collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Creation of Shemsu-Ankh?  (Read 25342 times)

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
Re: Creation of Shemsu-Ankh?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:12 am »
Me, too, Linda :).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 07:14:13 am »
Taking them from long distance isn't so much with the possible, but what is is bringing Hemet over to Europe, if we have the W'abu to facilitate the rite. I think we need two, which we do now have (GO HEHI) though he's in a [censored] of a place for getting to us all XD. This does mean we have the cost of bringing Hemet over, though. You don't have food costs and hotel costs and Retreat fees though, so it is cheaper, especially if more than one person is taking Weshem-Ib and is chipping in for her flight.

Jet: The RPD cost *can* be waived for hardship, but it's always nice if people consider saving up for it, or what hardship means, etc :) It's not denied to anyone who would have to sacrifice living costs for it!
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 08:37:43 am »
I so want to visit Tawy and become Shemsu-Ankh.

Not adding much to the discussion here... just sayin'.... ever so wistfully...
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 09:05:49 am »
Taia is correct: it's not possible to do the Weshem-Ib "long-distance" like we were able to do our Namings. It requires your physical presence. However, as Taia also noted, you could get a group of folks together to invite Hemet over and pay her expenses. She has also done the 'Ib at Pantheacon before (a US Pagan convention on the Pacific coast in California), so there is a precedent for off-site rituals. They just have to be off-site personally attended rituals.

As for earlier comments that this is a job, I agree. While it isn't a baleful occupation, there is a considerable burden in keeping one's oaths. This affects quite a bit of my daily decisions, I must admit. It is certainly not something entered into lightly.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:29 am »
Em Hotep,

it has always been my hope that Hemet (AUS) will come one day to Europe so that more European members can undergo Weshem'Ib. Of course money always is and was a main factor but the more Europeans members we have and who would be willing/able to contribute to cover the costs the more probably it will be

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 06:07:07 pm »
I bumped this last year, what a confidence cause I've been struggling with the thought about becoming Shemsu-ankh then Wa'abhood in the futrue. I even had the bravada to ask Djehuty and Wepwawet via oracle if this is the right path, they both said yes.

Last year I couldn't afford a trip to Tawy and I also wasn't very sure of myself or the community. I have to say spending more time in person and making the jump to speak more openly with my temple family has made me more trusting or self assured. I'm not sure I would go next year to retreat, I would have the funds, its all up to wheter I feel right about taking on more commitments. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taysat »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 07:12:35 pm »
Aww, it's not so bad if you remember to bring your graphing calculator for the math part of the test. ;)
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »
Even if you are not planning on adding to your commitments, Retreat is an amazing experience.

In my own case, there wasn't ever much doubt about my taking that path, but it certainly isn't for everyone.  But there is so much going on at Retreat, the experiences can be very profound, moving, exciting & fun.

(And not even just those at the hotel or Tawy.  I am taking the memory of Raheri, myself & our lovely Finnish sister visiting the supermarket to my grave.  It still makes me giggle more than a year later and I expect it will should I reach 90.)
--[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar[/color] ('Sokar Stirs')
Son of [color:#6600CC] Sokar-Wesir [/color] and [color:red]Hekatawy I[/color] (AUS!)
Beloved of[color:#3333FF] Nefertem,[/color][color:#009900] Min,[/color] and[color:#663300] Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color]

*Fedw diviner for [color:#6600CC] Sokar[/color]*

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 07:47:20 pm »
LOL I heard this joke before just don't remember when or where. :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »
I have to truly trust the people I am committing too otherwise that just shows I'm not taking this seriously. I heard how Retreat can be very exciting however I could ever really afford one trip every few years so it might as well be special. ;)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »
I will second that going to Tawy is an amazing experience. I didn't go for Weshem-ib or for Wep Ronpet, but it was still an amazing thing to experience.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124