collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The 42 Purifications  (Read 343884 times)

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: The 42 Purifications
« Reply #345 on: July 15, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »
Em hotep,

We're also currently discussing the 42 Purifications at the weekly Thursday Fellowship discussion group. We just discussed this particular one a few days ago :)

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2018, 03:34:53 pm »
Raheri, please continue posting your texts about each Purification, I just read the entire post and this has been very helping!
Thank you so much for this!
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2018, 08:41:41 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
From here, a possibility:
http://volunteer.nelson-atkins.org/documents/Docent/Research%20-%20Ancient%20Art%20Docent%20Handbook%20-%20Egyptian%20-%20Aug.%202010.pdf

Assessor God 35 (human-headed)
O Temsep who came forth from Busiris
Spell 125 (Assessor God 35)
O Thou Who Lets None Survive who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled [the King].

Could Temsep be the deity in question? Or is that a title for another?
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:38 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.

I will continue these shortly. I only go to the next one when Netjer inspires me. This whole forum post is a very personal prayer that has encompassed years for me as I continue to commune with god, and I expect to continue for a few more or when Netjer chooses for me to complete it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:25:38 pm by Raheri »
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Tjehu

• Shemsu
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2019, 02:47:38 pm »
Em hotep
Rahiri, may we continue with the discussions? I'm in beginners class and this is helping tremendously~

Senebty~
Tracie
Tjehumeretseger
"Meretseger's joy"

sat meset Meretseger meryt Yinepu-Wapwawet

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2019, 11:01:16 pm »
Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile the Nisut.

As Lord of Judgement, Wesir is the Netjer who leaves nothing out. He judges all the dead. He is the first of all Nisuts and the one all Nisuts strive to be like. This purification also calls upon Wesir as the Lord of Djedu (also known as Busiris in the Western Delta). This was one of the many burial places of Wesir, but a major cult center like Abdju. However Djedu is most closely linked to Nedit, the place where it is said Wesir drowned.

It is hard for those of us in Western civilization to understand monarchy or spiritual dominion. Asian religions are quite comfortable in the idea of the teacher ruler or guru. A teacher that has dominion over you in some way. However, in our culture not only is this an alien feature but very anathema. We see such rulership as something which cannot be allowed for us to feel fully independent.

Hemet teaches that she would consider this purification as protecting oneself from badmouthing anyone in authority. However, she goes on to say that we are to speak up in the face of abuses of power. To not do so would violate principles of Ma’at in themselves. However, if we think of this purification as protecting ourselves from those times where we have bucked those in authority because they didn’t do what we wanted or expected them to do, is not a reason to use heka against them. Remember from other purifications that speech is powerful, and even saying it to someone; you never thing it would get back to them and it does happen.

This purification teaches me that elders, authority figures, teachers, and parents all require respect as they give it. Cursing and viciousness only brings darkness to one’s own heart and slowly rots us from within. Sometimes even in the face of great suffering, compassion (even in its wrathful form) may be what is needed.

This purification calls on Wesir - who knows all our imperfections and will leave nothing from judgement, even those things we wish were forgotten – to respect those whom we place in authority and to speak out against injustices those in authority have made. For sometimes failure to speak out can be more harmful.

“Wesir, Lord of Djedu, Judge for whom all things are clear.
May my tongue never curse your office.
May my speech always speak of its’ praises.
May my tongue never be silent in the face of oppression and abuses of power.
May I speak out.
When I come and kneel before during my journey,
may all I have said and done, all I have not done or said, be expected and true.
May I be vindicated in the Hall of the Ma’ati, the place of Two Truths, and find home in the Field of Reeds.”

hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2019, 04:01:02 pm »
Purification #35
Hail Working-in-His-Heart, coming forth from Tjebu, I do not wade in waters.

The local god of Tjebu, now modern day Qaw el Kebir located in Upper Kemet, is Nemty (also know as the Hellenized Antaeus). Most of us know Nemty as the netjeri ferryman. He supervises the barque of Sokar and later the barque of Ra. While falcon-headed, Nemty has also been associated with the cult of Heru and thought to be within that entourage. There are times He has been known to sport the head of Set on at least one occasion which would lead one to believe there are some Bawy associations. The name of Working-in-His-Heart can have numerous associations.

Hemet (AUS) describes in her notes that Tjebu had a vary narrow stretch of cultivable land on the Nile. Thereby, making sure the water was clean and useable was of upmost importance. As I began to read about this purification and examine what meaning it can hold for the modern day Kemetics, I got a very ecological feel.

Clean water is life. Without clean water we cannot live. Clean water supports out health, communities, and economy. Think of all the uses of clean water we have in ritual. We bath like the ancient priests before performing senut. We cannot do this with contaminated water for that would not purify us. We unfortunately live in a society and world were clean water is not a given. Communities have impurities in their water affecting the health of their community. Some communities have bacteria contaminated water causing illness. This is not just a problem of a hundred years ago. It occurs today in 1st world nations.

