Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The 42 Purifications  (Read 343319 times)

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: The 42 Purifications
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2020, 05:29:58 pm »
Thank you, Rev Raheri.
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #361 on: September 07, 2020, 12:20:12 pm »
Purification #39

Hail Neheb-nefret, coming forth from his cavern, I do not cancel the offering cakes of Netjer.

The cavern is a very mystical place in Ancient Kemet. From caverns, the waters of the Nile flowed. From caverns, gods were reborn and transfigured. This purification calls to a specific spirit that I am quite ignorant of. Hemet (AUS) translates this spirit’s name as “One who Harnesses Good Things.” So in essence, this spirit would control good things. Who doesn’t want to be on the side of, and a favorite of a spirit, who can control good things to come to oneself? This spirit helps use not to take back good things that we freely give. In the case of this purification, we specifically are talking about offerings given to the gods.

We all are aware that giving offerings to the gods is a good thing. Once the god has used these offerings, they revert back to us (through the standard formula given in Senut) and we too are able to partake of them. Whether or not this developed culturally because of the large amount of food being given to the temple or because it was deemed by the king that the priesthood should be fed with these offerings, the idea of giving something to god for favors bestowed, are among many cultures.

While we may believe this is the offering process, I would venture that the actual process begins when we start thinking about the offerings. This is when Neheb-nefret begins to work. We can call out to him to assist in obtaining what needs to be. It puts our intention first, before we even physically do it.

Neheb-nefret helps remind us that we should always value the food we have. Food makes a long journey to us and some food we put the time and energy into growing ourselves. Think about all the people, animals, and places that your food is interconnected with. With your offering, not only are you receiving Netjer’s blessing, but you are allowing all the others interconnected with your food to share in it as well.

“Neheb-nefret, you who controls good things.
May I receive the good you have in abundance.
May I only give that which is good and pure to the gods.
May I never fail to bless my food with Netjer’s presence.”
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2020, 01:20:49 pm »
Purification #39

Neheb-nefret helps remind us that we should always value the food we have. Food makes a long journey to us and some food we put the time and energy into growing ourselves. Think about all the people, animals, and places that your food is interconnected with.

We saw via PBS a program called "The Colorado".  (Highly recommended by the way.)  One of its musically enhanced segments showed the farm workers whose efforts are fed with water from the Colorado.  They showed lettuce pickers and date gatherers (which are both grown here in Yuma).  I was glad to be reminded of the workers efforts.   When I give thanks for my food, I will remember and thank these workers.

Dua Neheb-nefret!

Senebty,
Neheh
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2020, 04:02:14 pm »
Thank you, Reverend Raheri. #38 and #39 were especially relevant to me today. *henu*
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #364 on: September 08, 2020, 03:53:31 pm »
These are beautiful and in recent times very relevant. I appreciate this so much!
|𓐛𓊃𓄣𓅓𓃤|
Gezemyinepu|"Anointed by Yinepu"
𓃤 𓃕 𓃨
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet | Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
☥|Sau Apprentice|☥

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
The 42 Purifications
« Reply #365 on: September 19, 2020, 06:03:33 pm »
Purification #40

Hail Holy-of-head, coming forth from his shrine, I do not carry away the offering cakes from the Akhu.

In this purification we ask for the assistance of Holy-of-head, also known as Tcheser-tep. Tcheser-tep was a serpent-like creature that was known for attacking the deceased within their tombs. The Book of the Dead includes spells to destroy this spirit from harming the deceased. Many serpent demons are described in this text with formulas to protect the dead from their destruction. As to why we are invoking this spirit in this instance is beyond my understanding. I can only find one reference bedsides the 42 Purifications from the tomb of Unas. However my opinion is that through placating this serpent we protect our ancestors and our own selves from annihilation.

Taking offerings already given to the ancestors is abhorrent and offensive to those spirits. Hemet states that just like we do not take offerings away from Netjer, we do not take them from our ancestors. To do so, would remove their favor and cause difficulty in our lives. Once an offering is given, it is theirs until you remove it from your ancestor shrine and place it into nature.

Wesir’s shrine here in Illinois is named Nekhen Sedjemiu Akhu (translated as the Shrine where the Ancestors are Heard). My priesthood has always focused on the ancestors and helping others connect to them and hear their messages. If you ever have any questions for the ancestors, I will do my best to help you communicate with or find they best way to do that.

