Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The 42 Purifications  (Read 319295 times)

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: The 42 Purifications
« Reply #345 on: July 15, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »
Em hotep,

We're also currently discussing the 42 Purifications at the weekly Thursday Fellowship discussion group. We just discussed this particular one a few days ago :)

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2018, 03:34:53 pm »
Raheri, please continue posting your texts about each Purification, I just read the entire post and this has been very helping!
Thank you so much for this!
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
For short Hepetwi
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2018, 08:41:41 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.
For short Hepetwi

l Sau apprentice l

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
From here, a possibility:
http://volunteer.nelson-atkins.org/documents/Docent/Research%20-%20Ancient%20Art%20Docent%20Handbook%20-%20Egyptian%20-%20Aug.%202010.pdf

Assessor God 35 (human-headed)
O Temsep who came forth from Busiris
Spell 125 (Assessor God 35)
O Thou Who Lets None Survive who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled [the King].

Could Temsep be the deity in question? Or is that a title for another?
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebethet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:38 pm »
So... I'll try to continue this.

Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile authority.

(in another edition I have of the purifications it is said to be "O thou who lets none survive, who came forth from Busiris, I have not reviled (the king).")

I confess I don't know who is this confession talking to, maybe to Wesir himself (Not leaving nothing out... of the duat?), but the meaning of this is very clear to me: Respect those who you must respect and follow the laws you should follow - all in Ma'at.

I will continue these shortly. I only go to the next one when Netjer inspires me. This whole forum post is a very personal prayer that has encompassed years for me as I continue to commune with god, and I expect to continue for a few more or when Netjer chooses for me to complete it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:25:38 pm by Raheri »
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline Tjehu

• Shemsu
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2019, 02:47:38 pm »
Em hotep
Rahiri, may we continue with the discussions? I'm in beginners class and this is helping tremendously~

Senebty~
Tracie
Tjehumeretseger
"Meretseger's joy"

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2019, 11:01:16 pm »
Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile the Nisut.

As Lord of Judgement, Wesir is the Netjer who leaves nothing out. He judges all the dead. He is the first of all Nisuts and the one all Nisuts strive to be like. This purification also calls upon Wesir as the Lord of Djedu (also known as Busiris in the Western Delta). This was one of the many burial places of Wesir, but a major cult center like Abdju. However Djedu is most closely linked to Nedit, the place where it is said Wesir drowned.

It is hard for those of us in Western civilization to understand monarchy or spiritual dominion. Asian religions are quite comfortable in the idea of the teacher ruler or guru. A teacher that has dominion over you in some way. However, in our culture not only is this an alien feature but very anathema. We see such rulership as something which cannot be allowed for us to feel fully independent.

Hemet teaches that she would consider this purification as protecting oneself from badmouthing anyone in authority. However, she goes on to say that we are to speak up in the face of abuses of power. To not do so would violate principles of Ma’at in themselves. However, if we think of this purification as protecting ourselves from those times where we have bucked those in authority because they didn’t do what we wanted or expected them to do, is not a reason to use heka against them. Remember from other purifications that speech is powerful, and even saying it to someone; you never thing it would get back to them and it does happen.

This purification teaches me that elders, authority figures, teachers, and parents all require respect as they give it. Cursing and viciousness only brings darkness to one’s own heart and slowly rots us from within. Sometimes even in the face of great suffering, compassion (even in its wrathful form) may be what is needed.

This purification calls on Wesir - who knows all our imperfections and will leave nothing from judgement, even those things we wish were forgotten – to respect those whom we place in authority and to speak out against injustices those in authority have made. For sometimes failure to speak out can be more harmful.

“Wesir, Lord of Djedu, Judge for whom all things are clear.
May my tongue never curse your office.
May my speech always speak of its’ praises.
May my tongue never be silent in the face of oppression and abuses of power.
May I speak out.
When I come and kneel before during my journey,
may all I have said and done, all I have not done or said, be expected and true.
May I be vindicated in the Hall of the Ma’ati, the place of Two Truths, and find home in the Field of Reeds.”

Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2019, 04:01:02 pm »
Purification #35
Hail Working-in-His-Heart, coming forth from Tjebu, I do not wade in waters.