As Kemetics we must take care of the earth, for the earth is our father Geb. We must take care of the atmosphere from pollutants because the sky is our mother Nut.  We must be stewards of the environment, out of respect for Netjer, our ancestors, and our future.

“Nemty, ferryman of the winding waterway, lord of the east bank,
Give me the strength to protect the river.
As water gives life to our arid lands, so it gives life to all living.
Empower me to face the threats that harm the bringer of life and courage to protect what Netjer has given.”

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2019, 05:38:10 pm »
Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile the Nisut.
I think there's not much to say about this, everything you said, Raheri, is exactly what I think.
How we should treat those who are "above" us reflets a lot on how we would act if we were to be in their position, you know? I studied in a school with many disrespectful people with the teachers, and I'm sure that those people would become terrible teachers if they need to do this job someday. So, protection yourself from badmouthing those who are above us, also teaches us to be good people when we got to their place.

Purification #35
Hail Working-in-His-Heart, coming forth from Tjebu, I do not wade in waters.
Interesting enough, yesterday I was talking with a friend of mine about the day that it got dark here in São Paulo at 3pm because of the burning the the Amazon forests. I associated this with the celestial cow myth, where Ra, dissapointed with how humanity was ploting against Him and against His Creation (nature), decided to leave us forever, but He change plans and decided to just get away and live on the skies. I thought to myself that the disapearing of the sun because of the burnings is very symbolic to the myth of Ra leaving.
The friend that I was talking about then told me that there's something called "flying rivers" which is a mass of water caused by the evaporation of the waters from the trees on the amazon forest that flows from there to São Paulo city and makes São Paulo not to become a desert that it should be if there was no Amazon forest (I'm sorry if there's any mistakes in what I'm saying, I'm trying to sumarize it and I'm not an expert hahaha) and he told me that what caused the sun to disapear was the flying river full of ashes from the burning and, for me, this related a lot with this purification: the dirty rivers caused by the isfet of mankind against Creation and nature got to Ra and He disapeared for one day.
We learned from the cosmologies of Kemet that everything came from water, and everything is water. From Nun and the Nile. And nowadays we have the scientific knowledge that water is the life-source from our planet, everything that is alive have any relation to water to survive. And we also know from the ancient egyptians that everything is connected somehow, and if we don't take care of the water around us, we won't be taking care of ourselves.

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2019, 12:33:51 pm »
Clean water is life. Without clean water we cannot live. Clean water supports out health, communities, and economy. Think of all the uses of clean water we have in ritual. We bath like the ancient priests before performing senut. We cannot do this with contaminated water for that would not purify us. We unfortunately live in a society and world were clean water is not a given. Communities have impurities in their water affecting the health of their community. Some communities have bacteria contaminated water causing illness. This is not just a problem of a hundred years ago. It occurs today in 1st world nations.

As Kemetics we must take care of the earth, for the earth is our father Geb. We must take care of the atmosphere from pollutants because the sky is our mother Nut.  We must be stewards of the environment, out of respect for Netjer, our ancestors, and our future.

Exactly.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2019, 02:36:46 pm »
Ma'at includes stewardship of creation. Yes.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2020, 04:25:41 pm »
Purification #36
Hail Ihy, coming forth from the Nun, I do not exalt my own voice.

This purification calls on the melodic Netjer Ihy. Sometimes referred to the Egyptian God of Music (however this is more of a Greek thing than actual Egyptian one), Ihy plays the sistrum. He is the child son of Hethert and Heru or Ra. According to Hemet (AUS) he is lord of volume and sound.

This purification can be interpreted as raising one’s voice or talking over others. To exalt means to hold something in high regard, in this case one’s own speech and voice. I think many times we can think of people who like to hear their own voice. Oftentimes on social media and the internet we see people doing the same thing except the voice is issuing from their fingers. They feel if they talk louder and more, that they will be listened to. The most dangerous thing is when they believe what they have to say is so much more important than whatever anyone else has to say. They feel they may be enlightened or more “woke” than the next person. This can cause problems.  For those who feel they must educate the masses with their knowledge and wisdom, I pull from the Maxims of Ptah-Hotep! There it is written that one should not be conceited about their own knowledge. Not only do the learned and wise offer valuable insight, but so do the ignorant. Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate the wise form the ignorant at times.

Many other purifications have talked about the heka our speech makes (6, 813, 14, 17, 18, 19, and 32). The constant reiteration of speech, albeit through different means, is intrinsic to a Kemetic frame of mind. We cannot bash each other, talk down to each other, gossip about each other, and make our voices exalt over others. We are all shemsu. We are all children of Netjer. Our behavior must show this, otherwise we are just playing around and not serious about our faith and religion.

