collapse collapse

* Donation Status

100%+   Current donation status as of January 15, 2021 = $2,500 of $2,500 (100%)   Donate!

Plus Projected Rollover of $1,462.56!!!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings for Sekhmet?  (Read 59014 times)

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
Re: Offerings for Sekhmet?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »
oh, yeah- i've gotten a good response with spicy red pepper jelly and cream cheese on toast, too!
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 07:55:58 pm »
Em hotep Tek!

Yeah...YOU go right ahead and offer Sekhmet veggie lasagna. Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes. ;)

Been there...done that! Definitely not a good idea! *g*

Senebty!
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 08:11:45 pm »
I've found you can usually go with chocolate, especially the ones with liquor in them (mmmm, rumballs!)
Hethertiret "Het-hert's duty / Het-hert's purpose"
Daughter of Hethert-Sekhmet, beloved of Djehuty, Bast, and Amun

This may look like a forum, but for many this is a temple.

Offline Kefetmisenu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 08:13:02 pm »
Quote from: Hethertiret
I've found you can usually go with chocolate, especially the ones with liquor in them (mmmm, rumballs!)

Mama Hethert really loves chocolate. Just make sure it's good tasting chocolate :D
Kefetmisenu
Sat Heru-wer her Hethert-Sekhmet
Gothic horror writer and artist. Icon is my own artwork

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 08:16:19 pm »
And let's not forget to mention the ever popular raw meat (I've had success with beef, bison, and lamb).  :)  
Tasedjebbastmut (Taji),
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset
Devoted to the Queen of Heaven (in various iterations)

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 05:59:43 am »
Quote from: Taji
And let's not forget to mention the ever popular raw meat (I've had success with beef, bison, and lamb).  :)  

When you offer raw meat, do you ever cook it afterwards so you can consume it as well?

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 10:03:55 am »
Yes.  I offer it, then cook it, then eat it.  :)
Tasedjebbastmut (Taji),
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset
Devoted to the Queen of Heaven (in various iterations)

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 10:20:35 am »
Taji, I don't know why that never occurred to me before! I don't eat raw meat so I was kind of meh on the idea of offering it. But offering the raw part to Netjer, then preparing it the way I am willing to eat it, seems reasonable.
Tumblr | Twitter

Seeing the Sun when I can't really see
Hoping the Sun will at least look at me

--Moby

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 01:08:55 pm »
Quote from: Taji
Yes.  I offer it, then cook it, then eat it.  :)

That's good to know :) I doubt Sekhmet wants people to get possible food poisoning and it'd be a shame if food went to waste!

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 06:47:11 pm »
Quote from: NiankhSekhmet
Em hotep Tek!

Yeah...YOU go right ahead and offer Sekhmet veggie lasagna. Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes. ;)

Been there...done that! Definitely not a good idea! *g*

Senebty!

this may be just me (UPG??), but i've offered Her vegetarian meals before and though i agree they don't seem to be Her favorite, i get that She appreciates that they're health-conscious for us, and if they're spicy, Her response to them is better.

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 08:37:14 pm »
well, something happened to me the other night that was just so cool i had to share it!

my husband and i went out to dinner and when i was looking at the menu, i learned that the special that night was a lamb dish, and even though i haven't eaten red meat for years, suddenly i had an intense craving for the lamb, and i went ahead and ordered it, much to my husband's surprise!  i think that Sekhmet was near me and that *She* wanted it!  it was so weird; nothing else on the menu would do after that.  so i made sure to offer it to Her when it arrived, and i ended up enjoying it more than any meal i've had in weeks.  i was a little nervous that red meat might upset my stomach after not having eaten it in so long, but right then it was worth it- and it didn't, after all, and i think that was thanks to Her, too.  :)  

and i defintely got a "THIS is more like it!" feeling from Her! :)

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 09:03:37 pm »
Hi Kathleen.

Very interesting! Maybe it's just coincidence, but Sekhmet's been influencing my purchases quite a bit for the past couple of weeks.  

I picked up a woven grass basket at the store "just because," although I had no obvious use for it.  That night it occurred to me that it looked like the kind of grass a lion would hide in to stalk prey.  It's now going in the "cat" shrine.

Then last night, browsing through a jewelry supply site, I saw a bright red coral carved rose.  Immediately I thought "Sekhmet - Turquoise beads".  So Sekhmet is getting a coral and turquoise necklace. (Het-hert is getting one of a pale pink coral rose and light green jade beads).

I wonder if She has a festival or something coming up, or if it might be residual from Moomas.  

*duh* !Face-palm!  I just put together the connection between Het-hert and Sekhmet, the recent return of the wandering goddess, and the need for 2 necklaces.

Sometimes I wonder if my brain goes on holiday without me.

Anyway...

Blessings,

Catlin
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:55 pm »
Em hotep Kathleen:

To clarify to your earlier question, the veggie lasagna that I offered to Sekhmet was not spicy at all. To be honest, it was rather bland. I do know Sekhmet does like spices. Curries always seem to go over well with Her. I can offer her mango dahl or even saag paneer and She likes that just fine. Indian food seems to go over well.  

Anyway, it was going to be my meal after I offered it first. Granted, it was also a microwaved thing - which might have been another reason why Sekhmet did not like it.  But suffice it to say that the entire plate inexplicably landed FACE DOWN on the floor of my shrine room.  Thankfully this did not break the plate, however. I think She likes that particular pattern - it's red and blue and white and yellow and looks very much like Islamic tile. ;)

So, the impression I got from my Mother is that it was not well recieved.  Apparently I wasn't supposed to eat it either. The Labradors had a good dinner, however. ;-)

Senebty!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 09:24:51 pm »
LOL  :)

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:26 pm »
Quote from: Catlin
Hi Kathleen.

Very interesting! Maybe it's just coincidence, but Sekhmet's been influencing my purchases quite a bit for the past couple of weeks.  

I picked up a woven grass basket at the store "just because," although I had no obvious use for it.  That night it occurred to me that it looked like the kind of grass a lion would hide in to stalk prey.  It's now going in the "cat" shrine.

Then last night, browsing through a jewelry supply site, I saw a bright red coral carved rose.  Immediately I thought "Sekhmet - Turquoise beads".  So Sekhmet is getting a coral and turquoise necklace. (Het-hert is getting one of a pale pink coral rose and light green jade beads).

I wonder if She has a festival or something coming up, or if it might be residual from Moomas.  

*duh* !Face-palm!  I just put together the connection between Het-hert and Sekhmet, the recent return of the wandering goddess, and the need for 2 necklaces.

Sometimes I wonder if my brain goes on holiday without me.

Anyway...

Blessings,

Catlin

when I was about to go through back surgery I offered mom "healing stones" since she's a healer- I hung over my bed,an ankh that I made with w/ tablet with the ancient egyptian script for be well, with Carnelian, Lapis Lazuli, and hematite and although my backs not perfect, it's better- Mom liked the amulet I made her- I truly believe that she helped me as well as the amulet
Senebty,
Tutisenu
"Two make me Satisfied"
Danyi
Sat Djehuty her Sekhmet-Mut, meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir

Your hand in my hand,
My soul inspired
My heart in bliss,
Because we go together.~excerpt~Egyptian Love Poem
http://www.facebook.com/Tutisenu  
Nefersenet@aol.com

* Board Stats