Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES  (Read 1609043 times)

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES
« Reply #1065 on: December 31, 2019, 07:59:50 am »
I love the desk you are using for your shrine Nawosru!

And I will add we do have a naos builder in the House as well: Khaiptah.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Nawosru

• Shemsu
« Reply #1066 on: January 01, 2020, 01:33:36 am »

Yaaaay!  But if Khaiptah does it then I won’t have a pretext to get in deeply over my head and have too many additional hobbies?

In all seriousness, I love love love how much talent the house is endowed with.  There is so much talent, so much good here!  And that keeping-it-in-the-family ethos is very nice.  If I were smart, I’d find somebody to do it for me, or teach me.
"These (two) Powerful Ones"
Child of Wepwawet-Yinepu and Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Aset-Serqet and Set

Offline Nawosru

• Shemsu
« Reply #1067 on: January 01, 2020, 01:36:28 am »
Beautiful shrine, Nawosru!  I can feel the love in it.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Em hotep Neheh!

In my exit interview from my beginner class, I was told that if and when I elected to go through RPD, it would be a changing thing, it would be A Big Deal.  It was, it was tremendously affirming, but also added so many questions and so much wonder.. but also love, because I was floored by the things I learned.

What you’re seeing there is me, BARELY, sorta, crudely, trying to echo out some of that love. :). Thank you, I appreciate the compliment, I know I’m on the right track if you see that love!

Senebty,

—N

Offline Nawosru

• Shemsu
« Reply #1068 on: January 01, 2020, 01:45:25 am »

Funny thing about that desk, by the way. That was formerly my reed-making desk - I’m a bassoonist.. and it was slated to get donated or sold when I’d moved my tools to a different bench, and it’s been sitting in the “drive in the donations” hallway for literally a year.  I was pondering, pondering, pondering, what to do for a shrine space, as I’d decided I wanted something with a gradine like that, and three, four days ago, boom.  It hit me:  Netjer gifted me with.. a thing that I already had, that I didn’t have to spend any money on.. better though, that it was connected, with prior use, to my favorite calling, music.  I love it when those synchronicities, those little gifts happen.

Offline Emseneteraset

« Reply #1069 on: January 01, 2020, 01:59:31 am »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:59:11 pm by Emseneteraset »
No longer a member of Kemetic Orthodoxy.

Offline Ibaienhethertnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #1070 on: January 02, 2020, 04:27:13 pm »
This is all I have so far, but I have a silver-coated jackal headed statue coming from Egypt that will be an icon for Wepwawet and will also be making some.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2785140811547954&set=a.677913435604046&type=3&theater

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #1071 on: January 02, 2020, 05:29:17 pm »
Nice shrine!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, Heru wer, and Wesir

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Nawosru

• Shemsu
« Reply #1072 on: January 06, 2020, 12:51:56 am »
This is all I have so far, but I have a silver-coated jackal headed statue coming from Egypt that will be an icon for Wepwawet and will also be making some.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2785140811547954&set=a.677913435604046&type=3&theater

I love those beautiful green ceramic vessels!

It's a beautiful work in progress!! It's hard to find stuff that just works, isn't it?

Offline Dja'awy

• Shemsu
« Reply #1073 on: January 09, 2020, 08:00:56 pm »
Em hotep!
I am still building a shrine and looking for the best pieces for the space I have... I was wondering about how to represent different Names in the shrine if there is limited space available? I have two statuettes so far but I feel drawn to include more Names still. Is it ok to visualize them in the mind's eye?

Thank you in advance!  :)
"juh-AH-wee"
Daughter of Set and Djehuty
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-wer, and Wepwawet-Ra

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #1074 on: January 11, 2020, 07:29:37 pm »
Update to my shrine(s), really coming along since we moved into this new place/city. I'm going to be retooling everything to include my Akhu shrine in the bottom of the main table so I'm not done yet.

Em hotep!
I am still building a shrine and looking for the best pieces for the space I have... I was wondering about how to represent different Names in the shrine if there is limited space available? I have two statuettes so far but I feel drawn to include more Names still. Is it ok to visualize them in the mind's eye?

Thank you in advance!  :)

It is absolutely, positively OK to visualize them in your mind's eye, and in fact I would call this more important than ever having a physical object in front of us. Because even with physical objects, if we're not knowing and understanding and listening to Netjer and our Names in our mind and our heart, then a physical object is just a pretty piece of decoration, nothing more.

Netjer does not mind if you have a small space or a small/sparse shrine :) It's not about what you have, it's about how you use it. Actually I have a little plaque hanging over my Senut shrine in the above photo and it says: Gratitude turns what we have, into Enough.

And I believe it :)

That all being said... sometimes, a Name (be it One who will claim you later or not) comes along and just demands specific things and certain items, so don't be at all shocked if while listening to the Gods, they might come to you with some specific requests for Their space  ;D But no One is going to require of you anything more than what you are capable of providing.

I was just mentioning in another thread that my Senut shrine is almost completely bare (in the above photo it is in fact void of any icons at all), and that's because I really focus on Netjer as a whole and the balance of Ma'at in my Senut practice as much as I can, and then my Father has His own shrine going on that He really loves that is for every-day/all-day/any time of day use. And that's kind of how I do things personally.

~ Nesi
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet" 𓃧‬
sat Wepwawet-Yinepu
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Fedw for my Father | Beginner's Class 2001

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #1075 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:03 pm »
Just took this picture tonight~ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/341768274947604490/665758452257128490/image0.jpg
from a fun looking up angle haha
"Yinepu heals me" - Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet Beloved of Amun-Ra, Heru-Wer and Sokar-Wesir

Sau apprentice

Offline Dja'awy

• Shemsu
« Reply #1076 on: January 13, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »
Thanks! The pictures and perspectives really help! 💓
"juh-AH-wee"

Offline Sobekemiti

« Reply #1077 on: February 16, 2020, 02:46:00 am »
Just finished doing my state of the shrines post for this year, in case anyone wants to see what my current shrines look like now: https://persebek.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/state-of-the-shrines-2020/

It's really just my Kemetic shrine, and a little Hellenic shrine for lunar rites, and it's honestly nice to have such a simple set-up than in previous years where I've ended up with four or five different working shrines. Another reason I'm glad to have stopped wandering! That much shrine work is exhausting. XD
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') - Genderfluid (they/them)
Graeco-Kemetic Polytheist, Scribe, Sau Apprentice
sa/t Sobek Shedety
mery/t Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet

Offline Dja'awy

• Shemsu
« Reply #1078 on: February 17, 2020, 07:08:24 am »
Wow! You have such a big space for so many important relics! Did it take a while to collect what you have?
"juh-AH-wee"

Offline Sobekemiti

« Reply #1079 on: February 17, 2020, 07:19:48 am »
@Teiwaz, yeah it did. I've been at this path for 20 years, so I've had plenty of time to get statuary and other things. There's a lot that's not even out though. I have some statuary in the bathroom, and another three boxes in the linen cupboard. XD But every piece is loved and important so it's worth the time to track down the right things for me and my gods.
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') - Genderfluid (they/them)
Graeco-Kemetic Polytheist, Scribe, Sau Apprentice
sa/t Sobek Shedety
mery/t Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3182
  • stats Total Posts: 296034
  • stats Total Topics: 20235
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955