"Ihy, sweet child of harmony.
Bring harmony to the nation of Kemet.
May always look after our words, tone, and meaning.
Whether those words issue from our mouths or through the written word, we are responsible for what we say.
May we look at other’s speech with patience, kindness, and compassion.
May we believe others come from this place as well.
O Ihy, grant me harmony in all my interactions with he Children of Netjer!"

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2020, 09:50:32 am »
Purification #36 is one that I need to meditate on.

As a voice major who was involved in theatre I am, perhaps, too fond of my own voice. I love reading out loud works that I consider meaningful. I used to be a lector (one who reads passages from the bible during the services) when I was a Christian. I always tried to infuse meaning into each lesson I read.

Yet, those were assigned times to speak. When it comes to general conversation? That takes some more thinking.

I grew up in a family that had serious communication issues. There were expectations about who would say what when. My father was very soft spoken and tended to let my mom do all the talking. Mom's voice would get louder and louder if anyone tried to add their opinion. I learned that if I wanted to be heard, I had to talk over people.

So... if I was comfortable with the people I was talking with, I could be pretty rude and talk right over them. I sensed that if I didn't do so, I would never be heard.

If I wasn't comfortable, say at work, I would just keep my mouth shut, even when I thought I had something worthwhile to add.

It has taken me a long time to understand what communication really is... both in the sense of me expressing myself and letting others express themselves. Not making assumptions about what people think so that I don't think that listening to them is unimportant.

To be able to be truly present and hear what someone else says is both a gift to them and a gift to myself, because having a chance to see another perspective or truly know someone else can be life changing.

Discernment of when to speak and when to not speak, when to listen and when not to listen, is really important.

I don't generally read social media because of the lack I perceive of real communication. Soapboxes don't entertain me and, I think, rarely educate me.

Sharing the thoughts of our hearts? That has become more and more important to me.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Rev. Raheri.

Tjesi
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2020, 07:58:35 pm »
Purification #37

Hail Wadjet of the people, coming forth from Sau, I do not revile Netjer.

According to Hemet (AUS), this is Wadjet of the subjects of Kemet. This is us, the shemsu and remetj of Kemet. This is the form of the goddess we can all relate to. She can appear as a cobra or lioness. She is also associated with Aset. Personally, I have only experienced Her as a protector, generally of the Nisut (as seen on the crown) or secrets of the priesthood. This Purification helps me to think of Her in a different light. When we look to Wadjet we should see Her a protectress of us all and as well of the religion of Kemet.

Sau is in the delta region of the Nile and is the 5th Nome of Lower Kemet. It is associated with Nit and a burial place for Wesir. Sau is also a protective heka. Currently this can be learned from out Nisut (AUS) on her Patreon account.

I believe that if any of use truly reviled Netjer, we would not be here. For such a thing would be anathema to our purpose. However, there can be times when a mild form of this can creep into our minds. To revile something is to criticize it in an angry or abusive manner. Let’s look in our hearts. Have there been times when something is not going well, where we have angrily talked to Netjer? Do we blame Netjer for the bad things that happen in our life? Do we feel the gods are punishing us? We all can slip into thought like this from time to time. It is human nature. But we can strive above these difficulties. Netjer in not like the god of Abrahamic religions. We do not believe in omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent entities. They are gods, but they cannot oppose ma’at, for they live from it.

“O Wadjet, drive all isfet from Netjer.
May our Shrines be protected, both personal and State.
May the religion of Kemetic Orthodoxy be safe from any whom would harm the work that we do.
May I always remember that even Netjer is subject to ma’at, always.”

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
The 42 Purifications
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2020, 09:11:37 pm »
Purification #38

Hail Nehebkau, coming forth from his cavern, I do not cause grief.

Nehebkau is a serpentine god with associations with Serqet, Geb, and Ra. In the aspect of the purifications, Nehebkau is a protector of the dead, personal guard of Wesir, possessor of ancestral heka, and protector and sustainer of the reverend dead. Water serpents, such as Nehebkau, are seen across various cultures and possess specialized magics.

Grief is the causing of emotional overload in the form of sadness, loneliness, which slowly brings about hopelessness. Physically grief can overwhelm us with fatigue, problems sleeping, difficultly concentrating, and cause neurocognition issues. Grief just isn’t the feeling we have when a significant loss occurs in our life, but grief can also refer to the phrase “causing someone grief.” This describes injuring someone (both physical and emotional) or using our words to bully them.

We have spoken frequently of our words being heka. Whether they are in words, writing, or even artistic expressions. Nehebkau reminds us that our words should bring us closer and not divide. Our words should bring community and not separation.

“Nehebkau, guardian spirit of my akhu,
May I not be a cause of grief to those around me.
May I instead bring that healing that issue from You.
May I give food and life to my akhu through Your heka.
May I bring this healing, feeding, and peace to all those I encounter in all my days.”

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3261
  • stats Total Posts: 298706
  • stats Total Topics: 20483
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955