collapse collapse

* Donation Status

19%
Current donation status as of February 28, 2021 = $463.18 of $2,500
19%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Bes  (Read 51030 times)

Re: Bes
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2010, 11:38:11 pm »
I think I've talked more to Khusi about my Father than anyone else. There was a time I was kind of going, "Why don't I get the laughing, dancing Bes" and he said, "Because that's already in you."

Him trying to teach you to laugh & dance would be like someone trying to teach a fish to swim.  :D :D
Oddly, the few times I've connected with Him, I get the musician - tambourine and hand-drum.  Apparently, I need to make more noise.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Khusisokar »
--[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar[/color] ('Sokar Stirs')
Son of [color:#6600CC] Sokar-Wesir [/color] and [color:red]Hekatawy I[/color] (AUS!)
Beloved of[color:#3333FF] Nefertem,[/color][color:#009900] Min,[/color] and[color:#663300] Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color]

*Fedw diviner for [color:#6600CC] Sokar[/color]*

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »
A thought on different forms of communication after overhearing a conversation between two people:

"Why do you call my cellphone over and over again, back to back?"
"Because that's the only way to get you to pick up and answer the phone."
"So the bodhisattva saves all beings, not by preaching sermons to them, but by showing them that they are delivered, they are liberated, by the act of not being able to stop changing." - Alan Watts

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2010, 08:37:33 am »
Sorry to keep reviving this dead horse, but I was talking to a buddy of mine about how I kind of had to throw down and break up a screaming match the other day, complete with finger pointing and dressings-down and seriousface.  Seriously, if Tek has to tell you what you're doing is completely inappropriate, there's something seriously wrong :P

But anyway, my friend said this and it felt entirely appropriate to the discussion of my Father:

"There's something about the jovial ones that makes the smart people want them to keep laughing."
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2010, 08:44:04 am »
Quote from: Bestekeni

"There's something about the jovial ones that makes the smart people want them to keep laughing."

Ahhh...this makes alot of sense to me. In that, people are always quite startled when I get "seriousface"....hmmm...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3349
  • stats Total Posts: 300677
  • stats Total Topics: 20684
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything