little bit like my Shemsu name. :)
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 09:46:19 pm »
[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar - 'Sokar stirs' or 'Sokar starts moving.'[/color]

[color:#6600CC]Sa Sokar-Wesir.  Mery Nefertem her Min her Wepwawet-Yinepu.[/color]

[color:#6600CC]I was named December 27th, 2006.  (At 8:56pm Central).  While it felt like an eternity between RPD & Naming, I was actually very lucky and it was just a matter of days.
[/color]
[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar can also literaly mean 'Shining son of Sokar. (Talk about your intimidating name to live up to!!)
Khusi can mean to stir, to stir up, to become moving and also to become full (like one's heart stirs) so I quite feel like an agitator for the ol Biq-daddy at times. [/color] :D  

[color:#6600CC]Apparently I had some inkling all along, at least on some subconcious level.  Consider that I called myself Sisokar when I first was brought to the House by Him - that was certainly pretty darn close, eh? [/color] :D  

[color:#6600CC]Sisokar - just a spelling variation of Sasokar 'Son of Sokar.'[/color]
--[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar[/color] ('Sokar Stirs')
Son of [color:#6600CC] Sokar-Wesir [/color] and [color:red]Hekatawy I[/color] (AUS!)
Beloved of[color:#3333FF] Nefertem,[/color][color:#009900] Min,[/color] and[color:#663300] Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color]

*Fedw diviner for [color:#6600CC] Sokar[/color]*

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 11:20:21 pm »
For those not yet named or not planning to be named: Part B

2.) Do you use a Kemetic name right now? What is it and what does it mean?
3.) Do you plan on being named at any time? If not, and if you are comfortable sharing - why not?
4.) If you plan on being named, are you trying to guess what your name might be like? Care to share the guesses?

1.) Have you had your RPD done? Who was in your lineup?

Yes: my lineup is Yinepu-Wepwawet and Bast-Mut, and Sekhmet-Hethert and Seshat-Nit-Nebthet.

2.) Do you use a Kemetic name right now? What is it and what does it mean?

No; I'm a stickler for getting things correct (I blame Seshat ;)) and I wouldn't trust myself to choose a grammatically and culturally sensible name for myself in a language I didn't understand.

3.) Do you plan on being named at any time? If not, and if you are comfortable sharing - why not?

I'm not planning on becoming a Shemsu anytime soon: I'm more than happy with my RPD results and I'd really love to be named, but I just don't feel I could honestly vow to serve the Names in my RPD first above all other Names and other Gods, which is what the Shemsu vows entail.

I'm not ruling out becoming a Shemsu one day - after all, it took me 2 years to get from the beginner's course to the RPD - but I think that would require my Parents and Beloveds giving me a strong and unmistakable push towards Shemsuhood. Right now they seem quite happy to sit back and let me take things at my own pace, so that's just what I'm going to do.

4.) If you plan on being named, are you trying to guess what your name might be like? Care to share the guesses?

I'm not planning on being named at the moment, but if I ever do go for it, it would be cool if "shuri" showed up in some form. I'm currently greatly amused by Rekeh-Sheri ("little fire") in the Kemetic calendar. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 11:21:04 pm by Shuri »

Offline Asetwedjbai

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 12:01:38 pm »
Asetwedjbai "Aset turned me around"

Originally it was sat Aset-Serqet, meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Wesir, her Yinepu-Wepwawet. Nut came along two or three years ago, and Nebthet in the last year (though She has been around much longer than that.) I have to confirm if Seshat or Nit come next.

I had my divination on March 26, 2002 and was Named in May 2002.

I don't know. I know that wD (wedj) can mean "order" as a noun or a verb. So maybe Aset is ordering me around? Or putting me in order? I'll have to ask someone who knows more about glyphs than I do :)

Not really. I did have a dream just before my divination about getting a Shemsu name that was completely off! (Aset's bright one - it was in English, not Kemetic).

My board name here was Iset, which is a different way of spelling Aset. I was consciously trying to make a distinction between Isis and Aset.

senebty, Wedjbai
Aset turned me around
Daughter of Aset
Beloved of Hethert, Wesir, Yinepu, Nut & Nebthet

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 01:34:14 pm »
For the already named: Part A.

Ma'ainakhtsen (I see Their Strength)

Daughter of Sekhmet and Heru-wer, beloved of Set --- about two years ago, we discovered that Aset had also been 'hiding' all along.

I was named at the year 2000 Retreat. I basically waited from the time I was divined until retreat. I think it was a month or two. It seems like we only named people in person then... if I remember correctly.

Hemet(AUS) once mentioned something about building tools..

I wondered...

I had an inkling that the word "nakht" would be in it. The first time I heard/saw the word (as part of someone else's name) I just felt that it belonged to me somehow. Even though I didn't actually know what it meant.

I went by lots of names but none were Kemetic.
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

Offline weshebutAmunRa

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 08:43:22 pm »
I do not share the meaning of my name with many people, and I would appreciate those who DO know it not spread it around. I was named in March 03.

My only guess was that my name would be something along the lines of "annoying one of her Fathers" (I didn't understand syncretism back then).

w
sa/t Amun-Ra
mery/t Mut, Yinepu, Khonsu, Serqet, and Bast

"Let me be your reason; let me be your spark. Let me be the torch that sets fire to your heart." Nachtmahr, "The Torch"

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 06:35:48 am »
See signature.

See signature.

Since January, 2004. 3 months. I was away at training.

No.

No.

No.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 01:59:31 pm »
Since I cannot edit my old post ... I did some searching in HieroWords for "nai" and another meaning for it is "be lenient", so I suppose a pun on my name is Two Are Lenient?

If you want to see the hieroglyphs:

Offline Shayi

• Shemsu
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 03:27:53 am »
Shayiwepwawet - Wepwawet sends me/sent me

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu, meryt Bast-Mut her Ptah

Since last summer.  Just after my RPD.

No.

Nope, didn't try.  

No.
~~Shayiwepwawet~~ (Wepwawet sends me)

sat Wepwawet-Yinepu, meryt Bast-Mut her Ptah

Offline Nityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 01:52:22 am »

1.) see signature
2.) see signature
3.) Uh... about 3 years now, I think.  Wow, has it really been that long?  I remember it felt like I waited forever until I was named, but it was only a couple of months.  :)  I'm one of the Fidget Queens.
4.) Well... I think the name says it all.  I've got a big sticker on me that says 'Yinepu's'  :)
5.) Nope, didn't even try. I knew whatever Hemet (AUS) told me would be what I wanted to hear.
6.) Yes, my old handle was Neithhotep, and a couple of people noted how coincidental it was that my old name and new name sounded very much alike.
Nityinepu AKA Niti Yinepu's
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Bast-Mut, her Khnum
Sau Apprentice-in-waiting

Offline A_Adjensenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 05:05:58 am »
A'Adjensenu "Safe in two"
Son of Djehuty and Sekhmet-Hethert, beloved of
Heru-wer and Aset-Serqet

Years, 3-4 now, can't even remember clearly (ok, I feel old now)
No comment.
Nope, I let fate take its course

Kemetic names?  No.  One Kemetic name is enough for a lifetime or 4.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:07:23 am by A_Adjensenu »
A'Adjensenu "Safe in two"

Call me Adjen

Son of Djehuty and Sekhmet-Hethert, beloved of
Heru-wer and Aset-Serqet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955