The local god of Tjebu, now modern day Qaw el Kebir located in Upper Kemet, is Nemty (also know as the Hellenized Antaeus). Most of us know Nemty as the netjeri ferryman. He supervises the barque of Sokar and later the barque of Ra. While falcon-headed, Nemty has also been associated with the cult of Heru and thought to be within that entourage. There are times He has been known to sport the head of Set on at least one occasion which would lead one to believe there are some Bawy associations. The name of Working-in-His-Heart can have numerous associations.

Hemet (AUS) describes in her notes that Tjebu had a vary narrow stretch of cultivable land on the Nile. Thereby, making sure the water was clean and useable was of upmost importance. As I began to read about this purification and examine what meaning it can hold for the modern day Kemetics, I got a very ecological feel.

Clean water is life. Without clean water we cannot live. Clean water supports out health, communities, and economy. Think of all the uses of clean water we have in ritual. We bath like the ancient priests before performing senut. We cannot do this with contaminated water for that would not purify us. We unfortunately live in a society and world were clean water is not a given. Communities have impurities in their water affecting the health of their community. Some communities have bacteria contaminated water causing illness. This is not just a problem of a hundred years ago. It occurs today in 1st world nations.

As Kemetics we must take care of the earth, for the earth is our father Geb. We must take care of the atmosphere from pollutants because the sky is our mother Nut.  We must be stewards of the environment, out of respect for Netjer, our ancestors, and our future.

“Nemty, ferryman of the winding waterway, lord of the east bank,
Give me the strength to protect the river.
As water gives life to our arid lands, so it gives life to all living.
Empower me to face the threats that harm the bringer of life and courage to protect what Netjer has given.”

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2019, 05:38:10 pm »
Purification #34
Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu, I do not revile the Nisut.
I think there's not much to say about this, everything you said, Raheri, is exactly what I think.
How we should treat those who are "above" us reflets a lot on how we would act if we were to be in their position, you know? I studied in a school with many disrespectful people with the teachers, and I'm sure that those people would become terrible teachers if they need to do this job someday. So, protection yourself from badmouthing those who are above us, also teaches us to be good people when we got to their place.

Purification #35
Hail Working-in-His-Heart, coming forth from Tjebu, I do not wade in waters.
Interesting enough, yesterday I was talking with a friend of mine about the day that it got dark here in São Paulo at 3pm because of the burning the the Amazon forests. I associated this with the celestial cow myth, where Ra, dissapointed with how humanity was ploting against Him and against His Creation (nature), decided to leave us forever, but He change plans and decided to just get away and live on the skies. I thought to myself that the disapearing of the sun because of the burnings is very symbolic to the myth of Ra leaving.
The friend that I was talking about then told me that there's something called "flying rivers" which is a mass of water caused by the evaporation of the waters from the trees on the amazon forest that flows from there to São Paulo city and makes São Paulo not to become a desert that it should be if there was no Amazon forest (I'm sorry if there's any mistakes in what I'm saying, I'm trying to sumarize it and I'm not an expert hahaha) and he told me that what caused the sun to disapear was the flying river full of ashes from the burning and, for me, this related a lot with this purification: the dirty rivers caused by the isfet of mankind against Creation and nature got to Ra and He disapeared for one day.
We learned from the cosmologies of Kemet that everything came from water, and everything is water. From Nun and the Nile. And nowadays we have the scientific knowledge that water is the life-source from our planet, everything that is alive have any relation to water to survive. And we also know from the ancient egyptians that everything is connected somehow, and if we don't take care of the water around us, we won't be taking care of ourselves.
For short Hepetwi

l Sau apprentice l

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2019, 12:33:51 pm »
Clean water is life. Without clean water we cannot live. Clean water supports out health, communities, and economy. Think of all the uses of clean water we have in ritual. We bath like the ancient priests before performing senut. We cannot do this with contaminated water for that would not purify us. We unfortunately live in a society and world were clean water is not a given. Communities have impurities in their water affecting the health of their community. Some communities have bacteria contaminated water causing illness. This is not just a problem of a hundred years ago. It occurs today in 1st world nations.

As Kemetics we must take care of the earth, for the earth is our father Geb. We must take care of the atmosphere from pollutants because the sky is our mother Nut.  We must be stewards of the environment, out of respect for Netjer, our ancestors, and our future.

Exactly.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2019, 02:36:46 pm »
Ma'at includes stewardship of creation. Yes.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

* Most Recent Topics

topic What's your favorite Holiday?
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Tasedjebbast
Today at 12:29:34 am
topic What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
tewidarma
November 19, 2019, 02:35:29 pm
topic Hi! I'm back
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]