“I offer this prayer to my Akhu, those whom are closer to me than Netjer.
I ask for you guidance, compassion, assistance, and love.
Help me to heal the hurt and pain in my own family.
Help me to feel your presence in my life.
May I always honor your names, and evoke you in my memories.
You are part of me, as I am part of you.
May I rejoice with you once again when I too join your following in Amenti.”

hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Ewe

• Beginner
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2020, 03:17:26 pm »
Thank you, Rev Raheri. I’ve very much been enjoying your commentary on the purifications. May I use your Akhu prayer in my own Akhu prayers?

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2020, 12:18:36 pm »
Thank you, Rev Raheri. I’ve very much been enjoying your commentary on the purifications. May I use your Akhu prayer in my own Akhu prayers?
I am fine with you using any of the prayers in your personal practice. Please don't post online or in any publications. The prayers are linked to my blog and you may share that link if you wish. Thanks.

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2020, 01:59:19 pm »
Thank you so much for doing these. <3 it will be interesting to see if any more information surfaces re: Tcheser-tep.
Sat Aset-Serqet
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2020, 03:12:04 pm »
Thank you so much for this Rev. Haheri, I really adore your thoughts and prayers.
I managed to find Tcheser-tep on the LAGG (I think it would be more appropriate to call him Djeser-Tep), it says He follows Wesir, punishes the deceased who needs to be punished and also rises the head of those who are justified. I translated it with google translator help, so it's not the best:

Dsr-tp "The one with his head raised"
volume 7, page 665

Iconography:
A. HUMAN SHAPE
a) Crouching God with a human head
b) Standing God who holds a knife in both hands
B. SNAKE-SHAPED:
a) Crouching god with snake head
b) Tang-headed God holding a knife in both hands
c) Coiled serpent
d) snake carrying a baboon's head on its snakehead
e) Human-headed snake sitting on a pedestal

Member of groups of gods:
A. a) Third of six protective gods in the connection Dsr-tp- * xnty-wTst
b) Fourth of eight Sbtyw gods
c) 2nd and 14th of 14 gods who follow Wesir (nTrw-imyw-xt-wsir)
d) 40th or 41st of the 42 judges of the dead in the connection HfAw-*pr-m-[...], var. Dsr-tp.f-*pr-m-bw.f, var. Dsr-tp-*pr-m-kAr(.), var. Dsr-tp-*pr-m-Tpxt.
B. a) 49th in a group of gods

Functions:
A. TITLE OF GODS:
a) Title of the sun god
B. IN RELATION TO THE DECEASED:
a) He should guard an unspecified group for the deceased (sAw) and fend them off for him (xsf).
b) He should distance himself from the deceased and not endanger them
c) He makes the head of the deceased Dsr
d) The deceased assures him that his claims were not greater than his property (n wr xrt.i n is miHr xt.i etc.), or that he did not rise above others
C. AS HARMFUL DEITY:
a) He bites (psH) the child (nwn)
D. AS PROTECTIVE DEITY:
a) He. protects the secret chamber with the iry-dnd snake (wsxt StAt)
E. WITH GEOGRAPHICAL REFERENCE:
a) Designation of the god of the 17th o.ä. Gaues (upper/lowe Egypt Nome?)
F. OTHER:
a) He lives from the voices of the gods and those who are on earth. He enters and exits (iw.f pr.f aK.f) by conveying the needs of the living to the great God daily without being seen
b) To whom the dignities (saHw) the Hethert will give
c) Mafdet jumped on his neck
d) He watches (nhs) over the one with a keen heart (dm-ib), who (was) escaped from him
e) A patient with a headache comes with a report (wpt) from Djehuty for Dsr-tp
f) The reciter was born in his House (pr)
g) On behalf of a domain
h) In a spell
i) Under a number of snake names

Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2020, 06:15:18 pm »
Asethepetwi: That is excellent info! <3

FYI the line with '17th o.a.(ober ägypten) Gaues'  is 17th nome of Upper Egypt.
'u.a. Gaues' is Lower Egyptian ('unter ägypten') nome
Sat Aset-Serqet
Zep-Tepi Class of 53

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298636
  • stats Total Topics: 20476
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955