Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 76
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Patron Gods  (Read 8441 times)

Re: Patron Gods
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 01:58:19 pm »
Oh, and, honestly, ALL of the gods are protective.  Some of them you think of immediately for that job (mom) and others, not so much, but they're all gods.  They're all entities with immense amounts of power and a willingness to help us out.  (They frequently don't help us in the way we'd like...)
Child of Sekhmet-HetHert, Beloved of Amun-Ra and Khonsu

¿Que es la vida? Un frenesí.
Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
Una sombra, una ficción,
Que el mayor bien,  es pequeño;
Que toda la vida es sueño,
Y los sueños, sueños son

Offline MeritAset

• Shemsu
Re: Patron Gods
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:42 pm »
 [color:#CC0000] The site below specifies the tomb of a possibly the first recorded gay couple:
http://www.egyptology.com/niankhkhnum_khnumhotep/floorplan.html
(Click on the embrace picture listed to see)
Or they could have been just brothers or good friends, but none the less it could be possible[/color]

This argument or debate rather, has been around for a while. Like it says on the site, there is no definite answer to this - so that's a lot of "maybes"

While there are a some people out there giving examples of possible gay couples being buried with each other (this is in a past thread here somewhere raised by Seta I believe), to my knowledge (one of the better scholars here can correct me if I'm wrong) there is nothing set in papyrus to confirm this.

And just my personal take here - I see nothing written in texts to either promote or denounce homosexuality (once again please correct me if I'm wrong House scholars) so I would see this as sexuality not being so obsessed about as it is in "modern" society.

Senebty,
MeritAset - The One Whom Aset Loves
Sat Aset, Meryt Heru-Wer her NebtHet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285261
  • stats Total Topics: 19326
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything