Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 84
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Do you have an Egyptian Tatoo?  (Read 139455 times)

Re: Do you have an Egyptian Tatoo?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:00:12 am »
If my tats didnt hurt soooooo bad i would love to get a pectoral plate like the pharohs necklaces, but that intricate work costs thousands, i shopped around!!
In the mean time, when i learn my shemsu name I shall get that on my wrist with some lotus blossoms. and my folks and beloveds in glyphs on my back wit the wings of Aset strategically located in the center... oooowch!!
I have an udjat on my sternum, my goverment name(ha) in glyphs on my back.
Khety (formerly Meritaten)
A'AbuRaHeruakhety--"Ra's Purity/Ra's Purification"
Sat Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Set, Nut her Aset-Serqet.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 07:35:53 pm »
i have only one tat and that's of a little dragon on my right forearm, want to get a h-gliphic one which says 'beloved of ?' but which god/goddess should i put in the '?' i'm thinking bast or sekhmet, any ideas?

Offline Djehutyendy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 09:15:02 pm »
Em hotep, Djeffree!

Quote from: Djeffree
i have only one tat and that's of a little dragon on my right forearm, want to get a h-gliphic one which says 'beloved of ?' but which god/goddess should i put in the '?' i'm thinking bast or sekhmet, any ideas?

This isn't really something that any of us can really suggest to you. A tattoo is a permanent thing (obviously) and should mean a lot to you. All of us that have a tattoo of a god or goddess have a close relationship to that god or goddess, and that's why we picked it. For the most part, we have tattoos of our Parents or Beloveds that we find out during the Rite of Parent Divination. You can also undergo this divination after the Beginner's course. I'm not getting into tremendous detail because I don't want to stray too much off topic. If you have more questions, feel free to search for similar threads to the topic you are interested, start a new thread, of you could always PM me if you want :)

Senebty
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fedw Diviner

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »
Also tattoos of Gods (whether depictions or Their Names written) require special care as the depiction of a thing is seen as being that thing.  

Djeffree, no one can tell you which God (if any) to get tattooed on your body.  That is a personal decision between you and the Names involved.  If you are asking about who your beloved Gods are specifically according to the Kemetic Orthodox meaning of the term, then this is something that can only be determined via divination after the completion of the beginners course.

Hope that helped.  :)
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset

Offline Medji

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 11:51:57 pm »
I have my ink posted on another thread in this forum. Maybe I can scrounge up links to pictures of them. I have a bow across my shoulders, pointing up with the arrowhead just below my neck, on either side the ends are carved into jackal heads for my father. I have an ankh with a feather of ma'at in the stem on my left shoulder and a stylized medallion with Set's image on my left forearm on the inside. I can representations, but so far have been told "no actual images of me on you" from them.

To come: Shemsu name on the backside of my forearm (it's looong spelled out)with more Set symbolism as he see fits (kinda like merit badges, I've been making tons of progress hehe) and two winged scarabs on my collar bone area. (to be done in henna first to see if I like it)
Demedjisenu
sat Sekhmet-Hethhert her Wepwawet-Yinepu
meryt Djehuty her Set her Heru-wer

www.facebook.com/corvusvitae
www.deviantart.com/demedjisenu

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 05:01:37 pm »
em hotep all

just designed an egyptian tattoo and i'm trying to upload the picture to the forum but can't find how to do it, any help?

Offline Kefetmisenu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 05:14:55 pm »
Quote from: Djeffree
em hotep all

just designed an egyptian tattoo and i'm trying to upload the picture to the forum but can't find how to do it, any help?  

You have to upload it to another website then link it here
[color:purple]Kefetmisenu
Sat Heru-wer her Hethert-Sekhmet[/color]
[color:violet]The nutball Kemetic/Pagan/Witch artist of KO
Icon is my own artwork[/color]

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:38 pm »
Em Hotep!

After learning my name, I have changed my mind a bit on what ink to get.  Like Taji said have to be very careful on what and where you get a Name's name..  Like dont haul off and get Set's name on your bikini line.. :S however maybe Heru-Wer would think thats cool, i dont know about that.... In the mean time I now intend (if I could scan i would post it) to get in the middle of my back:  Ra-Heruakhety cleverly disguised as an Egyptian king with the sun behind his head reaching down through clouds and my shemsu name (boy,is it long) in a cartouche on the cloud directly under the King.. And i am probably going to cry like a baby. Cause its going to hurt... :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:20:30 pm by AAbuRaHeruakhety »
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 09:18:12 am »
Quote from: AAbuRaHeruakhety
If my tats didnt hurt soooooo bad  

It's not nearly as bad as you might think :)

I have the lowest tolerance to pain among people I've met in my entire lifetime, hah. I still managed to sit through over an hour-long tattoo on the inside of my arm. Did it hurt? Can't tell you it didn't, but it was totally doable and tolerable. Your adrenaline really kicks in and helps you out once the first line is down.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by VioletSkies »

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 06:33:07 am »
I need a tat buddy! To hold my paw! When i got the glyphs on my back i thought i was going to die. and when i got the Udjat on my chest I thought the tatoos guy's breath was gonna kill me :S I survived that one. barely.... lol
bock bock chicken, but thanks for the pep talk Nesi! :D
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 09:20:00 am »
haha I was dying by the end of my tattoo on my arm, but I still think I totally psyched myself up for 98% of the pain. But when that adrenaline wears off at the end, I did want to knaw my own arm off... of course by that point the idea of "I have no choice now but to finish this" kept me going, rofl.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:28 am »
HA Right, after he started you cant tell the guy to stop and have a half Ankh, so you gotta suck it up and endure. Love of Ink is pain! I have one on my arm, I thought that was the easiest, wish I had more arm room! I think an Egypty tramp stamps would look cute, but know i could not tolerate it. Its sensitive back there.
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »
Kemetic tramp-stamp would look pretty cute, I personally don't have the body for it, but on someone else it would ;) LOL -- I just never display that part of my body. I really have little interest in tattoos I can't display fairly easily. I like people to see it.

My tattoo isn't Kemetic in nature at all, in fact my husband designed it and it is more of a match to his. He has a Celtic cross tattoed on his left forearm, and I have a celtic-knot with a small cross attached to it on my left forearm (which was his design). It represents my roots (celtic roots from back home, and the strong good Christian influences from back home [true and honest loving Christians, not the ones who fake loving everyone] -- But I'm intending to have it extended, so that it connects up with a pentagram and an Ankh (two more facetes of my history and faith).

I want my left arm to some day be a tattoo history of me :) If I go through it, I want it on my arm. I think that'll be my task over the years :) ... now all we need is the moolah to do it :P

We just won a radio contest with our tattoos! We won VIP passes to the Blink 182 concert (rehersal show the day before, dinner backstage, and tickets to the concert), our tattoos were picked as winners :)

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 12:56:14 am »
I have a variety of tattoos. Only one is Kemet-themed.

Half-sleeve (lower left arm) of Set battling Apep amidst wind and lightning and storm clouds. Set is wrapped in the serpent's coils but has a spear thrust through its head (in through the open mouth, popping out the back of the head in a blood spray).

About ten hours total work so far. It's time to touch it up again soon and connect it to the upper arm.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 07:54:37 am »
!!!!!!!!!! NESI! Im goping to the Blink 182 concert in Pittsburgh 8/14! Freakin love the Blink!

I dont have the body for a trampy stampy either!  Your hubby designs tats? hmmmm One day if I send ya'll a drawing can he draw it all professional like, so I can have it done.  Cant draw to save my life.
I agree why get it if you cant show it! The Udjat always is an awkward conversation starter. Its hard for people to look in my eyes while talking.  Their eyes will always fall to the Udjat (it gets all the attention!) I say if you stare at it long enough it will wink!
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291385
  • stats Total Topics: 19800
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653