collapse collapse

* Donation Status

53%
Current donation status as of April 14, 2021 = $2,027.16 of $2,500
(81%)
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The 42 Purifications  (Read 353529 times)

Re: The 42 Purifications
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2012, 06:45:19 am »
I've been practicing patience recently.  After returning to the House I have decided that Shemsuhood is something I want to persue in, but I want to take it slowly.  I want to make sure it is definately something I want.

When I was buying bits for my shrine I got a bit impatient when it came to finding baking soda and incense because I wanted it 'NOW'!  But now that it's all together and I have time to get back into the swing of things I can relax.

I'm always being told by Netjer to slow down, especially at work.  I also ensure that my tasks at work and home are completed now and then, often making me very tired.  So I will definately practice this Purification :)
Sat Djehuty
Meryt Bast her Aset-Seqert

Read, subscribe and follow me on my WordPress page

Offline GryphonMagi

• Remetj
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2012, 01:06:43 am »
I have finally made it through this post and have found it quite enjoyable. It has given me tons to think about. Raheri, are you still going to be continuing on with it?

Senebty,

Gryphie
Senebty,

GryphonMagi
Remetj

"Be great in act, as you have been in thought."
William Shakespeare

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »
Purification #31
Hail Maker-of-Plans, coming forth from Utent, I am not an eavesdropper.

Snoop. Gossip. Spy.

These are all words that come to mind when I think about eavesdropping. An eavesdropper is a person who listens to conversations, but who isn’t part of that conversation. They listen to get information, which usually tends to be used maliciously. In the temples, secrets were important. Today they still are.

When we eavesdrop or listen to others conversations secretly, we are being deceitful. Basically an eavesdropper is someone who has a lack of trust. Trust is hard to have sometimes in people, communities, and governments. Frequently we say that trust has to be earned. But sometime we just have to take a leap, like with faith, and put our trust in someone or something and not entirely know why. Is it gods, man, money, things, or animals we put our trust in?

The eavesdropper is out of balance with ma’at. They are pushing their own agenda and not flowing with ma’at. They are creating their own heka, which is not necessarily beneficial.

“Heka, word of life, may I never place the seeds of destruction in the ears of my brothers and sisters. May I only create and bring ma’at. May my words, actions, and intent always help, never harm, and become.”
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
that I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Pawabitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2013, 02:41:38 pm »
Em Hotep

It's funny to stumble upon this topic since I just started reading "The Egyptian Book of the Dead" by Wallis Budge. I'll read through the book and this thread simultaniously, this way I'll enjoy the lecture and see thoughts of others about it at the same time. ^^

Eavesdropping. I can see the point because I've been harmed greatly thanks to someone who had been eavesdropping on me, caught only half a sentence and judged me on that. Afterwards that person never paid attention to the truth of my words and what I had actually said.

On the other hand I do it myself. I know I'm out of balance when I do it, that's no secret to me. Still, if I do it, I do it because I am afraid of some sort of ambush, people who act friendly infront of me might actually hold a grudge against me or something. That is my reason why I do eavesdrop sometimes.

Nonetheless I know it is no good and there are better ways to get rid of my fear than by simply following what ever it forces on me. For my personal situation I know what to do, though I can't do it instantly. I'll learn and someday soon overcome my fear without harming my balance. ^^

Senebty
Sa Wesir her Yinepu-Wepwawet mery Sekhmet-Mut

Beware the raging green jql man! (inspired by Tuwerherbastmut )

~I'll stick to the words I said, not to the meaning some want them to hold~

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »
Purification #32
Hail Lord-of-Two-Horns, coming forth from Saunty, I do not talk too much.

We have all seen  them. Those people who love the sound of their own voice. They monopolate time, energy, and conversations of everyone around them. When the conversation ceases, you question yourself they they really said anything at all.

The Ancient Kemetics had much respect for the Silent Man. Throughout the Wisdom literature we can see verses supporting the person who actively listens and learns, over those persons who consistently use empty words. This does not mean suffering in silence. What we need to focus on is using our words appropriately and honestly. So when we do speak, others will listen, knowing what we have to say is truthful, important, and filled with the weighing of the conscious.

"Wepwawet, my voice is the path of creation and destruction. Whatever I issue from it can be the heka of ma'at or isfet. May I ever speak with love, compassion, empathy, support, and wisdom. May my words not harm any of those I love, but only bring us together and not separate."

that I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2014, 10:42:43 am »
Quote from: Raheri

"Wepwawet, my voice is the path of creation and destruction. Whatever I issue from it can be the heka of ma'at or isfet. May I ever speak with love, compassion, empathy, support, and wisdom. May my words not harm any of those I love, but only bring us together and not separate."

I LOVE this heka!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:06 am »
Feel free to use it anytime!

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2014, 04:53:42 am »
I follow the 42 purifications / commandments, because of:
1) "Treat others as you want to be treated"
2) I must have specific rules to follow, so I won't be seduced by the evil of our world.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2014, 02:27:30 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
Quote from: Raheri

I LOVE this heka!

I love it too.

A couple of things I saw on the internet relates to this:

"Words cast spells. That's why it's called SPELLING.  Words are energy.  Use them wisely." -"@desireaspireinspire"

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound together.  All things connect."  - Chief Seattle

Chief Seattle's words to me really get at the gist of ma'at.

I've enjoyed reading this thread, by the way!

Meresankh
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2014, 03:07:39 am »
When I think about it, there is an option of letting one to know his / her place without offending him, when it comes to be offended by this person.

Sometimes I just want to tell the offender everything I think about him / her. But I hold myself back in order to follow the 42 purifications. It's not easy.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2014, 08:22:59 am »
Tangential tech issue, I have this topic added to my "Watched Topics" so it emails me when posts are added, and its been doing that just fine, but then when I come on to the site, it doesn't show the new posts in the "Active Topics"/"Active Posts" listings.  From there it looks like nothing new has been posted, they don't show up in the recent activity. It's like they're in a vacuum.

It's very strange.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:27:09 am by thefisherfool »

Offline GryphonMagi

• Remetj
« Reply #311 on: January 02, 2015, 03:54:43 am »
Hotep!

Raheri, I think it is time to continue with this. I again have been re-reading through.. and caught the last one posted two years ago about impatience. Now I understand that there are times when things get forgotten, or put aside for more important things, but I would love it if you started it back up again. (Netjer forgive me for my impatience  :P) Also, I was wondering, when all the Purifications are eventually posted, would you be able to create a sticky thread with just your posts on them? Your thoughts and prayers are wonderful, and are great for meditations, within and outside of Senut.

Senebty,

Gryph
Remetj
Senebty,

GryphonMagi
Remetj

"Be great in act, as you have been in thought."
William Shakespeare

Offline Mutireshwi

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2015, 10:29:42 pm »
I'll second that, Gryph! This thread has been absolutely wonderful, and I would love to see it continue.
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Bast her Hekatawy | (AUS)

Meryt Djehuty her Heru-sa-Aset

"My Mothers are my joy"

Offline Johnny Charlton

« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2016, 11:21:39 am »
Are we talking about the "42 Principles Of Ma'at ?

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

Offline Johnny Charlton

« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:54 am »
I have "The Egyptian Book Of The Dead" by E.A. Wallis Budge, Published by Penguin Classics

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3405
  • stats Total Posts: 301408
  • stats Total Topics: 20755
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 121
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything