collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 68
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES  (Read 1565564 times)

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES
« Reply #570 on: August 26, 2011, 05:15:00 pm »
Welcome.  

Actually Nut was depicted as a winged woman with no headdress. So those statues marked as "Isis" with wings and no headdress could be easily used for Nut especially the black ones (you could paint stars on it).  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra her Mut

Offline Wesirempet

• Shemsu
« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »
Hmm that is a nice idea :) I think it depends what I think when I see the statue. If I see it and think 'Isis!' I might struggle relating it to Nut. But then if I can paint one that would be lovely!
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nut, Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet!

**O Nut! How mighty is your heart!**

Offline ZabetRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #572 on: September 04, 2011, 01:05:37 pm »
I just completed my travel shrine. I'm using a drawing that Ibu did for me of my Father as my icon. I shrank it down on the computer so it would be small enough to use in this small shrine :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/SBolick/CIMG4630.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/SBolick/CIMG4634.jpg
Senebty,
ZabetRa | "Ra's Dignity"

Sat Ra her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast-Mut, Djehuty, her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Ankh, Udja, Seneb

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #573 on: September 04, 2011, 03:22:12 pm »
Wow, what a drawing!
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

Offline ZabetRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #574 on: September 04, 2011, 03:33:18 pm »
Quote from: Tarekbast
Wow, what a drawing!

Isn't it!? I love it, the original is stunning =D
Senebty,
ZabetRa | "Ra's Dignity"

Ankh, Udja, Seneb

Offline IbuPtah

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
Zabetra,
I am honored you chose to use it for your shrine, now I guess I know a little of how Michaelangelo felt after decorating the Sistine chapel ;)

I hoppe it serves you well!
Sa Ptah-Sokar
Mery Amun-Ra, Sekhmet-Hetheret, her Nebethet-Nit-Seshat
Fedw Diviner for PtahSokar

Offline ZabetRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #576 on: September 08, 2011, 10:30:48 pm »
Quote from: IbuPtah
Zabetra,
I am honored you chose to use it for your shrine, now I guess I know a little of how Michaelangelo felt after decorating the Sistine chapel ;)

I hoppe it serves you well!

:D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:31:10 pm by Zabetra »
Senebty,
ZabetRa | "Ra's Dignity"

Ankh, Udja, Seneb

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2011, 05:30:45 am »
Zabetra,That's a beautiful picture! :)
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Offline Setken

« Reply #578 on: September 27, 2011, 08:56:21 am »
I have finally completed my Shrine Seal that I mentioned in earlier posts here and on the KIN boards. http://setkenblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/shrine-seal-kemetic-ritual-objects.html

Offline Yineputjeheni

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #579 on: October 04, 2011, 03:49:39 pm »
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/fempred/Netjeru/shrine_closed.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/fempred/Netjeru/shrine_open.jpg

I have nosy neighbors, hence the purple scarf.  Can't keep the blinds closed because of my plants.
sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Aset-Serqet her Nut

"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live."  -Josh Homme

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #580 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:13 pm »
Is that some Ivar shelving I see? My shrine is housed in Ivar too, only I've got a cabinet to keep curious little eyes and hands from exploring too much. :)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Yineputjeheni

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #581 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:41 pm »
I don't know what it is- it came with our house.  The Netjeru seem to like it better than the plastic-coated particle board bookshelf I used to use.  :)
sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Aset-Serqet her Nut

"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live."  -Josh Homme

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #582 on: October 14, 2011, 03:13:49 am »
As I mentioned in another post, I've recently relocated. Due to personal circumstances, I had to leave behind 97% of my possessions. This included a number of statues and other icons of the Names I work with (Bast, Sekhmet, Wesir, Shu), as well as other sacred items including the wood box made by my father which housed a travel shrine.

My Wicca teacher (I practice a synthesis of traditions) has advised me to cut energetic cords to these items. This is so that my exhusband (in whose dwelling I ended up leaving the items, and with whom I do not get along) is unable to use them to manipulate me in any way. I have done so. I have had some concerns about what he will do with these sacred items. But I am trying to remind myself that if he desecrates or disrespects them, it is his fault, not mine.

Currently I'm in a living space with very limited room, and for personal reasons have taken a vow not to accumulate Items or Possessions. This will preclude acquiring more statues. So I am looking forward to finding creative ways to set up a shrine for ritual purposes when I need it.

With me I have: a statue of Hethert (my Mother) in Her form as a cow, and a small color picture of Sekhmet. I also have a Shen of Sekhmet, which I was thinking of re-homing with some fellow worshipper of Her, but now I think I'll keep it for the time being.

But it looks like I may be doing increasing work with my Beloved, Sokar-Wesir. Since I have no physical depictions of Him, I'm having a friend print out a picture depiction of Him from the Wepwawet Wiki along with another one I found online.

My goal is to have very simple items available, with which I can make a simple shrine as I need it. There are always candles and incense about, and that makes it feel proper to me. (I haven't any natron, but that's ok as I don't tend to do a proper Senut anyway... one reason I stepped down from Shemsuhood to being a Divined Remetj.)

Next time I set up my shrine I will post a picture!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:14:21 am by Aashemmuti »
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

« Reply #583 on: October 27, 2011, 08:52:29 am »
Sorry it's a little blurry, but this is my shrine for now. From Our Left to Right is Bast, Iset, Set, and Anpu

My Current Shrine  

« Reply #584 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:46 am »
@ Aashemmuti

Good for you! I can only imagine how hard that is. I'm in a current situation where I am in the process of preparing to get out of dodge and my shrine items are the most important thing to me of my possessions. I would be heart broken if I had to leave them behind. It's not because they are "pretty" or "neat" but we form those connections to them, they aren't objects...

I know when I do get out of here I'll have to spend a lot of time cleaning the energies that they have built here so that they have wholesome energy to share in my new home.

You have a strength that I really admire and that I hope I have in the next few weeks to continue where I am going.

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3019
  • stats Total Posts: 289950
  • stats Total Topics: 19673
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything