collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The 42 Purifications  (Read 306574 times)

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
Re: The 42 Purifications
« Reply #345 on: July 15, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »
Em hotep,

We're also currently discussing the 42 Purifications at the weekly Thursday Fellowship discussion group. We just discussed this particular one a few days ago :)

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline GugaLopes

• Remetj
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2018, 03:34:53 pm »
Raheri, please continue posting your texts about each Purification, I just read the entire post and this has been very helping!
Thank you so much for this!
"I am All That Has Been, That Is, and That Will Be.
No mortal has yet been able to lift the veil that covers Me."
(Quote found on a statue of Nit at Sais)

Offline GugaLopes

• Remetj
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2018, 08:41:41 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.
"I am All That Has Been, That Is, and That Will Be.
No mortal has yet been able to lift the veil that covers Me."
(Quote found on a statue of Nit at Sais)

Offline Capra

• Beginner
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
From here, a possibility:
http://volunteer.nelson-atkins.org/documents/Docent/Research%20-%20Ancient%20Art%20Docent%20Handbook%20-%20Egyptian%20-%20Aug.%202010.pdf

Assessor God 35 (human-headed)
O Temsep who came forth from Busiris
Spell 125 (Assessor God 35)
O Thou Who Lets None Survive who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled [the King].

Could Temsep be the deity in question? Or is that a title for another?

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:38 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.

I will continue these shortly. I only go to the next one when Netjer inspires me. This whole forum post is a very personal prayer that has encompassed years for me as I continue to commune with god, and I expect to continue for a few more or when Netjer chooses for me to complete it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:25:38 pm by Raheri »
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279843
  • stats Total Topics: 18827
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217